Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Has anyone ever used the Costco Auto program? I am looking to pick up a Personal Water Craft and would love to save as much money as possible. Anyone had any experiences?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Dog food, tick and flea treatment and toilet paper are worth the price of admission

You won't believe how much toilet paper a wife can go through

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Telephones posted:

Does Costco have a veggie dog? :shittydog::shittydog::shittypop:

What the gently caress is this heretical bullshit? Praise be to the $1.50 1/4 lb ALL MOTHERFUCKIN' GOD drat 'MURICAN BEEF hot dog and soda with refill.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I just asked if we could go to Costco today and was rejected. I thought we were supposed to go to church at least once a week?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
went to Costco after dinner last night. I was full but I had just enough room for a hot dog.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Steamed up some Normandy blend, and my 1.5 year old has discovered that she likes cauliflower. Praise be! :pray:

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Has anyone else read this magical complaint book at the front of the store? Sorry for the crappy pics.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
All i can see is... PBUC

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Good lord what a bunch of bitchmade whiners. Revoke their memberships imo.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe
Let me preface this by saying, PBUC; I am no heretic, slinking past the door guards meekly muttering, "I'm here for alcohol the state says you have to allo..."

But drat if I don't live in the Costco triangle of death. Going to any of the stores is a drive from Beverly Hills and a real assrape situation of crowdedness and sample hogging fatasses.

Pic for illustration. Please great Costco, save us from this terrible dire way of living. I fear my visits will decline even more.

The Sicilian fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 19, 2017

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nor a single mention of bringing back Ling lings potstickers

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

The Sicilian posted:

Let me preface this by saying, PBUC; I am no heretic, slinking past the door guards meekly muttering, "I'm here for alcohol the state says you have to allo..."

But drat if I don't live in the Costco triangle of death. Going to any of the stores is a drive from Beverly Hills and a real assrape situation of crowdedness and sample hogging fatasses.

Pic for illustration. Please great Costco, save us from this terrible dire way of living. I fear my visits will decline even more.

I go to the one in Marina Del Rey at 9 am on Sundays and there's nary a line and bountiful parking until 1030.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Gorman Thomas posted:

I go to the one in Marina Del Rey at 9 am on Sundays and there's nary a line and bountiful parking until 1030.

I can't be constrained to a schedule like that, my thirst for $1.50 dawgs naws at me every minute of every hour.

(Thank you, I will definitely go to stco around this time.)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
CostCo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVG98f8NL5g

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Dr. Capco posted:

Good lord what a bunch of bitchmade whiners. Revoke their memberships imo.

Some people don't appreciate the more abstract things that Costco does for you. You liked the tortilla chips they carried? Well they're rotational, they'll be back, until then, beloved member, branch out, try some different chips, expand your palate, you'll find something else you love.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I was going to share my praises but they were out of slips. And also ask for a coffee grinder at the front of the store like I've seen in other 'scos.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Okay goons I need you all to suggest to Costco that they carry a combo pack of gyro/Italian sausage/cheesburger melts. The chicken melts may be good but those other ones are better.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Grem posted:

Some people don't appreciate the more abstract things that Costco does for you. You liked the tortilla chips they carried? Well they're rotational, they'll be back, until then, beloved member, branch out, try some different chips, expand your palate, you'll find something else you love.

tbf it does suck when you find a great new product you love and it's gonee. maybe it'll come back at some point and miss it or sometimes it's actually rotational but there's been a lot of good products that don't make it back

i don't blame costco per se, but still stings

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

What's all this bring back the Ling Lings talk, they still have that giant yellow bag of MSG in the freezer!!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TheManWithNoName posted:

I was going to share my praises but they were out of slips. And also ask for a coffee grinder at the front of the store like I've seen in other 'scos.

We have those grinders at all the local 'stcos, just another blessing by the most high. PBUC

Same, but the power of Costco? Quality goods at a fair price!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TheManWithNoName posted:

Has anyone else read this magical complaint book at the front of the store? Sorry for the crappy pics.

Lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Xaris posted:

tbf it does suck when you find a great new product you love and it's gonee. maybe it'll come back at some point and miss it or sometimes it's actually rotational but there's been a lot of good products that don't make it back

i don't blame costco per se, but still stings

If you like it, you should tell them. It appears they listen.

And yeah, the rotations tend to encourage impulse buying and stocking up. Which I assume is intentional.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Same, but the power of Costco? Quality goods at a fair price!

You want it? Take !

PBUC

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
tbf Tilamook Jalapeno and pepper jack owns

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Harald posted:

tbf Tilamook Jalapeno and pepper jack owns

It does. Tilamook is the easy choice for price/taste, for sure. That applies to all of its flavors. The best cheese for most people.

I'm a big advocate for Costco's boutique cheeses though. They have some amazing top shelf cheese for cheap. It's gonna run you a bit more than Tillamook but drat does Costco have some good fuckin' cheese.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
the big round of brie they sell is also a pro-buy (PBUC)

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Harald posted:

the big round of brie they sell is also a pro-buy (PBUC)

Hell yeah dude.

Let's get some burrata in there for good measure too baby.

Taima fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 19, 2017

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ok so I swung by Costco today to get gas (and drop a deuce in the newly remodeled bathrooms) and noticed a full drink vending machine filled with only bottles of Kirkland water tucked back there.

$.25 for a bottle. One quarter.

PBUC.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Chinatown posted:

Ok so I swung by Costco today to get gas (and drop a deuce in the newly remodeled bathrooms) and noticed a full drink vending machine filled with only bottles of Kirkland water tucked back there.

$.25 for a bottle. One quarter.

PBUC.

I haven't seen a vending machine with anything for a quarter since I was in middle school, wow.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Peachfart posted:

I haven't seen a vending machine with anything for a quarter since I was in middle school, wow.

not my photo but here's the same thing that I saw:

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Me looking for dogs

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Snowmankilla posted:

Has anyone ever used the Costco Auto program? I am looking to pick up a Personal Water Craft and would love to save as much money as possible. Anyone had any experiences?

I used it quite some time ago to buy my ($40k but now paid off!) truck. I wouldn't expect any miracles, but you can go into the dealership knowing that they will quote you a solid price without any hassles about financing or extras. Now - the dealership /will/ try to sell you extras and they /will/ try to push you into finance, but due to their contract with Costco they will initially tell you the price and move on from there. Just stick to the price and hopefully you brought your own financing.

Not sure if that helps, but for me it was great because I didn't have to haggle on the cost. I knew the number they had contractually negotiated with Costco so I didn't feel like I was wading through bullshit.

I had to say no to about a million extras though so you still get the dealership "experience".

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Ever notice how the cheese pizza slices have more calories than the combo or pepperoni?

There's 24oz of cheese on the cheeze pizza and 14oz on the others. That's a pound and a half of delicious mozzarella/provolone blend.
That's a helluva value for $10! PBUC

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

TheManWithNoName posted:

It's actually pretty impressive how detailed the answers are, any other store would probably just be a big list of "Thank you for your feedback".

The best are the ones where they respond to people complaining about not having something with "item is currently in stock at this location", how embarrassing it must be for the complainer!

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Taima posted:

It does. Tilamook is the easy choice for price/taste, for sure. That applies to all of its flavors. The best cheese for most people.

I'm a big advocate for Costco's boutique cheeses though. They have some amazing top shelf cheese for cheap. It's gonna run you a bit more than Tillamook but drat does Costco have some good fuckin' cheese.

The logs of goat cheese are a god drat steal. If you like soft eggs mix it in with your scrambled eggs or omelet, it's loving amazing. Plus, chives grow like weeds so plant some chives so you can chop them up fresh. Hell, dry them out for year round use and soften them up with some butter in the pan beforehand. Even the flowers! It'll blow your mind how much better goat cheese and chive eggs are than whatever random cheese you've been using.

Kirkland Parmigiano Reggiano will freak you out if you've never had an imported parmesan cheese at affordable prices.

Also, Cabot cheddar is waaaaaaay better than Tillmahook if you like it sharp.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Garcin posted:

I used it quite some time ago to buy my ($40k but now paid off!) truck. I wouldn't expect any miracles, but you can go into the dealership knowing that they will quote you a solid price without any hassles about financing or extras. Now - the dealership /will/ try to sell you extras and they /will/ try to push you into finance, but due to their contract with Costco they will initially tell you the price and move on from there. Just stick to the price and hopefully you brought your own financing.

Not sure if that helps, but for me it was great because I didn't have to haggle on the cost. I knew the number they had contractually negotiated with Costco so I didn't feel like I was wading through bullshit.

I had to say no to about a million extras though so you still get the dealership "experience".

Thanks! Appreciate the info.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

MisterOblivious posted:

The logs of goat cheese are a god drat steal. If you like soft eggs mix it in with your scrambled eggs or omelet, it's loving amazing. Plus, chives grow like weeds so plant some chives so you can chop them up fresh. Hell, dry them out for year round use and soften them up with some butter in the pan beforehand. Even the flowers! It'll blow your mind how much better goat cheese and chive eggs are than whatever random cheese you've been using.

Kirkland Parmigiano Reggiano will freak you out if you've never had an imported parmesan cheese at affordable prices.

Also, Cabot cheddar is waaaaaaay better than Tillmahook if you like it sharp.
I just bought two logs of goat cheese from Costco today (yesterday). Holy poo poo it's amazing.

Trader Joe's still has better cheese and I'll take that to my grave. But Costco just slaughtered them with goats and their cheese-making ability.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Snowmankilla posted:

I bought my car (Honda Fit) in 2015 through the Costco Auto Program, and I'd recommend it to anyone. I knew I wanted a Fit, so they sent me to a Honda dealer (across town; I would not have chosen that one) and was treated really well. Got a great price, and the only haggling involved the trade-in value for my old car, which ended being exactly what I (realistically) hoped to get. I had never bought a new car before, and they took all the stress out of the process. But I paid cash, which helped too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Today is national hot dog day.

Costco is running a special: Hot Dog (or Polish) with soda (with refill) for only $1.50!!!! but...everyday. :grin:

PBUC!