Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Jeanne will be obsolete over time.

For the arrival of the greatest mistress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Bah, don't say such things. Jeanne is keeping me going. I'm 3 gold statues from upping her again. If I grind enough tonight, I just might get them...

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

The One True Jeanne is 8 months away (if the chinese calendar is anything to go by)

I hope I get sick of this game by then because I'm going to get in trouble for her.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Against my better judgment I opened my wallet to round out two more 10-pulls as my last attempt at getting Gil. My insane luck struck again, with the first set giving me a Kaleidoscope, second Vlad, second Heracles, (I used my ticket to claim one.) and two Lancelots. (I already had one of him too.) The next set gave me Heaven's Feel, a Weird Sleeve Sakura, yet another Lancelot... and oh sparkly orbs! Surely that must mean... a Jeanne.

So while I can't complain about such ridiculous luck, it also marks the only time I'll give them money chasing a rateup, because that's five total 5*s combined without Gil. I guess on the plus side the gacha decided I really really liked Berserkers and with four 5*s I might get more friend requests from whales.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

cyxx posted:

Alright welp that's 12 tickets in story summon and not getting SAlter or any 4* or higher. My lack of patience is disappointing.

The only way I can resist spending quartz is the light high I get with the single tickets. To their credit in the past 10 I've got a lancelot and a kaleidoscope so I don't feel too ripped off

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Vhak lord of hate posted:

The only way I can resist spending quartz is the light high I get with the single tickets. To their credit in the past 10 I've got a lancelot and a kaleidoscope so I don't feel too ripped off

Yeah. The trickle of tickets gets me just disappointed enough where I'll be able to resist doing a 10 pull due to the disappointment of getting another rin locket ce. I won't have any single pulls for banners but at least I'll have quartz. So I'm more or less pleased with my restraint.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Is there any point to upgrading CEs other than increasing the amount of attack or hit points they give the equipped servant?

Also if this game gives me one more Azoth Blade I'm gonna use it to destroy the Grail.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Bad Seafood posted:

Is there any point to upgrading CEs other than increasing the amount of attack or hit points they give the equipped servant?
Nope.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

I've been friending everybody whose name sounds like something I would encounter in everyday life, to live out my RP of "just some dude caught up in a crazy situation". My buds Charlie, George, Frankie, and Vince basically all suck, they only have like 1 or two Servants over level 40 each, but by God we're gonna Seinfeld our way to victory.

You spent $500 on a character on a phone game?? Jerry asks with feigned incredulity, trying to hide a grin breaking through

He's gold Jerry.. Gold!!

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

That's the only effect their level has. If you upgrade them with four copies of themselves, though, the effect is slightly improved.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So, when do we get good grinding quests because doing the advanced duel quest and getting... 1 Saber Piece out of it is jsut infuriating

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Nyaa posted:

Jeanne will be obsolete over time.

For the arrival of the greatest mistress

I mean it's still Jeanne

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Jeanne's upgraded NP should keep her useful until Merlin.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Found out just now that NP's that remove buffs also gets rid of evasion. No more chain evasions from Cu thanks to Medea.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
A good Rider should fix any squishy Caster problems.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
What other good riders are coming up? I guess Martha is the only decentish one right now (well, George but I wouldn't use him for doors)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Francis Drake and the Lesbian Pirates both come in Okeanos and are good and are gonna be the only good ones until Kintoki and Ozymandias wayyyyyyyyyyyy later. That being said after an interlude or two, Iskander got better, but he's mostly kinda average.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Captain Baal posted:

Francis Drake and the Lesbian Pirates both come in Okeanos and are good and are gonna be the only good ones until Kintoki and Ozymandias wayyyyyyyyyyyy later. That being said after an interlude or two, Iskander got better, but he's mostly kinda average.

Santa Alter is the awesomest rider ever and I will not stand for this heresy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like Santa Alter, but the gentleman asked for what are the good riders coming up not "What Rider do i find hilarious and feed KFC to?"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You know, I'm actually perfectly alright with sticking with samurai waifu Ushi, boy Alexander, and my man Saint George until Rider Kintoki and Iskander.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I hope Iskandar has the stats and skills to match his stature and character.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Thanks! Now to see what I happens first, Okeanos gets released or I get Ushi/George. I've somehow managed to get every other 2* to NP5 or NP4 but no George. Doesn't help that my FPs seem to have dried up for some reason. George will be mine eventually :argh:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Bad Seafood posted:

Also if this game gives me one more Azoth Blade I'm gonna use it to destroy the Grail.

If you feed a CE a copy of itself its max level increases, do that four times and its base effect improves. This can make some 3* CEs actually decent, like Dragon Meridian (you start with 50% NP instead of 30%) or Grimoire.

That's it really. Although the stat boosts from a max-level 5* CE can be considerable, so its worth upgrading them. A max-level Kaleidoscope boosts Attack by 2,000 points. (You will never get a max-level Kaleidoscope)

Azoth Blade and Black Keys will always suck. Their only use is to feed other CEs or be burned for Prisms.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Azoth Blade and Black Keys will always suck. Their only use is to feed other CEs or be burned for Prisms.

Given CEs don't really have an easily accessible equivalent to Servant EXP cards, you probably don't really want to do this. Just like Servants, experience costs for CEs also get incredibly high as they get higher in level (though nowhere near as much as Servants), and even if you currently have maxed out CEs you want to use you will presumably still need to raise them more in the future.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

OddObserver posted:

I hope Iskandar has the stats and skills to match his stature and character.

Iskander's specialty is being a bruiser type Rider. He hits and hits hard and he'll help your party hit hard. First two skills boost ATK and NP power for the whole party and his third skill boosts his own Buster ATK. His NP gain isn't bad, but it isn't the best and he can absorb stars to do heavy crit damage.

So it kinda matches, but he's not the most flexible Rider to use in a party unless you're steam rolling Casters and Berserkers.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Tried to get gil, got Altera instead, Any good? Who's she go with?

the Hun, so as not to be confused with all the other similar names

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I like Santa Alter, but the gentleman asked for what are the good riders coming up not "What Rider do i find hilarious and feed KFC to?"

This was a nice touch. It was pretty neat they made the xmas glutton servant have buckets of KFC being her ascension materials, considering the weird cultural significance Japan has around Christmas KFC

Compendium posted:

Iskander's specialty is being a bruiser type Rider. He hits and hits hard and he'll help your party hit hard. First two skills boost ATK and NP power for the whole party and his third skill boosts his own Buster ATK. His NP gain isn't bad, but it isn't the best and he can absorb stars to do heavy crit damage.

So it kinda matches, but he's not the most flexible Rider to use in a party unless you're steam rolling Casters and Berserkers.

Iskander's main problem is that he's sort of a worse Drake, in that she basically has Iskander's first two skills on the same button.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Neopie posted:

Tried to get gil, got Altera instead, Any good? Who's she go with?

the Hun, so as not to be confused with all the other similar names

She's got very high stats and she plays well as a damage-dealer on just about any team. Her NP is an AOE Buster, but unlike Altria it's still useful for bosses because it applies a -DEF debuff as well. She can boost the parties' NP damage which is situationally very useful, and she's got a self-heal and a self-buff skill. She even gets an interlude that buffs her second skill to increase Crit Star absorption, which makes her even stronger on teams that generate a lot of stars.

There's almost no way to play her wrong apart from sending her against a horde of Archers.

Also she's Chaotic Good and will not rest until the bad civilizations are gone.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

NRVNQSR posted:

That's the only effect their level has. If you upgrade them with four copies of themselves, though, the effect is slightly improved.

Vengarr posted:

If you feed a CE a copy of itself its max level increases, do that four times and its base effect improves. This can make some 3* CEs actually decent, like Dragon Meridian (you start with 50% NP instead of 30%) or Grimoire.

That's it really. Although the stat boosts from a max-level 5* CE can be considerable, so its worth upgrading them. A max-level Kaleidoscope boosts Attack by 2,000 points. (You will never get a max-level Kaleidoscope)

Oh, neat. Do I just level them up with themselves, or do I need to do an ascension/noble phantasm thing?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Bad Seafood posted:

Oh, neat. Do I just level them up with themselves, or do I need to do an ascension/noble phantasm thing?

Level them up with themselves. You can also tell how many duplicates you've fed into your CE by the four star-shaped icons when you go to enhance them.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Another stupid beginner question: What do you do with low level servants? And is there anywhere in the strengthening menu that shows the NP level? Because there seems to be no warning when you accidentally feed your NP level 5 1 star to another one for XP.
Edit: Thanks for the quick replies.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jul 19, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

genericnick posted:

Another stupid beginner question: What do you do with low level servants? And is there anywhere in the strengthening menu that shows the NP level? Because there seems to be no warning when you accidentally feed your NP level 5 1 star to another one for XP.

While I can't answer your question I do like to feed my low level servants a few cheap XP cards just so they're level 2 or anything other than 1. That way I can tell they're safe.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
I just lock my first copy of every new servant so I don't feed the wrong one.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

genericnick posted:

If you already have NP 5 of a Servant, any more duplicates are just for burning. No, there isn't anywhere in the XP Strengthening screen that shows NP level, which can get frustrating. However, if you go to a Servant's profile, you have the option to Lock them on the left side of the screen, which prevents you from burning or feeding them. You can also Lock CEs as well.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

genericnick posted:

Firstly, generally feeding servants for EXP isn't worth it, you're better off just selling them since the boost is complete poo poo. You can and should lock all your NP5 servants so you dont feed them to each other but no big deal if you do for 1-2* servants because you get shitloads of copies anyway (in my experience).

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!

genericnick posted:

On a servants profile screen, there should be a "lock" button on the far left. This basically makes it impossible to feed that copy of that servant to anything else. Just lock the first copy of every servant you get, and you are golden.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

TheFireMagi posted:

If you already have NP 5 of a Servant, any more duplicates are just for burning. No, there isn't anywhere in the XP Strengthening screen that shows NP level, which can get frustrating. However, if you go to a Servant's profile, you have the option to Lock them on the left side of the screen, which prevents you from burning or feeding them. You can also Lock CEs as well.

You can filter cards by NP level

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

Given CEs don't really have an easily accessible equivalent to Servant EXP cards, you probably don't really want to do this. Just like Servants, experience costs for CEs also get incredibly high as they get higher in level (though nowhere near as much as Servants), and even if you currently have maxed out CEs you want to use you will presumably still need to raise them more in the future.

The situation's different with CEs. Unlike servants, with CE's feeding A to B to C gives C the total of A and B's experience, not just B's. So you can feed lots of 1 and 2*s together at a low QP cost, then feed that to the CE you're trying to level. You'll get much more benefit from that than from feeding 3* CEs.

Selling junk 3* CEs for one mana prism each is great value, you should do that.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Vengarr posted:

A max-level Kaleidoscope boosts Attack by 2,000 points. (You will never get a max-level Kaleidoscope)

I just know that if I roll again on Gil I'll end up with another keido :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

HiveCommander posted:

This was a nice touch. It was pretty neat they made the xmas glutton servant have buckets of KFC being her ascension materials, considering the weird cultural significance Japan has around Christmas KFC

Saber Alter's thing is also that she is a glutton who only wants to eat junk food, so the fried chicken works both ways. There's a whole skit of her trying all kinds of fancy food and thinking they suck, then getting absolutely stoked after getting a burger.