Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

ilmucche posted:

Saw a bike today with a orange plastic reflector sticking off the side, like it reaches about a foot to the left of the bike. My actual thought process: "oh that's a bit weird. Seems a bit passive aggressive, but I'd hate to judge. I guess it helps make sure people give space and you're trying to be respo- oh you've just ridden through a red light."

The bike version of driving like an a hole with a "Baby on Board" sticker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Saw a BMW do a 360 next to me on the freeway today. We locked eyes during his rotation, it owned.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://fat.gfycat.com/FirsthandWellgroomedDragonfly.webm

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

I'm just impressed with that 2d Blazer at this point.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I'm just impressed with that 2d Blazer at this point.

Did he leave his house with the blazer in that condition cause that is awesome.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

TotalLossBrain posted:

I think they are still getting used to the turning radius of that land yacht. I am not impressed.

If it is a coupe they need that much space to open the door.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Elephanthead posted:

Did he leave his house with the blazer in that condition cause that is awesome.

If I was forced to put money on it, my bet is that there is a police chopper following him, and this is the result of getting the left side spike-stripped.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Elephanthead posted:

If it is a coupe they need that much space to open the door.

I was just about to say those doors are like 4' long.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
This was a four-door.

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 14, 2017

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Lahey's a drunk

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

nsaP posted:

Lahey's a drunk

Not lahey, it still has the roof

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://youtu.be/Ebs9ROCcV9U

:psypop:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Is... is that person reversing to get back on the freeway?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Backing up to avoid getting in the express lanes.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O51f1BZKPoo

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Drunk (?) old dude just almost stepped in front of the bus I'm on. Guy he was with held him back, as he stood there looking confused. This was at a Fremont Street crosswalk in Vegas.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Had some piece of poo poo in an Impreza tailgate me for a long way in the middle of traffic on my way home from a short trip on Saturday. He kept weaving in and out of traffic and would ride everyone's rear end. Finally when I couldn't even see the guy's face through my rear view mirror since he was on my rear end so hard I flashed my brakes at him. I guess this pissed him off since he tried to pulled up aside me or something (but couldn't because, y'know, traffic.) Then he turned off onto another road anyway.

Dude I don't know what you want from me when you're a split second away from rear ending my car and I'm just trying to get home in this traffic like everyone else.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i dunno friend, i just usually coast down to 10 under if i cant see your drat headlights. its called use the passing lane rear end in a top hat and pass.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

sneakyfrog posted:

i dunno friend, i just usually coast down to 10 under if i cant see your drat headlights. its called use the passing lane rear end in a top hat and pass.

I wanted to slow down egregiously but I didn't want to purposefully piss him off. For the record too, I was not in the leftmost lane and traffic was consistently going 5 over the limit anyway.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Protocol7 posted:

I wanted to slow down egregiously but I didn't want to purposefully piss him off. For the record too, I was not in the leftmost lane and traffic was consistently going 5 over the limit anyway.

last time i even just flashed my brakes at someone, they drat near skidded off the road and i dont need some horrible karmic poo poo in my little happy universe.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Came across a downed motorcycle last night, no way for me to guess what happened because the only damaged vehicle was the bike. But dude was laying on his side struggling to get up as the EMT's rolled in. Was wearing jeans, t-shirt, no helmet. Blood streaming out of his nose. :downs:

(best I could tell is he tapped the curb, and went offroading over a median and spilled on the far side in incoming traffic. if another vehicle was involved it didn't stick around)

I get that helmets "aren't cool" but jesus christ dude, it's your brain. Protect it.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

xzzy posted:

I get that helmets "aren't cool" but jesus christ dude, it's your brain. Protect it.

Why bother. It's clearly not useful to him as it is.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

sneakyfrog posted:

This works surprisingly well.

I don't think it's even intentional, some people just zone out when making the long commute home and don't really realize how close they are to your car and haven't checked the other lanes for open traffic. Slowing down wakes them up a bit and they usually change lanes.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

VideoTapir posted:

Drunk (?) old dude just almost stepped in front of the bus I'm on. Guy he was with held him back, as he stood there looking confused. This was at a Fremont Street crosswalk in Vegas.

I'm shocked I haven't seen someone die on Fremont Street. So many drunks/drugged out people just crossing the street with impunity.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

FCKGW posted:

This works surprisingly well.

I don't think it's even intentional, some people just zone out when making the long commute home and don't really realize how close they are to your car and haven't checked the other lanes for open traffic. Slowing down wakes them up a bit and they usually change lanes.

My wife falls into that trance a lot. She'll just be going along and roll up to a car going 10mph slower than she is and she'll just gradually slow to meet their speed and then complain that they are going sooooo sloowwww. Like 10 seconds of attentiveness and anticipation would completely void that annoyance but she either doesn't have it, or just zones out until she realizes how slow she's going.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Had a small traffic jam when a drunk(?) stumbled into the street with an armful of empty bottles and dropped them all. Last I saw he was threatening everyone who tried to 'steal' his bottles and screaming incoherently when a Deputy showed up.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
This is more of the obscured traffic signs you share the road with.

My direction has no stop signs (though the RR crossing makes that confusing) while the street with the RR tracks has a yield sign. While it is painted on the ground, the paint is hard to pick up because of the RR tracks. The yield sign is full engulfed in a tree.
Good thing people were kinda paying attention today.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Holy gently caress. They tilled one of the roads right next to my apartment and people take it so slow now. It's a bit of gravel, people, you can go faster than 3MPH.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Protocol7 posted:

Holy gently caress. They tilled one of the roads right next to my apartment and people take it so slow now. It's a bit of gravel, people, you can go faster than 3MPH.

On the opposite end, I've seen people fly down freshly chipsealed roads when they are supposed to be taking it slow.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

iospace posted:

On the opposite end, I've seen people fly down freshly chipsealed roads when they are supposed to be taking it slow.

The road I'm talking about is curved so you can take it at like 20mph tops. It's still perfectly safe to do so and they haven't put up different speed limit signs. It has a speed limit of 25mph total.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

iospace posted:

Ah, I remember the olden days where we'd dump used motor oil on gravel roads to create our own version of chip n' seal.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ah, I remember the olden days where we'd dump used motor oil on gravel roads to create our own version of chip n' seal.
:airquote: "Used motor oil" :airquote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Times_Beach,_Missouri

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Bonus points: When my dad (and hundreds others) did it the location was next to a lake.

Roads had so much oil on them he'd comment about hanging his arm out the window and getting oil on it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

If it were car tennis, owner should be able to serve again.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

"Is this a parking spot?"

"Eh, should be okay"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shouldn't have tried for that grind, you can clearly see where they bolted the anti-skateboard brackets in place.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have questions.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

I have questions.

The answers are probably meth, meth, stolen, and meth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Powershift posted:

The answers are probably meth, meth, stolen, and meth.

Oh gently caress yes.