Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

big nipples big life posted:

Didn't Derek sell early access packages costing up to 100 bucks for lod?

I hear there's an archive for these sorts of questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Didn't Derek sell early access packages costing up to 100 bucks for lod?

I vaguely remember those were called TAK packs or something, and they gave you a special gun? IDK, but I bet they were probably totally worth it :smuggo:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Kromlech posted:

Pavlov may have trained a dozen or so dogs, but Chris Roberts mentally enslaved tens of thousands of grown adult humans.

Think about that.

"You see," Roberts drones as he waves his hands to infuse some panache in his dead voice, "the average citizen has been conditioned to respond positively to stimulus that has no relation to, um, uh, the quality of the game."

Sandi presses a button.

"You see," Roberts repeats as his hands move at a frenzy, "what my lovely wi...I mean my professional colleague and I have just done through the press of that button, is to, uh, put something on sale. An image. Some, concept art. We have been doing this for years, and every time we, uh, think it's not going to work, well, let's just say the dogs we trained are St Bernards. Just slobber all over the place, ha ha. You can see for yourself that this is a very reliable source of revenue."

The hands rest. Papers are shuffled and examined. Financial reports leafed through.

"So," Roberts says with an over enthusiastic and nervous laugh, "supporting our company is a very safe thing to do, we can generate money like this, oh, I'd say, without fail. Shall we pop the champagne?"

Sandi has already positioned herself by the bottle, her eyes dart from face to face in anticipation.

"Mister Roberts," a bespectacled man in a well tailored suit says after an all too pregnant pause, "we at Coutts and Co will be happy to support your development, providing you place every asset of your company as collateral."

"Deal!" Sandi cries and releases the cork.

Mr.Tophat fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 19, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I mean it's not technically crowdfunding but selling poo poo for an unfinished game is selling poo poo for an unfinished game.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

trucutru posted:

It's a custom slammer! Worth way more than 5 cents!

Every trick I know I owe to Top Cat, expect blog posting

I learned that from officer Dibble

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Wow... this just made me realize that the beige nightmare zone where your hands and feet break and spin is either inside of or behind Crusader.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

Wow... this just made me realize that the beige nightmare zone where your hands and feet break and spin is either inside of or behind Crusader.

I think it's inside it tbh, right in the middle. It's the perfect place to hide all that stuff

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6o50t4/a_relatively_big_facebook_gaming_page_posted_a/

this whole thread, it's just perfect. the whole thing

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

thatguy posted:

Planetary exploration is in :smuggo:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also destiny 2 looks absolutely fantastic on the PS4, plays great too. shooting giant warharmmer 40k men in this head still feels perfect

the seamless world matchmaking was neat and you could easily sign up for dungeons or PvP and matched in seconds

but like, star citizen or something

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

boviscopophobic posted:

Planetary exploration is in :smuggo:
http://i.imgur.com/nnFjeOK.gifv
In since 2.5.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

GOD drat CONSOLE PEASANTS! PEASANTS PEASANTS PEASANTS!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

also destiny 2 looks absolutely fantastic on the PS4, plays great too. shooting giant warharmmer 40k men in this head still feels perfect

the seamless world matchmaking was neat and you could easily sign up for dungeons or PvP and matched in seconds

but like, star citizen or something

Might grab it for PC to be honest. Never played the first.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I was so excited to finally clip through a planet only to realize I've been doing it all along. Even in its bugs Star Citizen is disappointing.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The core of every planet is made up of hundreds of spaghettified commandos.
:laffo:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

stimpirelore.txt

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

PC Master Race people deserve Star Citizen.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Might grab it for PC to be honest. Never played the first.
it's pretty fun if ya like co op shooters and small pvp. Ill dual buy on the ps4 and pc because I dumb

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

THATS EXACTLY WHAT A PEASANT WOULD SAY! :byodood:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

it's pretty fun if ya like co op shooters and small pvp.

:yeah:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
poo poo I forgot that I chat possibly own a pc or have ever played pc games because I have owned a console in some form for the last 33 years

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

console peasants are holding back the technology with their 8-core CPUs and 8GB of RAM

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I remember the last time I got mad at others for making GBS threads on a game I play read about constantly.

Wait, no I don't.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also I was actually impressed that the game of thrones chardonnay wasn't bad. I'm finally over my hangover from Sunday

gently caress getting old

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Consoles can't deliver 15 FPS of fidelity. Piles of poo poo.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Jesus, that thread makes me want to burn my PC and buy a Switch.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

alphabettitouretti posted:

:reddit: trying to defend the 5-10 planets thing by claiming that it doesn't matter because actually those planets will be "full scale" and so chock-full of content it makes up for them not fulfilling the 100 systems promise is the best thing. There is no way in hell they will ever be able to populate even a single realistically sized planet with enough content to make it a satisfactory experience. I would toxx for this but it's loving blindingly obvious to anyone who isn't dazzled by the crobber's hypnotic arm movements that this is an outlandish idea which will never, ever happen. It's hard to see how the fuckwits will even manage a single small empty planet you can land on, let alone one that is "full scale" and filled with actual gameplay. They haven't even been able to provide a decent amount of content for the couple of stations they've currently got.

cross posting from the ED thread

The 5-10 systems being "full scale" and "fleshed out" is hilarious because that was the reason they gave for having "100 handcrafted systems" instead of procedural-generation in the first place.

I fully expect it to be condensed even futher with the same exact reasoning given again.

Its not like space is supposed to be big and empty and dull or anything like that.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Derek, please respond to this with something like :

"Well since CR made me the bogeyman for having a negative opinion and you guys blame all of SC's problems on me... etc"

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I just realized that citizens are exactly like the worst wine snobs I've ever met lol

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
"We voted for this!" I screamed as my entire universe shrank into a single crysis map.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Viscous Soda posted:

Jesus, that thread makes me want to burn my PC and buy a Switch.
like I wanted to lay out quotes n poo poo but loving every post was an lol p much

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sabreseven posted:

Derek, please respond to this with something like :

"Well since CR made me the bogeyman for having a negative opinion and you guys blame all of SC's problems on me... etc"

Nah, keep it simple.

"You"

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
https://gfycat.com/GrouchyTintedLamprey

that lovely stuttering.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

thatguy posted:

I'm going to guess Crusader is located with its center on the origin of the coordinate system, that's why commandos go there when the engine doesn't have a location for them.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I'm the explosion happening 7 feet to the right of the starboard engine nacelle.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/Cymelion/status/846927478060826627

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hav posted:

Backhanded compliment to be sure. I wonder what they'd prefer to see.

I worked with Bree Royce once. She's a level person.

I asked. She didn't respond to my post. :shrug:

Tippis posted:

So you can just slap down some terrain, put it at the right level, assign a water surface texture and go on with your business instead of getting bogged down with making all kinds of special water volumes.

You're making an FPS, after all, not a diving or flight or space simulator — those shortcuts are great.

I am having lunch, and I almost choked. I love you, man. You have the best - innocuous - posts.

LMAO!! Yeah, that's it! So when those clowns decided to make a SPACE game using that editor, they had to get around this. In early days, someone forgot to read the docs :grin:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No one would admit to reading dereks blog except derek himself

Oh, you think I read them, huh? Goddamn LOL!!

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm the explosion happening 7 feet to the right of the starboard engine nacelle.

I'm the two giant engines firing without any apparent accelleration taking place relative to the ship that's floating helplessly.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm still not sure why the ship animation repeats after being shot?
It's like an identical loop, not sure how to describe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Oh, you think I read them, huh? Goddamn LOL!!

lolol