Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Jedit posted:

I think the day will end before I wake up, which means I will end, so should the game not end as well I think PMush is the other bad guy.

He definitely is because of the vote that went on TM. Our biggest mistake was not killing him.

Well actually.

My biggest mistake was playing Dishonoured tonight instead of keeping up with this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, that's a hell of a way to go out, I guess.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Did anybody say they were sick today?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Yeah, jedit did

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Tired Moritz - Self-aligned poisoner was launched into the sun on day 5.

His role pm looked like this:

You are "accidentally squirting your drink through your nose, and it's a spicy alcoholic drink."

3p Poisoner, 1 shot BP

You are a serial killer and win by being the last person alive.

Each night you may target another player, that player is poisoned and will die the following night.

You have one shot of BP and will ignore the first night kill that targets you.

It is night 5.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:toot:

One down, one to go.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Welp, at least it's gratifying to be right about two things. There was a reciprocal protection cycle in the 3PKs, and the Poisoner was the biggest idiot in the game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Pmush sat alone contemplating. Tonight would be her night. This was a make it or break it moment.

She knew Jedit was going to die from the poison, and her target tonight was Yorkshire Tea.

She grabbed her knives and left. YT, as it turns out, was really easy to find. He was out in the bushes waiting for her, did he think she couldn't see him?

She set off pretending to go somewhere else and she could feel him there , tracking her. Suddenly she ducked into an alley and drew her knives. POredictably, he came around the corner and she struck. He went down easily.

She went home to get in a good night's sleep.

The next morning Flying Leatherman went to the town square to continue the discussions to see who would be launched today only to find Pmush already waiting. The heads of all her victim's neatly arranged before her.

It took a moment for it all to register.

"Y....you... it's you! I knew it!" he exclaimed.

She simply smiled and slowly started towards him, knives in hand.

Yorkshire Tea - Town Tracker was sliced 'n' diced on night 5!

Here is what his role pm looked like.

"You are "a painful pimple on the inside of your nose"

Town Aligned Tracker.

Each night you may target another player to track, you will see who they visit that night.
You may not visit the same target twice in a row.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated."

Jedit - Town aligned Backup Doctor puked his guts up....literally on night 5!

Here is what his role pm looked like.

"You are "a vacuum cleaner"

Town aligned Backup Doctor

When any doctor dies your role changes to

"Town aligned Doctor

Each night you may choose a target player, that player will be protected from all kills for that night.
You may not target yourself, and you may not target the same person twice in a row."

Pmush Perfect Self Aligned Serial Killer has won!

Here is what her role pm looked like.

"You are "rubbing your eye and forgetting you diced up a bunch of jalapenos earlier."

3p Serial Killer - 1 shot firefighter

You are a serial killer and win when you are the only player alive.

Each night you may choose to kill another player.

You have one shot of passive firefighter, if you are ever targeted with a "douse" action you will ignore the first one."

Flying Leatherman - Town Vanilla was endgamed on night 5!

his role pm looked like this.

"You are "well-done steak"

Town aligned Vanilla.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Never letting "too scummy to be scum" go again. FFS :negative:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Observer doc = https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19hICSwgwG0x_C9kOp5SFpUmeBav7Q9-jOWfCAcvFa_Q/edit#gid=0

I had an idea to run an SK only no scum team game so this was the attempt at it.

I feel like it went well. I don't feel like the killers were overpowered because of the system in place to alert the docs of an issue

(The telling poisoned people they felt sick/doused people they smelled something strange)

and the fact that docs could stop any kill the night they protected someone, even ignites and poisons.

I thought TM might win for a while but pmush pulled it out in the end.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

First SK win! :toot:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMush Perfect posted:

First SK win! :toot:

I can't believe you killed the new player N1!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yay.

I really didn't think I had a chance of winning near the end. It was obvious that YT, Jedit was town and I really doubt I would be able to persuade YT/Flying Leatherman from lynching me at the end so I was like "gently caress it as long 3p wins, idc" and commited suicide.

I guess I have to keep playing CapPig games until I win :(

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
HEY FUCKERS

I never said I didn't want to play, or that I was giving up.

peramene posted:

Cool.

As obnoxiously breadcrumbed yesterday, I am third party but prefer to be town-aligned. As not-completely-breadcrumbed-but-I-was-working-on-it, I'm a bounty hunter. I win by securing the deaths of third party killers and then there's a list of five total 3p killing roles.

Arsonist, Assassin, Ninja, Poisoner, and Serial Killer.

I don't want to come out and say "these five assholes are here; from the PM and flavor of "somebody blocking the aisle at a supermarket," it seems to me far more likely that only some of these powers are here and I'm trying to identify which and what and who they've been used on. My PM doesn't explicitly state I have to win with town but that I can, and obviously that's much easier.

I was being cagey to try to draw out information to use to this end.

I was saying that if there were potentially five killing roles in this game that our actions didn't ultimately matter as they'd be a bigger threat to each other than we'd ever be to them.

Seriously. Hal, Retro, and Yorkshire were all not voting at the end of the day two no-lynch and yet it was my name getting dragged through the mud. It was hugely frustrating. I realize some of that was just scum TM being an rear end in a top hat but it drove me crazy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sorry, I was scumming it up. :(

At the end, I was the one who gave up so lol.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

I was saying that if there were potentially five killing roles in this game that our actions didn't ultimately matter as they'd be a bigger threat to each other than we'd ever be to them.

*cough*

there were three killing roles in this game which is exactly what I was actually claiming so o o o

brilliantly loving played, pmush - literally even as I tried to hint there was a serial killer out there too it never once occurred to me that there actually could be and that it could be you - I briefly considered that maybe you were scum but MAN that did not feel like a scumshroom game. literally had them confessing to being poisoned just so you could plan who to stab next. brilliant goddamn gorgeous motherfucker.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

chaoslord posted:

I can't believe you killed the new player N1!
That was completely my bad. I totally forgot he was new until I got called out on it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I tried to tell you it was PMush!

Good job mushroom you deserved it!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I didn't think you were giving up somber!

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

PMush Perfect posted:

That was completely my bad. I totally forgot he was new until I got called out on it.

Was there any reason you picked me or was it just random?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Was there any reason you picked me or was it just random?
You were the only one who suspected me as being scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

Sorry, I was scumming it up. :(

At the end, I was the one who gave up so lol.

naw you played your part perfectly. if you hadn't been painted into a corner i think you could have taken it. probably the strongest performance overall imo.

also jam/hog sorry! i felt like once that train was in motion it was out of my hands. jam your play just seemed wildly different from what i remember, but now that i think about it, the game i'm remembering(Fables) is like five years old now.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I made a lot of misreads this game, oh well, that's fairly typical play from me tbqh. Good game, right down to the wire!

TM I definitely think you played p solid. D2 I felt like you and I were on the same page and I didn't suspect you at all of being scum until pressure started ramping up and you didn't have any alternatives left.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

You were the only one who suspected me as being scummy.

if the brand new player is also your biggest threat like. . .

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

He's good, I hope he keeps playing.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I had fun, at no point was I actually upset or anything.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Meh, another game I had solved for a town win, but lost because I happened to be afk at a critical moment.

Ah well.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Meh, another game I had solved for a town win, but lost because I happened to be afk at a critical moment.

Ah well.

:crossarms: you did have several chances before and after that moment to catch one of three killers in this game. tracking nazgul was wild.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Somberbrero posted:

:crossarms: you did have several chances before and after that moment to catch one of three killers in this game. tracking nazgul was wild.

N1 was random. N2 was good because it confirmed a town. N3 I was just confused and N4 solved the game.

Probably could have done better but RN N3 was because the entire D3 discussion had been polarised by pera and I had no idea what was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Yorkshire Tea posted:

the entire D3 discussion had been polarized by pera and I had no idea what was going on.

8)

• Locked thread