Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I decided to make a stonescar deck with 4 maidens and 4 stewards to hate on the revenge going around, and 2 of that new guy with spark to hate on lifegain. So far mono 4-drop stonescar is undefeated. I mean, it's got a lot of the standard stonescar stuff on the curve, which is still good, but so many decks are getting wrecked by the 4-drop slot right now it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I'll echo the comments about draft being feast or famine right now. It's real easy to stumble into multi-color junk and high quality two-color drafts just maul everything else. The format did slow down(which was intended I assume) but high quality rares swing games even harder than before imo. I'll have to play more games but right now I'm not too happy with the format

Shoutout to sandstorm though. It's maybe the best draft combat trick so far

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is there a list anywhere of which legendaries/rares are safe to disenchant right now? Also, what's the best value for diamonds? Got $10 worth of them (I already completed Jekk's Bounty).
I kinda want to transition my Rakano Warcry deck into a Plate deck and all I'm missing are rares and legendaries (the nominal Plate).

Basically, here's what I have:

Scourge of Frosthome
Plated Demolisher
Icaria the Liberator
Whispers in the Void
The Last Word
Call the Ancients
Cirso
Aid of the Hooru

Azran fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 18, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Cirso and Icaria are pretty good, everything else is tempting but clunky.

E: Anyone have a list of the new achievements? I got one for playing knucklebones as the last card in my hand

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
New hotfix patch, https://www.eternalcardgame.com/forum/discussion/37805/patch-1-22-2-hotfix-notes. Echo+revenge nerfed, gauntlet and forge difficulty lowered.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Lost my fifth gauntlet in a row (last one was post-difficulty patch). The unranked gauntlet deck I played against was a perfect combrei netdeck with ironthorns, carnosaurs, scorpion wasps, etc. What the gently caress is wrong with these devs?

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
It may be that I'm just getting lucky but this simple deck has been doing really well for me. I just wanted to try and make Wandering Wisp good, and Timekeeper seemed like a good fit. Drops turn 2 sand warriors pretty frequently, can have wisp active by turn 3, and Timekeepers get ridiculously huge. Battle-Tested Stranger is a ridiculous bomb as well.

Time Strangers
4 Sand Warrior (Set1 #64)
4 Wandering Wisp (Set2 #38)
4 Combrei Stranger (Set1 #410)
4 Elysian Stranger (Set1 #412)
4 Praxis Stranger (Set2 #248)
4 Temple Scribe (Set1 #502)
4 Xenan Stranger (Set2 #251)
4 Determined Stranger (Set1 #92)
2 Scorpion Wasp (Set1 #96)
4 Ancient Lore (Set1 #105)
4 Sandstorm Titan (Set1 #99)
4 Timekeeper (Set0 #14)
4 Battle-Tested Stranger (Set2 #58)
25 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)

edit: there's also an achievement for a 25/25 or larger wisp.

Shovelmint fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 18, 2017

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Knucklebone-based decks are surprisingly good, that card can win almost any game that goes long. Again, folds to aggro that just slams men down asap.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Yetis are fun again, Wump it up bitches. Here's my totally unpolished list that seems to work okay so far:

4 Snowcrust Yeti (Set2 #105)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Yeti Spy (Set1 #191)
2 Champion of Fury (Set2 #187)
4 Yeti Snowchucker (Set2 #113)
4 Yeti Snowslinger (Set1 #203)
4 Flash Freeze (Set1 #209)
4 Icebreaker (Set1 #216)
4 Wump, Party Starter (Set1 #511)
4 Jarrall's Frostkin (Set1 #220)
4 Yeti Troublemaker (Set1 #222)
4 Crystallize (Set1 #232)
4 Scouting Party (Set1 #488)
6 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
13 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
4 Seat of Fury (Set0 #53)
4 Skycrag Banner (Set2 #186)

It's actually 77 cards currently because why not. I'd also put two more of the Skycrag yeti champion in if I had them. Not sure what to cut but I basically added every yeti but the spark one and then added Frostkin for stun attached to a body, though Permafrost was a consideration but this is more aggressive so I wanted the body. Plus attachment hate is a thing that screws Permafrost but not Frostkin.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Edly posted:

New hotfix patch, https://www.eternalcardgame.com/forum/discussion/37805/patch-1-22-2-hotfix-notes. Echo+revenge nerfed, gauntlet and forge difficulty lowered.

drat, Revenge nerfed completely, it doesn't reset if the card enters the graveyard and is brought back by Dark Return. I was thinking about Piercing Grief for Haunting Scream decks but now i'm not so sure it's worth swapping out anything.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

lazerwolf posted:

drat, Revenge nerfed completely, it doesn't reset if the card enters the graveyard and is brought back by Dark Return.
It never did.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Piercing Grief is awesome with Dark Return, it triggers Destiny so you get to draw an extra card.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Time Strangers

1 Infinite Hourglass (Set1 #67)
1 Scorpion Wasp (Set1 #96)
4 Timekeeper (Set0 #14)
25 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)

Well, this is a Master deck now, took it all the way up through diamond today, pretty smoothly except for when I dropped from 92/100 in Diamond 1 to 0/100 before streaking back to master. It's surprisingly powerful and consistent, and when things line up can be excessively gross.
Want to field 15 power on turn 2? This deck can do that. Want to have 6/6 wisps swinging in on turn 4 with buddies? And they get bigger fast. Want to cast ancient lore on turn 4, get ahead in cards and still play a 4/4? This deck can do all those things and more, while also just presenting pretty reasonable aggro and defensive game. It still needs some tuning, but it is way way better than I was expecting when I put it together. I'm not happy with the scribes on curve, basically ever, but I can't think of anything worth replacing them with. And when I do cast the scribes it tends to draw me into the things I'd rather be doing. It'd be pretty trivial to splash one other color, though, were I so inclined, as long as everything produces time. This deck can win with very little mana, and do pretty well when flooded, though it certainly excels when it gets early pressure. Early pressure is very easy, too, as if you have a Sand Warrior and one of your 16 two drop strangers, you field 5 power on turn 2. If you have 3 time sigils, a wisp and 2 strangers, your wisp triggers on the beginning of turn 4. Your timekeeper is bigger than titan on turn 4, and never stops growing. And even if you don't get the time payoff cards, you have the fierce 2-drop stranger, determined stranger, 2x 2-drop stranger, battle-tested stranger curve that also overwhelms quickly.

This deck is also pretty darn cheap out of the new set, needing only a bunch of commons and uncommons and of course the 4x wisp, but if you didn't want to make wisp this might not be the deck for you.

Shovelmint fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 18, 2017

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Edly posted:

Piercing Grief is awesome with Dark Return, it triggers Destiny so you get to draw an extra card.

That's why I was thinking of fitting it in to the Haunting Scream list. Flashback a 3/1 to gain 3 and draw another card seems good

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Shovelmint posted:

Time Strangers

4 Timekeeper (Set0 #14)
25 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)

Well, this is a Master deck now, took it all the way up through diamond today, pretty smoothly except for when I dropped from 92/100 in Diamond 1 to 0/100 before streaking back to master. It's surprisingly powerful and consistent, and when things line up can be excessively gross.
Want to field 15 power on turn 2? This deck can do that. Want to have 6/6 wisps swinging in on turn 4 with buddies? And they get bigger fast. Want to cast ancient lore on turn 4, get ahead in cards and still play a 4/4? This deck can do all those things and more, while also just presenting pretty reasonable aggro and defensive game. It still needs some tuning, but it is way way better than I was expecting when I put it together. I'm not happy with the scribes on curve, basically ever, but I can't think of anything worth replacing them with. And when I do cast the scribes it tends to draw me into the things I'd rather be doing. It'd be pretty trivial to splash one other color, though, were I so inclined, as long as everything produces time. This deck can win with very little mana, and do pretty well when flooded, though it certainly excels when it gets early pressure. Early pressure is very easy, too, as if you have a Sand Warrior and one of your 16 two drop strangers, you field 5 power on turn 2. If you have 3 time sigils, a wisp and 2 strangers, your wisp triggers on the beginning of turn 4. Your timekeeper is bigger than titan on turn 4, and never stops growing. And even if you don't get the time payoff cards, you have the fierce 2-drop stranger, determined stranger, 2x 2-drop stranger, battle-tested stranger curve that also overwhelms quickly.

This deck is also pretty darn cheap out of the new set, needing only a bunch of commons and uncommons and of course the 4x wisp, but if you didn't want to make wisp this might not be the deck for you.

This looks like totally my poo poo. Gonna try this out. Wanted a reason to craft those wisps and I've got 50k stones hanging around anyway so...

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Shovelmint posted:

Time Strangers

4 Timekeeper (Set0 #14)
25 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)

Want to field 15 power on turn 2? This deck can do that. Want to have 6/6 wisps swinging in on turn 4 with buddies? And they get bigger fast. Want to cast ancient lore on turn 4, get ahead in cards and still play a 4/4? This deck can do all those things and more, while also just presenting pretty reasonable aggro and defensive game.

Well, this looks interesting, maybe I'll give it a shot after I get the dust of the Wandering Wisps. That said, what do you mean by "field 15 power on turn 2" I'm not seeing what that means?

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Ok, so that's a really fringe draw, but you can go turn one wisp, turn two stranger and 4 Sand Warriors. 15 power on turn two. 5-6 is way more likely. 8-9 happens occasionally.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Shovelmint posted:

Ok, so that's a really fringe draw, but you can go turn one wisp, turn two stranger and 4 Sand Warriors. 15 power on turn two. 5-6 is way more likely. 8-9 happens occasionally.

Oh, I get it, 15 power worth of units. Okay, I was looking at that list thinking "how the hell does it magically get from 2-15 power in the pool". That makes much more sense than my dumbass thought process. thanks.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 18, 2017

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
That's my bad, I've got a lot of holdover vocabulary from magic, so it's mana, power and toughness for me, mentally, rather than power, swords and hearts.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
That Time Strangers deck is better with Amber Monuments. I'm pretty sure cutting one Scribe and one Battle-Tested for two more Scorpion Wasps is right, too. Or at least going down from 4 Battle-Tested. It's not the right amount to play at only 25 sigils.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i think id cut scorpion wasp the defensive tool the deck needs (if it needs any) is something to deal with quickdraw against rakano or izzet (fire/primal, can't remember name) since it wants to be the aggro in most other matchups

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Shovelmint posted:

Time Strangers

4 Timekeeper (Set0 #14)
25 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)

I just want to say I ran into basically this deck in Ranked and I got absolutely wrecked by turn 4 by a 15/15 or so Wisp. A++ 10/10 would totally play.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Tin Tim posted:

I'll echo the comments about draft being feast or famine right now. It's real easy to stumble into multi-color junk and high quality two-color drafts just maul everything else. The format did slow down(which was intended I assume) but high quality rares swing games even harder than before imo. I'll have to play more games but right now I'm not too happy with the format

Shoutout to sandstorm though. It's maybe the best draft combat trick so far

Yeah this is a really lousy draft format due to the way multicolour cards are split between sets. I'd hate to see them stick with this all the way until set 3 comes out.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Speaking of draft, i went 7-2 with this:

Having good removal goes a long way.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Finally made it to master after bouncing all around diamond 1 since the new set came out. I think I was one win away at least 10 times. It was a really long grind too since I started all the way back at bronze after not playing for a few months, but kept getting matched up against diamond and master players since I guess MMR doesn't decay that much.

Ended up getting there with good ol' Rakano Plate. Lesson learned: the deck lists on RNG Eternal are decent starting points, but nowhere near the best build of each deck. For example, this Rakano Plate list is built like a Silverwing Familiar combo deck, when I'd rather just play Rakano Goodstuff. I took out all but one Familiar (since it is sometimes game-ending against burn decks, but usually terrible on its own) and the Crownwatch Cavalries and put in 3x Tranquil Scholar (which I then bumped to 4x because it's amazing) and 2x Finest Hour. I want to make room for another 1 or 2 Finest Hour, because it's often critical to protect a key unit from a burn spell.

Here's the list I have now:

2 Finest Hour (Set1 #130)
4 Oni Ronin (Set1 #13)
2 Pyroknight (Set1 #16)
3 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Champion of Glory (Set1 #314)
4 Rakano Outlaw (Set1 #20)
4 Tinker Overseer (Set1 #138)
4 Tranquil Scholar (Set2 #76)
3 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
3 Shogun's Scepter (Set1 #26)
1 Silverwing Familiar (Set1 #152)
4 Valkyrie Enforcer (Set1 #151)
4 Hammer of Might (Set1 #170)
2 Deepforged Plate (Set1 #317)
1 Soulfire Drake (Set1 #47)
7 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
5 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
2 Emerald Monument (Set1 #422)
4 Rakano Banner (Set1 #427)
4 Seat of Glory (Set0 #56)
4 Diplomatic Seal (Set1 #425)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Whoever said to play Stonescar mid, that was good tip.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Some guy on reddit was running a FTP Overwhelm deck and I realised that was a better idea than the combrei/praxis white whale I've been chasing

quote:

4 Initiate of the Sands (Set1 #74)
4 Pyroknight (Set1 #16)
3 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Champion of Fury (Set2 #187)
2 Find the Way (Set1 #513)
4 Dawnwalker (Set1 #86)
4 False Prince (Set1 #356)
2 Purify (Set2 #176)
4 Shepherd's Horn (Set2 #49)
3 Jotun Cyclops (Set2 #122)
2 Cirso, the Great Glutton (Set1 #362)
4 Shatterglass Mage (Set2 #181)
3 Divining Rod (Set1 #109)
2 Sandglass Sentinel (Set2 #184)
3 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
5 Time Sigil (Set1 #63)
2 Primal Sigil (Set1 #187)
4 Seat of Impulse (Set0 #54)
4 Seat of Wisdom (Set0 #63)
4 Seat of Fury (Set0 #53)
4 Diplomatic Seal (Set1 #425)

Just plays like a midrange deck, get some heavy guys out early on then push through tokens or race control (or not). Still poking it a bit. The ramp stuff is mostly gone, I can't really squeeze in the obelisks, and I'm not sure about the influence base. Any suggestions?

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

bamhand posted:

Whoever said to play Stonescar mid, that was good tip.
Do you have a good list? I have one that's my changed from a March list (on RNG) but the meta has changed a lot since I played Stonescar.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Some guy on reddit was running a FTP Overwhelm deck and I realised that was a better idea than the combrei/praxis white whale I've been chasing

Just plays like a midrange deck, get some heavy guys out early on then push through tokens or race control (or not). Still poking it a bit. The ramp stuff is mostly gone, I can't really squeeze in the obelisks, and I'm not sure about the influence base. Any suggestions?

What do the Shepherd's Horns do? It looks like they just ramp you into Cirso and Shatterglass Mage a turn early, doesn't seem that great. I haven't played with them though so maybe the heal is really good.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

they heal you for three as well, which with dawnwalkers and all the overwhelm is quite a bit.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It also lets you dump your hand quickly, which can be useful with the high influence requirements. I've tried some bigger stuff like Talir but it's a bit greedy.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

standard.deviant posted:

Do you have a good list? I have one that's my changed from a March list (on RNG) but the meta has changed a lot since I played Stonescar.

I think that's roughly what I'm using. I can post the list tomorrow.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I've seen people play the 1-drop life force guy with overwhelm in the shepherd's horn decks, too. It goes off pretty hard when there gets to be multiple horns or dawnwalkers.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Isn't Diego pretty much tailor-made for that kind of deck

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I don't have him, unfortunately, and he'd just get discarded by divining rod. If you've got him chuck out the jotuns or something.

E: soulfire drake would do a pretty similar thing, might play around with it.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jul 20, 2017

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I won my first 2 games after starting back up and got my 10 win in a row cheevo. Guess I went out strong a few months ago.

Oh yeah still playing burn queen come at me bro.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

standard.deviant posted:

2 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
2 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
2 Suffocate (Set1 #251)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
3 Annihilate (Set1 #269)
4 Argenport Instigator (Set1 #268)
4 Quarry (Set1001 #15)
4 Vara's Favor (Set0 #35)
4 Champion of Chaos (Set1 #402)
3 Deathstrike (Set1 #290)
1 Furnace Mage (Set1 #40)
4 Statuary Maiden (Set1 #387)
4 Steward of the Past (Set1 #287)
2 Subvert (Set1 #289)
4 Umbren Reaper (Set1 #299)
2 Stonescar Maul (Set1 #52)
1 Vara, Fate-Touched (Set1 #307)
7 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
8 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Seat of Chaos (Set0 #60)
4 Stonescar Banner (Set1 #419)
2 Diplomatic Seal (Set1 #425)

Here is my list, the Vara and Furnace mage used to be that 6/6 lifesteal deal 2 damage to your own guys thing but I never really liked it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Any new infiltration decks? I imagine that 3/4 flyer that resurrects 2 cost units would slot in nicely.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

not an infultration deck, but here is a really fun argent port deck i've been messing with. the original list is from reddit, but it was running stuff like oathbook and tinker apprentance. it has a ton of life gain and plays a lot like a weird burn deck that closes out with makto. xenan cultist plus griefs get gross fast.

4 Dark Return (Set1 #250)
4 Inspire (Set1 #129)
2 Sabotage (Set1 #252)
2 Suffocate (Set1 #251)
4 Piercing Grief (Set2 #143)
2 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
2 Copperhall Bailiff (Set1001 #5)
4 Extract (Set2 #155)
4 Slay (Set2 #236)
4 Valkyrie Enforcer (Set1 #151)
4 Xenan Cultist (Set1 #516)
4 Steward of the Past (Set1 #287)
4 Stonepowder Alchemist (Set2 #239)
3 Harsh Rule (Set1 #172)
3 Inquisitor Makto (Set2 #242)
8 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
9 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
4 Argenport Banner (Set2 #231)
4 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'm new to the game and have some questions, because some interactions seem super unintuitive.

1. I used grenade on a unit with aegis to remove the aegis, sacking my Venomspine Hydra to wipe his board. The unit survived, and I have no idea why since aegis since it blocks one spell or effect. Like it literally cost me the game so I'm a bit peeved by it.
2. I cast treachery and the following turn the AI played two units (and no, it was not a topdeck echo and no other cards were played). Why didn't I get to discard a unit from its hand?
3. I used Dark Return on a Ravenous Thornbeast, and its summon effect did not go off. In fact I think it just went straight to the board without me casting it or spending power. How SHOULD this work?
4. Now I think I have a grasp on how stun works: it prevents the next two attacks or blocks, regardless if the opposing player attacks. So stunning a unit that can't block before attacking would effectively be a waste of stun, yes?