Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Reviewers are savaging the app. Has anyone said it's crapp yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Reviewers are savaging the app. Has anyone said it's crapp yet?

I've heard a lot of reviewers and videos that kind of politely go "eh, when it works, it works ok, but it's really *haha* ridiculous can you believe it?"

No one (that I have seen/read) has been appropriately harsh on it... yet.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
The app is Perfect for the SWITCH

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Drunk Tomato posted:

The app is Perfect for the SWITCH

The app would be perfect if it was on Switch.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

People are still in disbelief over Nintendo delivering such a bad product.

I mean the Switch. The app is working as intended.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

The app would be perfect if it was on Switch.

On phone? poo poo. On Switch? Perrrfect.

Splatoon when?

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

You (dumb): but we MUST debate this issue

Me (smart): *continues to never voice chat*

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Mongoose posted:

Splatoon when?

stop asking this poo poo, it's not loving coming

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

Bottom inside lip of the joycon has terminal connections that connect when clicked in place on the system. Thats not just for charging.

That's what I thought but I remember some early tests saying "No they're still connected wirelessly even when strapped to the system" and I never really cared enough to check

I have no idea how these things work it's like magic. Does plugging them into that weird controller dock do anything? Do they draw extra battery power if on the screen vs off it in tablet mode? Is the only way to charge them to dock the system then plug them into the system?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Not for local multiplayer, which is what my family uses Tetris for. Not unless I want to get 3 more sets of joycons, which, no, I cannot do that, and playing online is... ehhh.

We keep the N64 at my parents' house for The New Tetris and Dr. Mario 64. I think as long as that beast keeps working that's going to be our main Tetris machine, and I'm OK with that because New Tetris has still never been topped.
Master the single joycon modes :v:

(...not that they're ideal or anything either. I've settled for one hand mode with my right hand on top to press the rotate button, and I vaguely recall one of the other modes being like graphing calculator Tetris with dpad/rotate on the right)

Or there's other options like the 8bitdo stuff or wired controllers of some sort.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I have no idea how these things work it's like magic. Does plugging them into that weird controller dock do anything? Do they draw extra battery power if on the screen vs off it in tablet mode? Is the only way to charge them to dock the system then plug them into the system?
The ways to charge are connected to the system (not sure if the system being plugged in or docked is required), or the charging joycon grip while connected to a charger, or one of the joycon charging dock things.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/FourScore64/status/887716948448083970

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

^amazing

I like that stuff can be bought on the app and the map rotation is shown at least :shrug:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Do any games have second screen features on ps4 and xbone companion apps anymore?

I remember using it in PvZ GW a couple of times, but don't remember any games mentioning them lately.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Quest For Glory II posted:

also it's weird that the Switch doesn't have a microphone in it when the Wii U had it, the 3DS had it, the DS had it

of course, those platforms all had it so that you could blow into it to make a thing happen in a game, but you'd think Nintendo wouldn't be able to resist doing it again. blow into it to make the platforms rise for mario to jump on!!

hell, how are you supposed to yell objection if Phoenix Wright ever comes to Switch?!
With the Nintendo Switch Online Phoenix Wright app, obviously.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did anything good come out in the eShop today?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Did anything good come out in the eShop today?
A NeoGeo fighting game, probably.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

A NeoGeo fighting game, probably.
It's Samurai Showdown.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Fate/Extella is out tomorrow :v:

Probably won't really know until later what's dropping. There's not much info on either NOE's or NOA's site about this week's releases. Of course, with Spla2n they maybe didn't want to put much out this week. The only other Switch game is some Match 3 puzzle game: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/boost-beast-switch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Extella is cool but I already played it to death on PS4.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Is Extella just a Musou with Sexy Anime Babes?

(I just watched the trailer and there do seem to be Sexy Anime Dudes in it too)

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Just finished Plague Knight. I forgot how great Yacht Club are. Is Spectre Knight as good?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Dugong posted:

Just finished Plague Knight. I forgot how great Yacht Club are. Is Spectre Knight as good?

Very. Great platforming and abilities. I think I like it the most out of the 3 so far. Real nice story too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

irlZaphod posted:

Pretty much, it puts its own spin on a few things but yeah

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
My Switch Splatoon bundle was just delivered to my house, time to spend my whole work day anxiously waiting to mess with it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, just a reminder that Target and Big W both have Splatoon 2 for $64AU.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That match 3 game is by ArcSys 🤔

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The bad things I've noticed of the app are it's a battery hog and the screen never shuts off mid voice, and you can't look at say, your texts or whatever between matches and still talk.

The voip sound quality is fine, the instant room making and switching works well, and the extra features are nice fluff. It's also nice way to talk to strangers after playing with them.

Hopefully by the time this is a paid service, the prior issues are fixed.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Nerf kid cobra that grab shouldnt do loving 170

Bollocks character

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Anidav posted:

Nerf kid cobra that grab shouldnt do loving 170

Bollocks character

The already nerfed him by taking his stage off ranked

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Oh Cave Story+ is out in Europe today also apparently.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm more Care Mad about salmon run only being available online at certain times than the app

Unless they change the schedule that they posted previously, it's like 24 hours every other day. It's not that limited.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

No, you're thinking of Hyrule Warriors.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

so being real is this going to be another Wii U with like 1 or 2 games worth a poo poo per year. its already gathering its first inch of dust

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

StabMasterArson posted:

so being real is this going to be another Wii U with like 1 or 2 games worth a poo poo per year. its already gathering its first inch of dust

Nah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All Musous have SAB (Sexy Anime Babes)

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

StabMasterArson posted:

Welcome to Nintendo in general really.
In their defense though, the 1 or 2 games are usually really good. You'll want to treat their hardware and offerings as supplemental and get your main gaming fix elsewhere.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jul 20, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

StabMasterArson posted:

Every month this year since the Switch released has at least one major quality title launching in it. They're all listed in the OP.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PS4 didn't have any games for 18 months so by my estimation Nintendo is winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

StabMasterArson posted:

I mean, that's kind of subjective to what you consider "worth a poo poo".

So far we've had Zelda, Mario Kart, ARMS, Disgaea 5, and Splatoon 2. ARMS I only skipped because it had such close proximity to Splatoon, and Disgaea 5 I'm holding off on until I have time for a JRPG. It might get overshadowed by Xenoblade or something, depending on timing. Later this year, we're getting Mario, and probably some other stuff.

That's not even touching the indie games, although I wish there was a more concrete release schedule for those. Mr. Shifty is a good Hotline Miami stand-in with a fun gimmick, Shakedown Hawaii looks like basically all the best parts of 2D GTA games in an art style that I love, Stardew When, and so on.

There's also been kind of strong implication from Platinum that they'll be porting Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, and Wonderful 101 forward. Which like, those are ports, but they're great games especially for people who skipped Wii U.

• Locked thread