Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Damnit game you can't just give me a taste of some gears and leave me hanging like that.

EMIYA needs his ascension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Thuryl posted:

Kinda. You can only play on a single device at any one time, but you can use a code to transfer your account between devices. It'd be a bit of a pain to have to do that on a regular basis, though.

It's also possible via multiaccount stuff but not everything works. What's worked for me is multiple profiles on Google Android devices (A Nexus 7 2013 specifically) but apparently not a lot of devices have that enabled anymore for a bunch of reasons. There's also apps that do it but DW's been messing around in the JPN version and not everything works. Android profiles work specifically because you're installing a second instance of the game in the second profile's partition.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
so which xtella card are people picking, I'm torn between Bad Civilization and Fox Mom

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I really dislike Altera's design, but I think her CE illustration is the only one other than Nero's that doesn't look really off. I'll probably still pick Nero's, but it's a toss-up between the two of them.

Thuryl posted:

Kinda. You can only play on a single device at any one time, but you can use a code to transfer your account between devices. It'd be a bit of a pain to have to do that on a regular basis, though.

That sucks. Was hoping to just be able to pick it up on whichever device is more convenient at the time, but if it means issuing codes every session I guess I'll just keep it on my tablet. Thanks for clarifying!

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Sophism posted:

I really dislike Altera's design, but I think her CE illustration is the only one other than Nero's that doesn't look really off. I'll probably still pick Nero's, but it's a toss-up between the two of them.

As a whole I'd say Karna's looks the best by far. Nero's is a good picture of whatever the heck that outfit is, at least?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Tempted to pick either Gilgamesh (so I can say I pulled Gil) or Altera (because gacha is bad civilization).

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I've found most of the music in this game pretty forgettable thus far but this outfit quest track is extremely my jam.
Yeah, my second question was gonna be what they do since the shop doesn't tell you, but it sounds like they're pure collection fodder.

As a general rule, yes, the promotional CEs are all generally trash that's just there for commemoration, simply enough. Can't think of any that are super worth it, though the Extella one isn't bad. You'll occasionally get some pretty nice artworks out of them, though.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

NRVNQSR posted:

As a whole I'd say Karna's looks the best by far. Nero's is a good picture of whatever the heck that outfit is, at least?

Nero and Tamamo are wearing their temp power-up outfits from Extella.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got Squirtoria and Caster Marie from the summer rerun and I feel the game is taunting me because I wanted Ruler Martha.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kata-Haro posted:

Damnit game you can't just give me a taste of some gears and leave me hanging like that.

EMIYA needs his ascension.

Kojirou can reach his third Ascension now though.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I've found most of the music in this game pretty forgettable thus far but this outfit quest track is extremely my jam.
Yeah, my second question was gonna be what they do since the shop doesn't tell you, but it sounds like they're pure collection fodder.

They help you grind your new, useless, outfit!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Finally have all of the free quests done, figured I might as well go finish that and my remaining interludes while 1/2 AP is gone. Then back to prism grinding I guess, though I suppose I'll try to make it habit to run through Gaul a few times a day to get Herc's second ascension.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
When does Nero-fest start?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Oh hey, they implemented the monthly shop now. You've got 11 days to clear out whatever you want from there before the refresh.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Kojirou can reach his third Ascension now though.

Yea seriously

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sophism posted:

That sucks. Was hoping to just be able to pick it up on whichever device is more convenient at the time, but if it means issuing codes every session I guess I'll just keep it on my tablet. Thanks for clarifying!

Alteras design is bad in game but you come to appreciate it in learning with manga because she's apparently some sort of forward swept wing civilization destroying weapon.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

When does Nero-fest start?

Probably in a week when the current event ends

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's been mentioned a few times that prisms will sometimes be available to be purchased in the shop, but what do you pay for them when that is the case? Quartz?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Event items.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

who would buy mana prisms with quartz

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Silly rabbit, Quartzs are for rolls!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
loving archer is a four star while Nero and Tamamo is five stars. Sexism.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

loving archer is a four star while Nero and Tamamo is five stars. Sexism.

Nero is also a four star, though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hahaha, 1/2 APs are over. Now I get to endlessly farm Germania for Chaos Claws!

Hahahahahahaaaaa

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

NRVNQSR posted:

What? Whew, sexism destroyed.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I was originally planning on getting the Altera CE because, well, I have Altera. Then I realized that having the foxy lady CE could be a catalyst. down the road.The Karna one could be to, but I like Tamamo too much for that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Can someone suggest what I should spend my time doing until new content opens up? I think I'm doing pretty well, honestly, but I'm sure there's somewhere I could be farming for Ascension items for the people I have available that I'm just unaware of. Here's the important half of my roster for reference:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Can't go wrong with grinding money.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
2 days earlier I was bemoaning my utter inability to get Hans.

Today I have him at NP4.

Game is funny.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Can someone suggest what I should spend my time doing until new content opens up? I think I'm doing pretty well, honestly, but I'm sure there's somewhere I could be farming for Ascension items for the people I have available that I'm just unaware of. Here's the important half of my roster for reference:

Now that the half AP dailies are finished I've just been finishing off Free Quests and ascending my 1* and 2*s to do their interludes. Makes a nice change from grinding mindlessly and it gives a nice trickle of quartz.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Pureauthor posted:

2 days earlier I was bemoaning my utter inability to get Hans.

Today I have him at NP4.

Game is funny.

Please share some of that luck so I can get Medea. I've been 10 rolling the FP gacha at least 3 times a day since the game started and I haven't seen her lol.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Please share some of that luck so I can get Medea. I've been 10 rolling the FP gacha at least 3 times a day since the game started and I haven't seen her lol.
The last 3* Servant I got in the FP gacha was Medea about 4 days into the game's launch. I haven't seen a 3* servant in the FP gacha since then.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

who would buy mana prisms with quartz

da vinci buys mana prisms with uh, summon tickets! thats like 3 quartz

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

da vinci doesnt actually need the mana prisms shes just making you run on a treadmill for your five saber gilles a month because it amuses her

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Anybody know a cheap tablet that can run F/GO without being a laggy, crashing, pile of garbage like my phone?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Gologle posted:

Anybody know a cheap tablet that can run F/GO without being a laggy, crashing, pile of garbage like my phone?

Did some research and it appears the game really needs 2 GB of ram. That alone eliminates most cheap tablets.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

If only 400$ were laying around

Nate RFB posted:

The last 3* Servant I got in the FP gacha was Medea about 4 days into the game's launch. I haven't seen a 3* servant in the FP gacha since then.

I have most 3 star and lower servants almost at NP5 except for her and Cu who I can't seem to find, it's irritating!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

Nero seriously should be a 5* though. Oh wait she is and is in the game twice. We're fine.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

when you're desperately spending your 9 quartz left doing single pulls for a 4 star rate up and get the 5 star rate up instead...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Which servants should I ascend if I want that delicious FP points? I got no 5* :(