Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zeruel posted:

Just wondering, will this release at midnight of the 21st worldwide? So it'll unlock in about 12 hours for me living in Australia?

Yup, local midnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Kinda surprised that they don't have this up for preorder. Or is the switch eshop not able to do that?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zelder posted:

The super target near me was selling the digital codes out today so I'm now downloading splatoon 2

would an amazon digital version net me the same download or does amazon only distribute codes on the day of?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Kinda surprised that they don't have this up for preorder. Or is the switch eshop not able to do that?

Wii U's did at some point, Switch not yet

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yup, local midnight.

awwww man why on a work night

guess ill catch some z's early this evening so i can get a few hours in the morning before work

then an hour on the train

then pick up me amiibos

then ill hide in a conference room or something

i cant wait O_O

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Folks,

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I kinda hope they add more game modes in this. What else can they add? Squidunknown's Splattlegrounds?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I have a flight on Friday and I am stoked to play Splatoon on a plane :black101:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I wish this were coming out tomorrow instead. I now have a bunch of poo poo I have to do on Friday and am throwing a ridiculous internal adult tantrum about it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
wonder If I can go get it from my walmart lol

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So the voice chat in the online app sucks, apparently. Bummer.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So the voice chat in the online app sucks, apparently. Bummer.
I thought we were doing discord?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I thought we were doing discord?

Looks that way now, but I just don't like Discord. It seems like whenever we use it, both teams wind up in the same room.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

voice chat in overwatch has given me ptsd, give me squid warblings any day

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Gonna splat

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

gently caress. This is the only thing that would make me want the physical copy, early release.

Where is this?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
^^^^There's a Target credit card ad in that pic

Kinda wanna check if my target has it now but my game is already shipped

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lucky...

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
No big deal. it'll become available online in a day and then you'll have the game forever. 23 hours won't kill ya

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gimbal lock posted:

No big deal. it'll become available online in a day and then you'll have the game forever. 23 hours won't kill ya

it will if i take matters into my own hands

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just wanna play Splatoon 2. I wanna git gud again and defend chargers from all y'all relentless squidfits about them.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i have a job interview on friday but all i want to do is splatoon

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kaubocks posted:

Are you forgetting that the Switch is portable? :colbert:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Few things I've found out

1: You can cook the hockey pucks to give them a much shorter timer. This also reduces the ink cost to throw it
2: You can dodge with the jetpack by going into squid form and rocket back up by releasing the button. For some reason it never dawned on me to try it
3: Dodge rolling midair with the dualies lets you fast fall to the ground in a instant
4: Dodge rolling requires ink, I never quite noticed it before.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Woah! The fact you can cook the pucks makes them seem a lot better!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

2: You can dodge with the jetpack by going into squid form and rocket back up by releasing the button. For some reason it never dawned on me to try it
i was already in love with the jet pack but now i can't wait to try it more :stare:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Few things I've found out

1: You can cook the hockey pucks to give them a much shorter timer. This also reduces the ink cost to throw it

They're not hockey pucks. Curling stones is what they are.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh right, I'm dumb. They're even called Curling Bombs :doh:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Kaubocks posted:

it's gonna be so good

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Gimbal lock posted:

What if it does???

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mine just showed up in the post

Don't get cooked, stay off the hook.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Show your interviewer how fresh you are by handing them a joycon so you can splat together

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I can't believe Splatoon 2 got cancelled and now the rest of us have to hunt down and kill people with early copies to legally own it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Either 11 or 12 hours for me! (depending on if it releases midnight UK time or mainland Europe time) I cannot sit still or anything I'm just so pumped

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If we go by midnight EST isn't that like 4AM for us UK scrubs?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I can't play til 10am tomorrow because I bought mine from GameStop.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

If we go by midnight EST isn't that like 4AM for us UK scrubs?

I'm assuming it releases on midnight for each specific reason. Japanese players would be fuckin pissed to have to wait until midnight US time, no?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm assuming it releases on midnight for each specific reason. Japanese players would be fuckin pissed to have to wait until midnight US time, no?

Yeah, I'm almost certain it's by region. It's midnight EST because that's when the date rolls over first for the NA region. For everything else, including third-party titles, Nintendo operates in the Pacific time zone, because that's where their office is.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, I'm almost certain it's by region. It's midnight EST because that's when the date rolls over first for the NA region. For everything else, including third-party titles, Nintendo operates in the Pacific time zone, because that's where their office is.

EST is when it first hits the continental US, but not the NA region. Atlantic and Newfoundland time both effect fives of Canadians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Walmart hosed up and has Splatoon 2 for $10.30: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Splatoon...2&wl13=&veh=sem