Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

PS4 didn't have any games for 18 months so by my estimation Nintendo is winning.

There's also some pretty content-heavy titles in that lineup too, so even if Nintendo has to coast for a month or two after December it's not like you'll run out of poo poo to do in Breath of the Wild, Mario+Rabbids, Super Mario Odyssey, or Xenoblade Chronicles 2 anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Every month this year since the Switch released has at least one major quality title launching in it. They're all listed in the OP.

im not gonna buy street fighter 2 for $60 out of desperation

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

so being real is this going to be another Wii U with like 1 or 2 games worth a poo poo per year. its already gathering its first inch of dust

get some cleaning done

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

StabMasterArson posted:

so being real is this going to be another Wii U with like 1 or 2 games worth a poo poo per year. its already gathering its first inch of dust

Why do people keep saying this? Are you just not paying attention? There's going to be one big first party title every month for the rest of the year

The Switch is probably going to have one of the best first year libraries for a console ever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

StabMasterArson posted:

im not gonna buy street fighter 2 for $60 out of desperation

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Every month this year since the Switch released has had at least one major quality title launching in it*. They're all listed in the OP.

*And Street Fighter 2.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why do people keep saying this? Are you just not paying attention? There's going to be one big first party title every month for the rest of the year

The Switch is probably going to have one of the best first year libraries for a console ever.

how many if these arent ports and actually look interesting

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Next month is the only month that matters for the Switch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

StabMasterArson posted:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

but hey at least we can buy extra color joycons right

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

Zelda, Splatoon 2, Mario x Rabbids, Pokemon, and Mario Odyssey imo

Which alone, is an awesome launch year lineup

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

StabMasterArson posted:

Whether or not something looks interesting is a personal matter. As for the other thing, I think Pokken and Zelda came out on that Wii tablet controller thing, but nobody owned that, literally not a single person, so I don't think they count as ports.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

Anidav posted:

Nerf kid cobra that grab shouldnt do loving 170

Bollocks character

I'm never going to get past rank 10. Everyone now is Cobra or Ninjara. In either case, they spam triple-shooting arms and dodge around so much that they make it physically impossible to hit them. My internet connection is pretty good but it can't keep up, and I keep get roped into throws that, on my screen, missed me, while they dodge and teleport through punches that clearly hit them.

Not that it matters. The ARMS online population is going to plummet as soon as Splatoon drops.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Guy Goodbody posted:

Whether or not something looks interesting is a personal matter. As for the other thing, I think Pokken and Zelda came out on that Wii tablet controller thing, but nobody owned that, literally not a single person, so I don't think they count as ports.

Pokken also has expanded content from newer versions of the arcade game over in Japan. It's like the Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: The Ultra Suplex Hold, compared to Persona 4 Arena.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Conveniently that's also the 3rd party graph.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Splatoon 2 is a port

Switch has no games

Voice Chat

WAGGLE

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Switch is for babby

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I didn't own a Wii U so all these games are new to me. Sorry to those of you who hitched your fortunes to a dead console

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Please stop replying to the troll for the love of god.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I haven't turned my Switch on in weeks, but I guess I'm just a troll.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I didn't own a Wii U so all these games are new to me. Sorry to those of you who hitched your fortunes to a dead console

You missed out on game of the century Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and it's never coming to Switch

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

and it's never coming to Switch

dont say that

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is better than Persona 5, there I said it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There is precedent for making a side app for games now, they could put all of TMS#FE second screen stuff on your phone

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hashtag FE?

Guys I figured it out that means SHARP IRON

I am a genius no one ever figured this out before

irlZaphod posted:

TMS#FE is the real Persona 5. Persona 5 is the real Persona 6

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

So is Gonner good and fun?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

WHY NOT BOTH when

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Oh. My. Zeus. posted:

I'm never going to get past rank 10. Everyone now is Cobra or Ninjara. In either case, they spam triple-shooting arms and dodge around so much that they make it physically impossible to hit them. My internet connection is pretty good but it can't keep up, and I keep get roped into throws that, on my screen, missed me, while they dodge and teleport through punches that clearly hit them.

Not that it matters. The ARMS online population is going to plummet as soon as Splatoon drops.

I think the tier list is basically
Cobra
Ninjara
Ribbon Girl
Minmin
Max
Mechanica
Spring Man
Byte and Barq
Twintelle
Helix
Master Mummy

The top 3 are definitely correct IMHO. Nintendo's online gives dodge grab gameplay extreme priority. I know the game tells you that you can punch away grabs but online that is not the case at all. Maybe a patch will fix it or else the game will just die a quick death when it really shouldn't.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I only play mature games like a real adult. Enjoy your baby poo poo nintenbaby losers *logs into CoD/battlefield/Overwatch, games whose populations vastly skews to 15 years old and younger on consoles*

irlZaphod posted:

No WiiU game is more deserving of a port...:negative:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

That is fascinating. Just incredibly interesting posting. You should start your own thread where you just give precise updates on your power-button-pushes on all your devices and appliances. The goldmine is there for the taking.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I just assumed you were a rogue shitposting ai

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

You missed out on game of the century Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and it's never coming to Switch

yes it is. i'll make them port it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Sorry, red+black & acid jazz are superior to pastel & idol j-pop

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Today I pressed the button on my coffee maker and my microwave, 3 monitors in 2 different locations, and a desk lamp.

Also HOLY gently caress I should have taken tomorrow off. I'm gonna spend all day being hyped and fidgety about Splatoon 2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I feel like nobody responded to this man's very clever joke.

What he did here was a copy a post from a few months into the Wii U thread, added the "U" and pasted it here. It's very smart and he deserves credit for his joke.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I'm sorry, friend, it pains me to say it but it won't happen. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE deserved a better fate than to languish on a dead console nobody bought, but it's never coming to Switch.

:toxx:

e: also P5 is great

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm sorry, friend, it pains me to say it but it won't happen. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE deserved a better fate than to languish on a dead console nobody bought, but it's never coming to Switch.

:toxx:

e: also P5 is great

I BOUGHT IT, I'M A SOMEBODY

HEAR ME, ATLUS!!! or at least put this new blazblue on the switch. that'd be good, too.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

That is fascinating. Just incredibly interesting posting. You should start your own thread where you just give precise updates on your power-button-pushes on all your devices and appliances. The goldmine is there for the taking.

This doesn't add anything to the thread, please refrain from posting like this in the future.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

by this time next year, Switch will probably have a better overall lineup than the Wii U ever did so yeah it's not collecting dust any time soon

it may be collecting pokeymons tho

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sorry, red+black & acid jazz are superior to pastel & idol j-pop
Pastel & idol j-pop plus not having a micro-managing cat telling you to go to bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

• Locked thread