Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spellman
May 31, 2011

I beat Zelda in 0.5x power button presses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I also bought and enjoyed #FE, but then I sold my Wii U and all its games on SA Mart because I haven't touched it in months :unsmigghh:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

That is fascinating. Just incredibly interesting posting. You should start your own thread where you just give precise updates on your power-button-pushes on all your devices and appliances. The goldmine is there for the taking.

wii fitness log cabin

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm sorry, friend, it pains me to say it but it won't happen. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE deserved a better fate than to languish on a dead console nobody bought, but it's never coming to Switch.

:toxx:

e: also P5 is great

I have the feeling you'll regret this toxx, TMS seems like it has a great chance of coming to WiiU. Anything that came out in the last year and a half of the WiiU like Pokken and TMS was likely ignored; it'd be smart to plug in those lesser known games into the eshop of their new bestseller to bridge the gaps.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/888035794161508352

Hell yeah, I like me some One Piece

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I did enjoy that game, even if the combat in it was a little barebones. I'll prolly rent it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

deadly_pudding posted:

I also bought and enjoyed #FE, but then I sold my Wii U and all its games on SA Mart because I haven't touched it in months :unsmigghh:

I threw it in a closet alongside my PS3. Are digital games linked to the account on the Wii U? If I delete my account and give away the system are the digital games still there for someone to play

I might leave it at a friend's house to become a permanent Smash 4 machine

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why do people keep saying this? Are you just not paying attention? There's going to be one big first party title every month for the rest of the year

The Switch is probably going to have one of the best first year libraries for a console ever.

Wait what fire emblem heroes is November was this announced

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DLC Inc posted:

I have the feeling you'll regret this toxx, TMS seems like it has a great chance of coming to WiiU. Anything that came out in the last year and a half of the WiiU like Pokken and TMS was likely ignored; it'd be smart to plug in those lesser known games into the eshop of their new bestseller to bridge the gaps.

I hope you're right, I assure you the only future in which I regret that toxx is the one where I don't get banned for it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I played my Wii U yesterday.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WiiU still a good system for playing Xenoblade and Metroid games while relaxing on the couch

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I feel like nobody responded to this man's very clever joke.

What he did here was a copy a post from a few months into the Wii U thread, added the "U" and pasted it here. It's very smart and he deserves credit for his joke.

Did the Wii u have a lot of Wii ports? I own one but I can't remember

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

metroid prime

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Just saw that Nintendo has been found to of just trademarked the N64 controller design, which means the N64 classic is coming at some point soon.

The games list on that will be interesting due to the weird rights holder stuff with many of the most popular games.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Zelder posted:

Resident Evil 4, the New Play Control series of games, others

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Here's this week's drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Samurai Shodown | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Boost Beast | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)
Cave Story+ | PAL | £26.99 / €29.99 (eShop Only)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star | NA | PAL | $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (Retail Only) (July 25 NA / July 21 PAL)
Splatoon 2 | NA | PAL | $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (eShop / Retail) (July 21)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Here's this week's drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Samurai Shodown | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Boost Beast | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only)
Cave Story+ | PAL | £26.99 / €29.99 (eShop Only)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star | NA | PAL | $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (Retail Only) (July 25 NA / July 21 PAL)
Splatoon 2 | NA | PAL | $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (eShop / Retail) (July 21)

Anyone thinking about picking up this splatoon 2 game?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Zelder posted:

a.lo posted:

metroid prime

Spellman posted:

Resident Evil 4, the New Play Control series of games, others

I'm not sure if you're talking about the Wii Downloads for WiiU but those weren't ports.

Metroid Prime Trilogy was a Wii game, so was RE4 and the New Play Control games. All of them were playable on WiiU (provided you had Wii Remote/Nunchuk), but there were never any actual ports of them. The only actual port of a Wii game to WiiU was, like, Twilight Princess I'm pretty sure (and technically that was a GameCube port). Well, maybe some indie or 3rd party stuff was ported from Wii to WiiU.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I wish the Wii Fire Emblem game would be ported.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

GreenNight posted:

I wish the Wii Fire Emblem game would be ported.
FE: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn on Switch WHEN?!?!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

I'm not sure if you're talking about the Wii Downloads for WiiU but those weren't ports.

Metroid Prime Trilogy was a Wii game, so was RE4 and the New Play Control games. All of them were playable on WiiU (provided you had Wii Remote/Nunchuk), but there were never any actual ports of them. The only actual port of a Wii game to WiiU was, like, Twilight Princess I'm pretty sure (and technically that was a GameCube port). Well, maybe some indie or 3rd party stuff was ported from Wii to WiiU.

What's your definition of port?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

DLC Inc posted:

Atlus doesn't have time for that. They're busy with their 25th anniversary SMT game, Strange Journey Deep.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm looking forward to Strange Johnny Depp.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I haven't turned my Switch on in weeks, but I guess I'm just a troll.

I honestly haven't either, but I will be buying Spla2n tomorrow and can't wait. 150+ hours of Zelda burned me out, so I've just been playing rocket league a ton on xbox/PC. If that was out on Switch I would literally never put my switch down.

Spla2n for a month, Rabbids for a month, Odyssey forever, and then I will probably actually buy both Zelda DLC's at the same time and reboot that game sometime in the winter. The switch is good. Sorry about your Stardew, though :(

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Spellman posted:

Ideally, the control scheme would be updated so you don't need the old controller or other extra hardware? This would be like a "port" of a classic PC game requiring you to dig out and install your ancient 16-bit soundblaster from the 90s, or else it hard-locks your machine.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Spellman posted:

More effort than just sticking a disc image up on the eShop packaged inside a Wii-mode loader.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

Metroid Prime Trilogy was a Wii game, so was RE4 and the New Play Control games.

Spellman posted:

Nevermind, I just figured it out. What I was saying was RE:4 and the New Play Control series are ports of Gamecube games, on the Wii

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

deadly_pudding posted:

Ideally, the control scheme would be updated so you don't need the old controller or other extra hardware? This would be like a "port" of a classic PC game requiring you to dig out and install your ancient 16-bit soundblaster from the 90s, or else it hard-locks your machine.

C'mon dude this comparison is loving silly

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

raditts posted:

I regularly haul out my Soundblaster; how else am I supposed to play Hellbender???

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

raditts posted:

It's not, though? It's not a port if it can't run on the hardware, and that includes peripherals.

Is this a better comparison? A Mac version of a PC game that absolutely will not recognize that one-button mouse.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I don't think there's a single case where someone owns a Wii U but not a Wii. Like, purely mathematically that has to be impossible

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I owned a Wii U but never a Wii. The ex took the Wii U when she moved out. Now all I have is a Switch.

I also have a bunch of Wii U games. My 200 hour Xenoblade game was on that Wii U :mad:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

wuggles posted:

Fascinating! Is there any way to play on a big screen in a nice chair without lag?

There will always be a minimum of one frame with LCD; it's not really noticeable until you hit three or more with online games though. Only CRT is truly lag free.
What you can do is check if your TV is on the https://www.displaylag.com list, and try to optimize whatever game/PC settings are on your TV to reduce it. Rockband's manual lag test is a pretty good test to see how bad it is.
Personally, I just use a 32" monitor if I want to play online games.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 20, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Anidav posted:

I think the tier list is basically
Cobra
Ninjara
Ribbon Girl
Minmin
Max
Mechanica
Spring Man
Byte and Barq
Twintelle
Helix
Master Mummy

The top 3 are definitely correct IMHO. Nintendo's online gives dodge grab gameplay extreme priority. I know the game tells you that you can punch away grabs but online that is not the case at all. Maybe a patch will fix it or else the game will just die a quick death when it really shouldn't.

Not that I disagree with any of this, but the game was confirmed to be in EVO Japan so I imagine the game will probably live till that's over.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

GreenNight posted:

I owned a Wii U but never a Wii. The ex took the Wii U when she moved out. Now all I have is a Switch.

I also have a bunch of Wii U games. My 200 hour Xenoblade game was on that Wii U :mad:

That's weird, I just kind of assumed everyone has a Wii. Check your cabinets you may have one and not realize it

Spellman
May 31, 2011

One thing that is useful in the app

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't doxx yourself

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What is a squid? A miserable little pile of kid! But enough talk! Splat at you!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zelder posted:

I don't think there's a single case where someone owns a Wii U but not a Wii. Like, purely mathematically that has to be impossible

Me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

You can't preload Splatoon 2, can you? I want to download it but I need to go to bed well before midnight tonight and I'll be out all day tomorrow. I wanna get my Splat on as soon as I get home. If I can't pre-load it I'll have to start it downloading in the morning before I leave.

• Locked thread