Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaphod42 posted:

Its eb games you dummy, if it was a new release it would still lose 80% of its value.

If you really want to sell your games use ebay or something like leaptrade, EB is ripping you off and you should know that.

Man I haven't sold a game to EB since I was like 13. You gotta be super desperate.

You might maybe squeak out a decent trade if you have a Level 4 card in the Aussie membership system (you get an extra 20% trade value), but I've never bothered to trade anything so I have no idea what the base prices are like :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HellCopter posted:

Has anybody confirmed whether the Callie/Marie amiibo functionality is cool or not yet?

It's fresh as hell but we don't know what it is yet

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Frankston posted:

Ok, thanks. So it's worth buying whatever is available at the time?

I don't know if I'd go around buying out entire inventories early on but you should absolutely pick up whatever you think looks fresh and experiment with different main abilities.

As you level up stores will begin to stock more expensive gear that has more ability slots. You can always drop some super sea snails to get more slots on a lower-tier piece of gear, though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

HellCopter posted:

Has anybody confirmed whether the Callie/Marie amiibo functionality is cool or not yet?

No its either embargoed or it requires a day-1 patch or something so just wait till tonight :v: we've talked about this like 20 times just wait a day

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Its eb games you dummy, if it was a new release it would still lose 80% of its value.

If you really want to sell your games use ebay or something like leaptrade, EB is ripping you off and you should know that.

Man I haven't sold a game to EB since I was like 13. You gotta be super desperate.

Why do you post like a super snooty 13 year old

Zaphod42 posted:

No its either embargoed or it requires a day-1 patch or something so just wait till tonight :v: we've talked about this like 20 times just wait a day

Like seriously, why so rude

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! Who reads 40 pages of squid hype just to see if their questions are answered?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Did anyone confirm that if you beat single player that the note from Callie is still there? Which would indicate a day 1 patch.

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

I cannot wait to play 2017's Game of the Year, Splatoon 2 on the Nintendo Switch

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Suicidal Maniac posted:

I cannot wait to play 2017's Game of the Year,

Persona 5 on PS4
Breath of the Wild on Switch
Yakuza 0 on PS4
Yakuza Kiwami on PS4
Splatoon 2 on Switch
Horizon: Zero Dawn on PS4

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's been a hell of a year.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Zelder posted:

Just trying to emulate best squid, Pearl.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ironic, since in the screenshots we've seen, Pearl is the one that seems nice and sincere and Marina is the one dropping witty putdowns at every opportunity

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Watching Pearl in motion and MC makes her much more likable as character

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/887831551790206976

Also, anyone with an early copy of the game happen to have the Salmon Run schedule available?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

pichupal posted:

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/887831551790206976

Also, anyone with an early copy of the game happen to have the Salmon Run schedule available?

Pearl plays shooters like I play shooters

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/888099532222980099

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

how can you live without honor

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

pichupal posted:

Here, this is EU though.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Oh boy this is gonna be a good one. 8 and a half hours left

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Aerospray MG is loving rad and feels broken and I have a superfresh! rating with it whatever that means.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zelder posted:

Like seriously, why so rude

Is "hey don't waste your money at eb ya dummy" really so bad? I'm used to being told I'm a loving piece of poo poo on the regular on these here forums, or worse. I was just busting his chops while offering sound advise, I figured 'dummy' would come across as friendly ribbing. I really like leaptrade and while its a bit of a pain to get setup on ebay you make soooo much more money.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Frankston posted:

The Aerospray MG is loving rad and feels broken and I have a superfresh! rating with it whatever that means.

I mained Aerospray for a long, long time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

I mained Aerospray for a long, long time.

Its definitely my standby whenever I'm feeling uncertain.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I feel like Aerospray will remain my main. It's so good at covering turf and also not bad at splatting fools.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
.52 gal 4 lyfe

7 hours

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I hope the .52gal is an early unlock and as good as ever

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I hope the .52gal is an early unlock and as good as ever

.96 gal supremacy

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Not a Children posted:

.96 gal supremacy

This is correct. Don't know what I'll do without echolocator, though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is this game gonna hit the e-shop tonight or not till tomorrow?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Most of Ninty's big releases have been midnight east coast.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I main bucket. Bucket is OP

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Not a Children posted:

Most of Ninty's big releases have been midnight east coast.

Fuckin nice. Gonna splat some kids, and splat some squids after work.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I can't wait to be reunited with my true love, the slosher

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

How often are splatfests?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Frankston posted:

How often are splatfests?

in Splat1 it was around once a month. Sometimes there were 2 in a month but once there was none in a month, so roughly every 4 weeks but with some exceptions too.

We'll see if splat2 is the same but that felt like a good balance, often enough that its not too bad if you miss one, but rare enough they're exciting.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Overbite posted:

I main bucket. Bucket is OP

I am heavy weapon squid, and THIS

is my weapon

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I actually really liked the nozzlenoses, are they back?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

I actually really liked the nozzlenoses, are they back?

Pretty sure all weapons from S1 are back, just not supers. (And basically the supers are back just tweaked)

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"

Zaphod42 posted:

Is "hey don't waste your money at eb ya dummy" really so bad? I'm used to being told I'm a loving piece of poo poo on the regular on these here forums, or worse. I was just busting his chops while offering sound advise, I figured 'dummy' would come across as friendly ribbing. I really like leaptrade and while its a bit of a pain to get setup on ebay you make soooo much more money.

Effort vs value. After moving house and trying to sell furnature I perfer the drop off and get something avenue cause I'm lazy (c'mon I'm a goon here)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Debating if I want this digital or physical. I can see playing it for a long time, especially with the new content and splatfest stuff happening so often, but I don't have an SD card in my Switch yet so I don't know if it will even fit with the patches and updates all in there on top of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I got it physical but I also love Splatoon enough that I will rarely have reason to take it out anyway.