Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Which servants should I ascend if I want that delicious FP points? I got no 5* :(

I would guess the best 4* FP bait is Hercules - though I'm sure that's a crowded market - with Martha possibly a distant second to tempt QP farmers? Both probably want starting NP CEs.

edit: vvv This too.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Which servants should I ascend if I want that delicious FP points? I got no 5* :(
tamacat or lancelot with a starting NP CE, as an invitation to be a free 'delete an exp hand wave' button

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tired Moritz posted:

loving archer is a four star while Nero and Tamamo is five stars. Sexism.

"Archer is actually kind of a low-tier Servant" vs. "Archer is the strongest Servant imaginable" is a battle that has been raging since 2007, with no end in sight.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So how do you equip the new Mystic Code? I can't find the option.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So how do you equip the new Mystic Code? I can't find the option.

bottom left option in the party select screen

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

I would guess the best 4* FP bait is Hercules - though I'm sure that's a crowded market - with Martha possibly a distant second to tempt QP farmers? Both probably want starting NP CEs.

edit: vvv This too.
For what it's worth I at least try to cycle through all the 50/60 Hercs in my friend list, so even there are a bunch to pick from it's still probably not a bad idea to put him forth.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So is Euryale (the 3* archer) able to be pulled yet? It's annoying that she is the only blank space in my servant list (I got Kintoki as a random enemy in a daily quest).

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

You can't farm more. You get grails from story chapters and some events, and when you use one, it's gone. That's why you should always prioritize grailing your waifu/husbando

Or grailing your good Servants that have a reverse S growth curve, since they only start gaining serious stats at the end.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Grailed levels are not affected by a servant's growth curve, they're always linear.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BlazeEmblem posted:

So is Euryale (the 3* archer) able to be pulled yet? It's annoying that she is the only blank space in my servant list (I got Kintoki as a random enemy in a daily quest).

Apparently in the Japanese version, she wasn't made available until they added the Okeanos story.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
If you had to guess, when is the next new character summon going to be added? I've got 60 stones burning a hole in my pocket.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want horseshoes so I can grail Asterios.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
And I want Ocutpsomething Twin Crystals for Herc. Gaul feels like a scam, I don't know if I'm going to waste AP on that anymore.

Also I think the next (new) character rateup is Kintoki.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I wish this game gave me something other than berserker gems.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I want horseshoes so I can grail Asterios.

They drop in one, single spot in Okeanos. Good luck getting them when dailies rotate.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

when you keep getting 4 stars and they aren't the rate up hahahahaha....

blankd
Mar 26, 2010

Gologle posted:

Anybody know a cheap tablet that can run F/GO without being a laggy, crashing, pile of garbage like my phone?
If you're still looking, the ASUS ZenPad 8.0 runs F/GO fine and it's "cheap" for about $120~130.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Nerofest is starting the 25th.

The event CE looks baller for Heracles

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Time to test my whaling luck on getting the Emperor of Roses.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Schubalts posted:

They drop in one, single spot in Okeanos. Good luck getting them when dailies rotate.

I'll do it!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

DrManiac posted:

Nerofest is starting the 25th.

The event CE looks baller for Heracles
Really? Feels like a waste when you could have a Buster Card or NP boosting CE on him. E: Assuming this is Nightless Rose we are talking about.

The event does appear to be a great way to get some of those nasty ascension materials that everyone is tearing their hair out for (though not the Octuplet Twin Crystals :( ).

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Really? Feels like a waste when you could have a Buster Card or NP boosting CE on him.

Depends on how long the fight is. If he can make it through alive you use a Buster up CE, if he's dying too early you use a Guts CE.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There a bunch if Ascension Mats that are quest rewards and not listed in the tradein menu. IIRC both Chaos Claws and Octuplet Crystals are included.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

I've found most of the music in this game pretty forgettable thus far but this outfit quest track is extremely my jam.

Those tracks are both from Extella. Which yeah, has some pretty good music.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

There a bunch if Ascension Mats that are quest rewards and not listed in the tradein menu. IIRC both Chaos Claws and Octuplet Crystals are included.
That's cool, I need 4 and after wasting a full day's worth of AP on Gaul I'm not terribly interested in trying my luck there.

Looks like the math is...

For all Horseshoes and Gears, 200 Bronze Medals
For all Forbidden Pages, 100 Silver Medals
For all Hommunculus Babies, 100 Gold Medals
For all Crystalized Lore, 600(!) Gold Medals

I assume the first three are pretty doable; how much of a pain will getting the Lore be?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
As a gacha fiend, this slow drip of characters is going to ruin me.. Can't they be like Dokkan Battle and introduce a handful of people at once?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

As a gacha fiend, this slow drip of characters is going to ruin me.. Can't they be like Dokkan Battle and introduce a handful of people at once?

I think new chapters usually come with half a dozen new characters or so. First one will probably be in October/November? But yes, in between it's a slow drip for reasons which are probably obvious.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

NRVNQSR posted:

Depends on how long the fight is. If he can make it through alive you use a Buster up CE, if he's dying too early you use a Guts CE.

Guts CE are for Arash.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
So if I'm understanding correctly, we get a set of quests every 3 days or so. Each run guarantees the quest reward and we just rerun the quests for mats and medals to use to buy stuff? Can you downgrade medals from gold to silver for example or do you need to run a lower ap quest?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

cyxx posted:

So if I'm understanding correctly, we get a set of quests every 3 days or so. Each run guarantees the quest reward and we just rerun the quests for mats and medals to use to buy stuff? Can you downgrade medals from gold to silver for example or do you need to run a lower ap quest?

You can upgrade via trades but not the other way around.

I think.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The reddit thread makes it sound like you get quite a lot of guaranteed medals from the quests, 10-15 of each type depending upon the difficulty, but I could be parsing that wrong (as maybe that's just the maximum you can get if everything dropped one?). But if it is double digits, it should be trivially easy to buy out at least the Silver and Bronze trade ins. In other words, no need to worry about trading down.

The main problem, as far as I can work out, are the non-guaranteed(?) material drops such as Claws of Chaos, Octuplet Crystals, Phoenix Plumes. Those will require a lot more runs and going forward will obviously be very hard to get afterwards.

E: For example if you want to fully ascend Cu Lancer, Herc, and Lancelot, you'll need 16 Claws of Chaos.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

So does Nero join the story gacha after the event? If so I'll probably save my quartz for later.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nero is in the story gacha right now if you've finished Septem, but she gets a rateup during Nero Fest.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
I really want salter so I probably won't be spending any quartz for this event. It's pretty underwhelming unless you really want Nero I guess. Gotta keep waiting for the kintoki/salter rateup.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I'm sad, I won't be able to play for the last like third of the event due to no internet. I should be able to get a bunch of what I want though.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

cyxx posted:

I really want salter so I probably won't be spending any quartz for this event. It's pretty underwhelming unless you really want Nero I guess. Gotta keep waiting for the kintoki/salter rateup.

I'm conflicted because I want to get Nero to NP5 but I also REALLY want Kintoki.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Some good event names here

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/888520207412609024?s=09

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

If I'm lucky, I'll get out of Nerofest with a grailed Asterios and a lvl 90 Waver.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

How many medals can we actually expect per run?

e: answered above, that is a lot of grinding. At least the CE looks like we would only ever want 1-2 copies of it, and the LB seems fairly pointless.

Thinking fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Nero Fest and Moon viewing were hella grindy, but they were also the first events the game had. Halloween was better and ushered in the layout of future events (on a map, instead of just a quest list), but it brought in absurd stress on the servers.

NRVNQSR posted:

I think new chapters usually come with half a dozen new characters or so.

Yes, new story chapters and the summer events add the most new servants at one time. Okeanos added the least new servants (but still a lot, 4 or 5) out of the story updates, but London added like 5 or 6 and America just went nuts.