Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey lets be fair, Mayweather is all of those things too

You're right, Floyd Mayweather should be President

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

Pacquiao probably will be so I don't see why not.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
i'm a casual boxing/mma watcher and this whole thing is embarrassing. is the event supposed to appeal to wrestling fans because that smack-talk tour was sad

the thread has been super entertaining tho, so thanks for that, everyone (especially kevin) -- i had some legit laughs going until whiteknight mcfuckace came in to open our eyes to the scourge of racism

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Why did Floyd yell 'Form Voltron' and what did that achieve.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Why not? And comedy.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

It is probably the only thing I will remember about this fight in 20 years so it's served its purpose

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

who knows .. its from an old cartoon, the heroes say form voltron and then they all transform into like a robot dog or something like that

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He wanted someone to form voltron. And hell... I wouldn't mind seeing it either. Just don't generally yell at people to do it because I don't think that they are able to, even if they wanted to.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
voltron is what happens when Floyd and Conor merge to form Donald j trump

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Dan Didio posted:

Surprised no one answered seriously about this super serious subject. When he said it his body guards surrounded McGregor and sexually assaulted him.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Dan Didio posted:

When he said that, all of his giant bodyguards formed a meat curtain around McGregor. This was one of the funniest things stupid people have seen.

Edit: Beaten like Mayweather come tax season

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Gay Horney posted:

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
If I'm mcgregor my plan is to ditch trying to box and just kick box only I pull my kicks. That'd be legal right? You're not really kicking, just creating the threat that you might kick.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

If I'm mcgregor my plan is to ditch trying to box and just kick box only I pull my kicks. That'd be legal right? You're not really kicking, just creating the threat that you might kick.

"The rules don't say he can't brandish a pistol and wave it about at his opponent wildly without actually shooting it!" the ref says, shrugging as he consults a massive paper tome labeled "COMPLETE AIR BUD NOVELIZATION ANTHOLOGY"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fake, stop implying he can read.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

HARD WORK
HARD WORK
HARD WORK
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

fails to pass PPACA repeal bill

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

"The rules don't say he can't brandish a pistol and wave it about at his opponent wildly without actually shooting it!" the ref says, shrugging as he consults a massive paper tome labeled "COMPLETE AIR BUD NOVELIZATION ANTHOLOGY"

Idk where airbud came from but I agree.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

It's better to have a loaded unusable gun in a circle in the middle of the ring than under a bed where a kid could get to it. :911:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

As soon as Floyd realizes he's pulling the kicks, he'll lean into one to draw a foul or just punch over the kicks (and get hit and draw the foul on the way).

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This will 100% be worth the money if McG goes for a kick and May pulls a counter kick

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This will 100% be worth the money if McG goes for a kick and May pulls a counter kick

extra points if its a trapped leg enzuigiri

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

FishBowlRobot posted:

It's better to have a loaded unusable gun in a circle in the middle of the ring than under a bed where a kid could get to it. :911:

Holy poo poo, is that a Thunderball reference?! God I loved that UCB show. Havent seen it since I was a young'n.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Eat This Glob posted:

Holy poo poo, is that a Thunderball reference?! God I loved that UCB show. Havent seen it since I was a young'n.

:hfive: gently caress yeah, I didn't think anyone would get it.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

FishBowlRobot posted:

:hfive: gently caress yeah, I didn't think anyone would get it.

We had to do a "how to" video in some class in high school. A classmate made a video on "how to play thunderball," honeys, hounds, and gun included. Not related, but he's currently in jail for felony weapons violations. He shoulda left it in the gun circle...

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Way to kill the thread by talking about some stupid poo poo nobody here gives a gently caress about, boy.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Way to kill the thread by talking about some stupid poo poo nobody here gives a gently caress about, boy.

Disculpe. Sorry. Wait, did you call me boy?! Racism! Illiteracy! Uh, mink coats! Fanciful kicks to the head or groin!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I think even attempting a kick is probably a foul even if it doesn't land. The ref is not going to ponder whether its a bona fide attempt or not, he'll probably call time, take a point, and tell Conor that one more time is a DQ.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Bluedeanie posted:

lmao

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

1st AD posted:

HARD WORK
HARD WORK
HARD WORK
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

fails to pass PPACA repeal bill

hmmmm, I'll go with lol on this one.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

Lol. You and Triticum keep making it real fuckin' hard to work out who's funnier.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You guys might be on to something with the gun stuff.

Boxer shoots MMA fighter, pleads self defence

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bluedeanie posted:

Connor accidentally fires the gun, blowing Floyd's brains out. Mario Yamasaki leans in closely to inspect, but is otherwise silent.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Jerusalem posted:

Connor accidentally fires the gun, blowing Floyd's brains out. Mario Yamasaki leans in closely to inspect, but is otherwise silent.

Mario tries to ask Floyd, "Give up?" to no reply.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Jerusalem posted:

OK, I'm sold. I guess we can keep this mod.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Gay Horney posted:

floyd assaults women, can barely read, and doesn't pay his taxes. mcgregor is vaguely racist, has a massive ego and an unhealthy obsession with equivocating wealth and success. if you put these two together they'd be qualified to be POTUS

Just want to get real pedantic and ask if you really meant equivocate vs equate. Cuz it sorta makes sense as is.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

That's more a Mazagatti move.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
What would a Miragliotta move be, then? Yell at him to stop losing brain matter for another half minute?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's good Conor is preparing himself to get punched in the face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

maglizazzilali, you;d be surprised

• Locked thread