Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Raxivace posted:

Do not become addicted to senzu beans.

I mean, have you seen what an all senzu bean diet does to a man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

This gif needs to be seen by everyone, no need to spoiler it. Zamasu teaming up with Goku Black is not a spoiler. The spoiler is Goku Black being Zamasu too

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Out of context it looks like they're both going to betray the other first chance they get

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pureauthor posted:

Out of context it looks like they're both going to betray the other first chance they get

Oddly enough, Xenoverse runs with that, despite how in the series itself they're an extremely close team, a very weird thing for Dragon Ball where even the good guys are absolutely terrible at teamwork.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've been watching the old DBZ movies as I make my way through Kai and man these are a mixed bag. I was falling asleep in the last half of Tree of Might. World's Strongest was aight tho. The first five minutes of Lord Slug are Gohan dancing with his dragon as a performance to Piccolo as he angrily mediates so that's very good

also Dead Zone felt super weird for some reason I have no idea why. Like I felt I dreamed the entire thing

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 21, 2017

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lord slug was actually a good movie

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Cooler is good. RoboCooler not so much

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Professor Wayne posted:

Just checked. Planetnamek.com is for sale.
What kinds of pricing are we talking about to buy the site and have it redirect to this thread

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Stairmaster posted:

Lord slug was actually a good movie
I stopped a bit after the part where Bulma's dad calls that cat that's always on his shoulder his "my furry little colleague" so yeah it seemed pretty good, I'll get back to it

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

What kinds of pricing are we talking about to buy the site and have it redirect to this thread

No, I demand we redirect it to a fake Planet Namek site that portrays the series as if the Fake Namek arc was real Namek, and we go from there with stupid parody ripoffs of everything else in the series. Like Frieza is Friya, the Ginyu Force is Kola Squad, instead of Androids we gave Mechanoids, etc etc, and have bios and poo poo and fake power level charts and stuff.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I've been playing a bit of the Xenoverse 2 DLC and I like who they've cast for the dub Super characters, even if the actual voice direction in Xenoverse 2 isn't the greatest.

Fused Zamasu's "Back again Trunks? Whose aid did you bring this time?" line sure sounds Zamasu as gently caress to me in a good way.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 21, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kurui Reiten posted:

No, I demand we redirect it to a fake Planet Namek site that portrays the series as if the Fake Namek arc was real Namek, and we go from there with stupid parody ripoffs of everything else in the series. Like Frieza is Friya, the Ginyu Force is Kola Squad, instead of Androids we gave Mechanoids, etc etc, and have bios and poo poo and fake power level charts and stuff.
:effort:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Raxivace posted:

Fused Zamasu's "Back again Trunks? Whose aid did you bring this time?" line sure sounds Zamasu as gently caress to me in a good way.

But can it top this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWvL-udB_d8

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KJeRlrIIZk
Man, this is top quality voice acting and I can't see any other dub topping this

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jul 21, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

epic vids my dude

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raxivace posted:

I've been playing a bit of the Xenoverse 2 DLC and I like who they've cast for the dub Super characters, even if the actual voice direction in Xenoverse 2 isn't the greatest.

Appearntly his voice is a placeholder and they have someone else in mind when the dub actually gets there.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

MonsterEnvy posted:

Appearntly his voice is a placeholder and they have someone else in mind when the dub actually gets there.

Thank god. I posted an entire rant in the game thread about Zamasu's English voice. It loving sucks and wouldn't be salvaged even by better direction.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjmYunnEO_M

Holy poo poo wow. Indeed placeholder is the best word to describe Zamasu's voice. It sounds like one of those voice programs 12 years old use in their "iwannabelikepewdiepie" videos. The "Trunks, you are a sinner" line sounds extra awful as if it was recorded in two different takes and then badly spliced together.

And Goku Black's hilarious. He goes from Big Boss' gruff to every RPG's smarmy magician voice when he goes Rose.

The Fused Zamasu one is not all that bad though. Needs a little bit less echo maybe, but it's not downright terrible like the other 3 voices.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 21, 2017

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Zamasu should sound as much as an edgelord teenager as possible.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Sucks to be you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
IF Goku Rose isn't posh then what is even the point of dubbing it at all

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If James Marsters isn't Zamasu then the dub is dead to me.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm thinking Liam O'Brien.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTjLt-OUtcc

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I'm thinking James Marsters

Agreed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SENZU BEAN!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Slightly Absurd posted:

Sucks to be youuuuuuuu

Also I actually like the voice he puts on in Rose.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Why is the dragon ball super thread called the dragon ball z thread?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
It's all dragon Ball z. Dragon, dragon, rock the dragon

KoB
May 1, 2009
Why is the Dragon Ball thread called the Dragon Ball Z thread?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i'm gonna wait 20 years for dragon ball super kai

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.

lezard_valeth posted:

This gif needs to be seen by everyone, no need to spoiler it. Zamasu teaming up with Goku Black is not a spoiler. The spoiler is Goku Black being Zamasu too

I'm Zamasu and I approve this message.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Zamasu posted:

I'm Zamasu and I approve this message.

ur dead tho, you got beat by a small child

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm glad our friend Zamasu is back

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly the guy they have for Zamasu is perfect.

So the conclusion I had to make is that it is Shin-ichiro Miki who learned how to speak perfect English mysteriously.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's going to be Antfish doing his DIO voice.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/dragon-ball-fighterz-details-piccolo-krillin-online-battles

I want this game now.

quote:

Piccolo

Piccolo is considered to be one of the most technical characters with his expandable arm to grab his opponents. He has various ways to break the opponent’s guard and he can also fire fast and powerful beams. Players can charge up for a stronger attack by long-pressing the button. To create a huge blow, Piccolo can use his ability to release Ki blast from a range. For an effective strike, players will can even connect it with a combo move!

Krillin

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Krilin doesn’t have that much reach and power but easily compensate with several different techniques such as the Kamehameha to fight a long-range game. He also has tricky skill to confuse the opponent by leaving an image of himself before turning into an attack. Furthermore, players will gain extra by using the famous Senzu Bean. Fans will be delighted to know that his signature and unblokable attack is also included in Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Online Battles

In the Online Battles of Dragon Ball FighterZ, players can fight and interact with other users in the FighterZ lobby. That’s the perfect place to rise up to the arena stage and get matched with other users who are willing to battle! Players can also communicate with Z-Stamp, use facial expressions from Dragon Ball characters and watch their match with the replay mode!

More images in the link

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

lezard_valeth posted:

This is going to sound odd and I'm not an animator and never animated, but I always thought scenes like that were the hardest (or at least hard) thing to animate. By that I mean scenes where the imaginary camera revolves around a target so you slowly see it from different sides. It just seems that you would need more frames to make that look fluid than any other type of motion.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Covok posted:

This is going to sound odd and I'm not an animator and never animated, but I always thought scenes like that were the hardest (or at least hard) thing to animate. By that I mean scenes where the imaginary camera revolves around a target so you slowly see it from different sides. It just seems that you would need more frames to make that look fluid than any other type of motion.

That sort of thing IS hard, which is why when you see modern animation "cheat" and use 3D models, it's often when they're doing a gratuitous camera spin or something.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Covok posted:

It is in fact extremely hard to animate, especially if they aren't taking any shortcuts with CGI, I actually find that interesting about Super, the animation budget obviously isn't the highest but, especially recently, they often have shots and scenes where the character movement is very dramatic and gets accompanied with extreme shifts in perspective, that poo poo's like the hardest loving thing to do and they often throw it in for shits and giggles.

In anime there's a lot of tropes they have that are designed to disguise a lack of animation, one of the reasons character mouths often seem so small is so they can have just have their mouth being animated while talking without the rest of the face or body shifting at all, it gets really obvious in some scenes in Z. In the first episode of the Tournament proper there were a lot of clearly reused shots, one particularly notable one was Basil kicking out an energy blast, they used that at least three times, and I think they actually made it for the fight he had with Buu like 20 episodes previously. That kind of thing is common, but in that case it was unusually obvious and there was a bit of blowback as a result. Finally they also have a lot of complex but still dramatic poses which are kept onscreen for quite a long time, usually to emphasis a emotional or action crescendo, a lot like a splash page in a comic actually, the recent fight between Goku and Frieza had a really good example of that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6RQsFNqNxg&t=57s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Covok posted:

It is hard because it means you cannot just re-use an asset. Depending on what sort of thing you're animating you might be able to redraw only small things like faces, heads, hand/arm movements etc and have the rest of the character remain as-is. But when the perspective itself changes you really cannot do that, you have to redraw the whole thing. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff you can still re-use (and in that gif you can clearly see that in some frame transitions body shapes remain static while only smaller elements move around), but it's still a lot more stuff to do compared to a non-shifting perspective.