Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Apparently it IS in options. Somewhere.

it's a button labelled 'player options' under the motion control sensitivity iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

bandaid.friend posted:

it's a button labelled 'player options' under the motion control sensitivity iirc

Oh, now I see it. I thought it was under other on the equipment screen. It's actually on the other menu screen, where you can quick select where to go.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I'm weirded out by the result screen being kills and special kills rather than kills and deaths

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Did splatoon 1 die early or did it stay alive for a long time? I never bought it, but Spla2n looks like a blast.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

jokes posted:

Did splatoon 1 die early or did it stay alive for a long time? I never bought it, but Spla2n looks like a blast.

it never died

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

jokes posted:

It had a good amount of support until Splatoon 2 came out.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

jokes posted:

people are still playing splatoon 1

It stopped getting free updates and splatfests at the end of last year but its still drat good

The constant free updates kept the game very popular for a long, long time. Its not your typical multiplayer fizzle.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
And if you're wondering, they've promised to support Splatoon 2 for twice as long as 1. Two years of Splatfests and one year of free content updates (new gear, weapons and maps, possibly new Ranked modes as well). Balance and bug fixing continued for Splatoon 1 up until the end of last year, so If expect the same with 2.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm gonna get the spla2n. Gotta get an SD card tho because I can't stop buying switch games.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gimbal lock posted:

I'm weirded out by the result screen being kills and special kills rather than kills and deaths

It's very Nintendo

I'm awake and ready to splat all day!!!!! Well from like 2pm onwards as I got invited to a mega early Dunkirk screening

When I first remembered this game was out after waking up my heart was filled with probably an embarrassing amount of excitement and joy :3:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

spla2n, is fun!

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Got to the first boss in the campaign. Was not let down by the puns.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

spla2n, is fun!

:yeah:

Salmon run is also super good.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what is this freshness bonus of +3000 exp that I just got for?

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Futaba Anzu posted:

what is this freshness bonus of +3000 exp that I just got for?

Getting to the next streak level.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Everyone's gunna be a Grizzco shill with this max slot shirt

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
Salmon Run is so insanely fun, I don't want to stop.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
Does Salmon Run give exp? I'm trying to decide how to spend my lunch break (assuming the online even works on the work network) and if SR gives exp then I'll definitely be doing that. Even if it doesn't I'll probably be doing that to be honest bur it's worth asking.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

LeFishy posted:

Does Salmon Run give exp? I'm trying to decide how to spend my lunch break (assuming the online even works on the work network) and if SR gives exp then I'll definitely be doing that. Even if it doesn't I'll probably be doing that to be honest bur it's worth asking.

It doesn't seem like it, but I've only played a few rounds so far.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Whoof

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
RIP Marina. :(

Do we have a discord for grouping up? I'm getting tired of being the only non-roller on my team. :(

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
That's just begging for an edit of that weird 'best friend is now' thing that came up a few years back.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I can't wait to get Spla2n today and play it all weekend.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I'm ready to claim my turf, as soon as Best Buy open and get my game and amiibo.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jul 21, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I love Salmon Run.

But I suck at the Charger, but I keep getting it in the last wave. I've been saving my special to cover for my lack of Charging ability.

For example, getting stuck in the last wave with a Charger when two people disconnected. It sucks.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So has it always been the case with splatoon that you can usually tell who's going to win a game after the first 15 seconds?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

pichupal posted:

I love Salmon Run.

But I suck at the Charger, but I keep getting it in the last wave. I've been saving my special to cover for my lack of Charging ability.

For example, getting stuck in the last wave with a Charger when two people disconnected. It sucks.

Yeah, I really don't like the Charger there. I feel like I can make more of an impact with the other weapons, but I'm not sure on what I can really do with the Charger. I guess snipe certain types of Boss Salmonids?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LeFishy posted:

No, but I think getting the rewards from salmon run gives you the tickets to buy XP bonuses from crawdad dude who sells foods.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Frankston posted:

So has it always been the case with splatoon that you can usually tell who's going to win a game after the first 15 seconds?

No its just day-1 and half the players played on WiiU and half the players have never played the game before

It'll even out after like a week tops, especially in ranked

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Frankston posted:

Not really. Sometimes the matches make a total 180 degree turn at the very last minute.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/udon0531/status/888323540562227200

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, I really don't like the Charger there. I feel like I can make more of an impact with the other weapons, but I'm not sure on what I can really do with the Charger. I guess snipe certain types of Boss Salmonids?

The main trick behind it seems to be trying to line up shots of multiple Salmonids since a fully charged shot can pierce targets now, and other wise you're best at support, excluding the few Bosses that Chargers seem to be best at (unless a Splatling is available).

I say this as someone who completely gave up on Chargers in Splatoon 1, so???

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Honestly it's the last 30-40 seconds that'll decide a match and the rest kinda feels like fluff.

It's fun fluff but in turf wars if you get down 1-2 people in that amount of time there's no way to bounce back usually unless you pop off and kill the enemy team yourself. That being said not trying to sound like I'm complaining, just what I kind of expect if I see my team x'd out around that time.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Wow Salmon run ramps up in difficulty quickly. The night mode is crazy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Salmon Run sounds so loving awesome but I know I'm going to absolutely suck at it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Honestly it's the last 30-40 seconds that'll decide a match and the rest kinda feels like fluff.

It's fun fluff but in turf wars if you get down 1-2 people in that amount of time there's no way to bounce back usually unless you pop off and kill the enemy team yourself. That being said not trying to sound like I'm complaining, just what I kind of expect if I see my team x'd out around that time.

What you need to keep in mind with Turf War in general is that it's all fun and games until it hits the last minute. Then things get serious :toughguy:.

Also I've been playing with my new Pro Controller and it is really comfortable. The Joycons are perfectly fine, but I have big hands so the Pro's bigass buttons and thumbsticks are just wonderful.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

just played a half dozen matches

The game is super fun and if they keep the maps + content coming I can see it lasting a damned long time.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Another Salmon Run tip - Splat Bombs can both revive allies, and explode immediately if they hit an unconcious ally.

Throwing a bomb towards your dead team while two Grillers are chasing you can turn a round around.

Edit: I can't handle Overachiever as a Charger. I just cross my fingers I get it in the first round.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jul 21, 2017

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

jokes posted:

They extended support for it to an entire year since it was more successful than they ever imagined. The sequel should be supported for much longer than the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Woke up later than I wanted to to start the download. I hope it gets done before my flight :ohdear: