Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So where Sonic Mania is attempting to encapsulate everything good in 2D Sonic games Forces is trying to capture everything good in 3D Sonic games.

Good 3D Sonic stuff being butt rock and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

That wld be epic I hope Sonic wins :cool:

Sonic would lose in terms of raw speed because the speed force is just straight up OP, but Sonic is lighter on his feet and doesn't lose his cool, so when the Flash starts getting his rear end kicked Sonic would teach him to have a sensational comeback just like Rocky 3.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

So where Sonic Mania is attempting to encapsulate everything good in 2D Sonic games Forces is trying to capture everything good in 3D Sonic games.

chao garden

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It sucks that the comics are going out this way. I hope Overdrive gets leaked somehow at the very least.

Ventana posted:

I am so glad that for the cheesiest Sonic villain they got Liam O'Brien to play it with his wonderful voice :allears:

Apparently he was Zazz from Lost World, but I'm glad he's doing the more standard cheesy/dramatic villain voice here

Isn't he also Shadow?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Golden Goat posted:

fishing mode

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

wtf is even happening

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Zelder posted:

chao garden

I've always wondered why Sega never brought back the one "3D Sonic" thing that EVERYONE liked. Chao mobile app? Hello?

Then again, there have already been many more questionable decisions made.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It sucks that the comics are going out this way. I hope Overdrive gets leaked somehow at the very least.

Isn't he also Shadow?

Shadow is currently being played by Kirk Thornton (Saix in Kingdom Hearts, Harry Mason in Silent Hill Shattered Memories, among other roles).

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

azurite posted:

I've always wondered why Sega never brought back the one "3D Sonic" thing that EVERYONE liked. Chao mobile app? Hello?

Do you really want to wish another F2P mobile app into this world?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

those cutscenes looked so goddamn lovely lmao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yep, sonic is finally back to having a dumbass story. It is about time.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

Yep, sonic is finally back to having a dumbass story. It is about time.

it never stopped

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Do you really want to wish another F2P mobile app into this world?

You have a point. Having the mobile component of the game tie into the home console was a really neat feature, but now phones are powerful enough on their own that the novelty would probably be limited.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Augus posted:

it never stopped

We've had a severe stupidity drought since sonic Unleashed.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

azurite posted:

It took Sega this long to make another proper 2D Sonic game. And they didn't even make it, they let the Taxman and Stealth make it because those guys have spent the last 20 years trying to make a new classic Sonic game because lord knows Sega wouldn't.

So yeah, don't expect Chao to come back ever. Even though people liked them.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Oh yes this is exactly the level of edge I expected. This is borderline parody and I love every second if it.
Also that voice is so out of place. I hope he says "You're too slow" in Illidan Voice :allears:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Eggman: Nice!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Schwarzwald posted:

That was a Mike Pollock "Nice" so his voice is gone be great too.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Schwarzwald posted:

https://twitter.com/PixelMatt64/status/888069931371085824

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
E D G E

It's amazing how much they are aware of the cheesy stuff, or they aren't and they are being genuinely cheesy? Oh Lord I don't know anymore.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's also a new trailer for Forces

But yeah lol at the new music. I have a big dumb smile on my face, it's just so cornball

Oh my poo poo they got Liam O'Brien to voice Infinite. This is the greatest thing ever.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I think Infinite is way too on the nose to not be intentional parody. It's probably going to turn out he and your Original the Character are from the same dimension and he's your OC's long lost brother or something.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I kind of joked when the character was first shown that he'd be Eggman's OC, but now I think that's a legitimate possibility.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Schwarzwald posted:

I kind of joked when the character was first shown that he'd be Eggman's OC, but now I think that's a legitimate possibility.

Starship Arcadia
Dec 31, 2009

Winter is fine, but I hate summer.

Heaven Spacey posted:

I think Infinite is way too on the nose to not be intentional parody. It's probably going to turn out he and your Original the Character are from the same dimension and he's your OC's long lost brother or something.

I hope the OC character is mostly unvoiced too so that while Infinite is giving a dramatic, deep voiced monologue the player avatar just gestures cartoonishly and grunts. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe they're hooking me with this dumb poo poo.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The forces cutscenes look like they were made in source film maker lol

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Forces is going to be amazing, regardless of if it's a drat mess or an actually good, and I can't wait for it to come out

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

turboraton posted:

E D G E

It's amazing how much they are aware of the cheesy stuff, or they aren't and they are being genuinely cheesy? Oh Lord I don't know anymore.

At this point, I'd say they'd have to be aware of it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I hope theres lots of powering up :ssj:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I hope we team up with Shadow, Chaos and Metal Sonic to take out Zavok and Infinite. and everyone goes super

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I hope and Shadow fuse using chaos emerald earrings.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Spiderdrake posted:

I hope and Shadow fuse using chaos emerald earrings.

I don't think one game can contain that level of EDGE!!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's too bad achievements killed cheat codes/modes. In another universe, Sonic Forces gets a Sonic Adventure 1 big mouth talking mode for cutscenes.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Infinite is your OC, that's the twist

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Skeletome posted:

Infinite is your OC, that's the twist

The big thing with the OC is that all of it's stages have lyrics. Seriously even Green Hill or whatever the E3 level was.

It's possible. I'm going to believe it.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I want them to make Super Eggman cannon.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I think Ecco the Dolphin should be in sonic games.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I want them to make Super Eggman cannon.

It turns out his excess weight is just like weighted clothing...only it's fat.

That's why he can outrun Sonic. He's been training for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Eggman is pretty close to the modern SA goon ideal. Feminist, computer-toucher, overeducated, gets to flirt interact with Sonic the Hedgehog...