Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Sunning posted:

They extended support for it to an entire year since it was more successful than they ever imagined. The sequel should be supported for much longer than the first game.

Specifically, they added a few more weapon variants (Sheldon's Picks) and kept patching it with more minor updates and bugfixes for more than a year. It only stopped in late 2016. The new weapon types were what was still planned.

S2 has a much more aggressive update schedule, with a full year of seemingly hefty content updates coming and two years of Splatfests at a minimum to S1's single year of fests.

Anyway, downloading right now, would be happy to splat with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I feel like you could come up with a lifetime of splatfest ideas in a couple of days and just have them automatically run for decades, or just have them loop

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/888367975992102913

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Turns out Pearl is actually the best. Two for two so far!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Salmon run is extremely good and I can't wait to play the higher difficulties

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
It would have been a tougher choice if it was between mustard and ketchup, but as things stand, I have to side with Marina on this.

EDIT: Also got my Splatoon 2 bundle. Huzzah! Still waiting for my amiibo to arrive.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Where's the vote for mustard?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

But they are best mixed together into fry sauce :smith:

(Mayo is more versatile, if this is the US splatfest I'm siding with the gremlin)

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So a bunch of people drawing Patrick and Pikachu, got it.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Both- fancy sauce!

https://youtu.be/C9VYU0YZSbo

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The answer is hot sauce, but I'll go with mayo out of those two

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Can't wait to draw Patrick and Spongepearl

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Puerto Rico has been on the Mayoketchup game forever so this is my choice.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Where's the Baconaise Nintendo?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I like them both together and separately! Though, I like mayo slightly more, so I guess that's what I'd choose if these are the NA choices.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This is hard because mayo in tuna is amazing but ketchup goes with everything. Ahhhhhh.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Is there no "both are disgusting" choice

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ketchup blends are way less versatile than mayo blends. The best blend ketchup has us with mayo.

Side with the gremlins or else.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

This is hard because mayo in tuna is amazing but ketchup goes with everything. Ahhhhhh.

No that's salsa, ketchup is gross with most things that aren't potatoes.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Europe truly is a garbage continent.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
A small amount of ketchup with scrambled eggs or an omelette is really good too, though.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Hypocritically, I actually like fry sauce but when they're separate I try to avoid both of them

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Oh poo poo, I forgot European splatfests are different. I may not have to side with Pearl!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Current status: extremely fresh

Also, as a S1 veteran, I have to say: the motion controls make approximately 1001% more sense with lightweight joycons than they ever did with a goddamn five-pound screened gamepad. If you had told me Splatoon was designed from the ground up for the 'cons, I would believe you.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I really hope thats an EU one only. Cause where do I sign up for Mustard, the only condiment I like!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

The US fest will probably be different. NoA and NoE handle their own Splatoon regional servers.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Walmart.com has preorders for all three new Splatoon Amiibo available right now if you missed them originally

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mayo has a lot more uses then ketchup and mayo enhances ketchup to an entire new power level. Pearl is the right choice this time, sorry Ketchup nerds

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Escobarbarian posted:

It's very Nintendo

I'm awake and ready to splat all day!!!!! Well from like 2pm onwards as I got invited to a mega early Dunkirk screening

When I first remembered this game was out after waking up my heart was filled with probably an embarrassing amount of excitement and joy :3:

You should edit this post and tell us how Dunkirk is once you've watched it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah Euros really love their mayo, isn't the mayo with fries a Dutch thing

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I wanted to make a bagel while the match was making and thought I couldn't leave or it would start without me. And then I remembered...

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So how do Salmon Run rewards work?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
You can't reset gyro controls when lying down :wtf:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

They should've done mayo vs hot sauce and just made it a race war

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Nephzinho posted:

So how do Salmon Run rewards work?

There's a booth next to the salmon run room where you can claim them.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The Euro splatfest is making me crave potato salad :ohdear:

My guesses for the NA one:
Hamburgers vs Hotdogs again
Already a sponsored splatfest to get that Brand Engagement going
Mustard vs Ketchup, but the picture implies that it's the neon yellow mustard that just tastes like vinegar

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Zelder posted:

They should've done mayo vs hot sauce and just made it a race war

Is avatar quoting allowed?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Sam Faust posted:

There's a booth next to the salmon run room where you can claim them.

I see bonuses tied to point thresholds with some armor here and there, and buoys elsewhere. Armor is obvious, what do the buoys do?

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

Modus Pwnens posted:

Just buy a separate Switch for each game and leave the game in the slot.

Finally getting "carts" back to the size of their glorious Neo-Geo days! About the same price in un-adjusted dollars too I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nephzinho posted:

I see bonuses tied to point thresholds with some armor here and there, and buoys elsewhere. Armor is obvious, what do the buoys do?

They're not buoys, they're Gatchapon balls. Ie; randomized prizes that you open and find out what you won (generally a bit of cash, and probably a chance for Crusty Sean vouchers).