Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tippis posted:

…also, ffs, wear some proper shoes while you're in the office.

I know they aren't in florida but flip flops are office attire here.

also did I nade any teammates yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

big nipples big life posted:

I know they aren't in florida but flip flops are office attire here.

Even more reason to treat it like the appendix it looks like: cut it off and dump it in the ocean.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Someone spotted the Oculus SDK in yesterday's AtV

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6omkk2/oculus_sdk_still_linked_in_to_cigs_build_of/

I have LumberYard, and I can tell you that it's not using that version. This is more proof that they haven't yet fully switched to Lumberyard as I've been saying for months now. Heck, they still haven't got distance fog and render-to-texture components from Lumberyard working yet.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Enchanted Hat posted:

You know, the wheel thing and the lack of windows are stupid from a realism perspective, but in a video game you'd just code it so they wouldn't be a problem.

The sale page says that it's meant for cargo transport. How many of those standardised cargo crates that CIG were showing off for 3.0 do you think you could fit in the back of this thing? I'm thinking maybe two. If they want to make a land-based cargo vehicle, why not make it a truck or something? Something that could actually carry a bit of cargo.

quote:

The baseline model of the Cyclone features an open flatbed in the back where cargo pieces can be safely secured and transported, making it a perfect transport for homesteads or as a short-range vehicle for planetary deliveries.

They literally made a Space El Camino with a smaller bed lol. Notice how there's no shots of how big the cargo area actually is? It's even funnier because like you said, if it weren't for CIG's unprecedented level of stupidity they could just code it to have room for a million bajillion cargo units or whatever, but since they've decided to make cargo physical objects they've now rendered their tiny hosed up pickup truck completely useless. I bet you can't even get a single Big Benny's vending machine in there without it bouncing out the first time you take a moderator corner.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

A test? I thought the deskeletization was entrance ceremony enough. You tell me I now look like a meat blob and still can't access the only platinum members can see this where you guys secretly discuss all the guerilla warfare to finally bring down cig?

Also talking about meat blobs, one of our guys actually drew this by hand and animated it.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

quote:

Star Citizen: Derek Smart attacks Gamestar and blasphemes about their titlestory

not a cult

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The baseline model isn't meant to haul cargo, that's its secondary job. It's primary mission is to sell variants of itself.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Combat Theory posted:

Wew catched up with the thread again!

just wanted to say hello now that i got myself an account finally. (Or better set a fellow Goon with a Credit Card got it for me... thanks for that!)
Im still pretty active within the Citizen's community so i cant post here under my actual Nickname (i think those of you who do use your same Nick in Stimperial Space know the horrors that come with it)

Since i have been lurking over here long before i got my account i think a few words of acknowledgement are long past due. So first of all thanks for the great entertainment that you guys provided to us more or less secretly salty shitizens and dirty leavers, coming to this thread felt like coming home after some time.

Also thanks a lot to Beet Wagon who helped to show so many disfranchised Citizens like myself a way out... I got a partial Refund tho. the 45 Bux that my account is still thick is well worth having a front row seat into Development Hell (a place where commandos eternally T-Pose at 12 FPS)
Thanks to Pgabz who entertained all of us non believers with his Videos about all the poo poo we saw day for day in game (and still would if we bothered playing)
And thanks to Mirificus. I always spare the Reddit Snippets for when im going to take a long session at the toilet... Ashes to Ashes, Poo Poo to Poo Poo.
And Thanks to Beer. Beer if you think back a year or so, there was a day you came to the star citizen Discord and expected to find pure hate, but instead you found me at the middle of the night and we had a long laugh about the jokes of the past (10ftc translations etc) and a quick snippet about Fantasy Football i think? Just in time before the shitizens started projecting their obsession with Dereks genitalia onto you...
And it seems i lurked to late to see the earlier posts of G0RF, but the one i saw just now was mighty impressive. Thank you for that.

the Taxe has been paid already for this page, but i saw a bit of lazyness over the last few hundred pages, so ill go and repay that with our cate and wulfDoggo (hes actually named nikita, but he also likes to present his genitals to strangers)

Also please enjoy some of our weekly meme work that we strip from ATV (the warlord gets some of those via his discord from time to time too, but he kindly credits them usually instead of being a Ryan Archer)

I'm sure you forgot to mention "And a really big thank you to The Titanic for always being there, lurking in the waves with super great quips and absolute logical hilarity. She is pretty much the other reason for backers to seek refunds."

But it's ok I'll let it slide since your July blog greeting was good enough. Welcome to the thread, friend. :)

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

quote:

Was just going through another posting with Kiosk Screen Stills from the last ATV and noticed that not a single price in the kiosk shots refers to aUEC - it's all just UEC now.

Does this mean that CIG has totally fixed the money system? Will they also remove the ability to buy UEC with cash on the associated website update?

Looks like 3.0 is more epic that we know!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Aside the stupid name, what is the gameplay point of this thing ? i understand CIG would sell anything for more money, but i cant answer the "Why ?" question.

I mean if i get a flying, athmosphere capable basic free ship (Starter Aurora) that can go faster, over water without the risk of flipping and can land anywhere, why do i need a buggy ?

What scenario do i need the buggy for ?

Wreck salvage ? Land near the wreck.
Cargo retrival ? Land where the cargo is.
Mission ? Land near the mission giver, fly to the mission site, fly back. In a straight line. gently caress mountains and rivers.

Last consideration : If point of interest are so far away i need a buggy to get from one to the other, its better to take my ship. If they are too close, its simpler to walk.

Where does this fricking buggy fit in ?

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

aleksendr posted:

You won't be able to use the spaceships in the planetside aspect of gameplay, even auroras. I think. This is all very theoretical territory, like the rest of the game.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
It's so silly.

You could archer any of the MRAP vehicles and you would get a pretty cool design. It would also appeal to your typical Euro Truck Simulator fans, in a lower effort and more realistic approach.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

you shall be in the dopest of sim houses, my streamer friend

I don't know why but I spent inordinate amounts of time in Sims and Sims 2. It was a weird addition. I love games that seem to go nowhere except for your own head and building the next room.

I've cut myself off from future Sims games because it was so badly detrimental. I don't know what ingredient they put into this game franchise but they better never figure out how to make it a drug.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Combat Theory posted:

Guten Tag, Kamerad ;)

Like CIG "supporters" being mostly from germany. This thread also contains a higher than average percentage of users posting from germany. Mit anderen Worten: Willkommen im Klub!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

aleksendr posted:

Aside the stupid name, what is the gameplay point of this thing ? i understand CIG would sell anything for more money, but i cant answer the "Why ?" question.

I mean if i get a flying, athmosphere capable basic free ship (Starter Aurora) that can go faster, over water without the risk of flipping and can land anywhere, why do i need a buggy ?

Mission ? Land near the mission giver, fly to the mission site, fly back. In a straight line. gently caress mountains and rivers.

Last consideration : If point of interest are so far away i need a buggy to get from one to the other, its better to take my ship. If they are too close, its simpler to walk.

"Because only Rockstar can compete.....maybe" - chris Roberts, and absolute loving pigdick of a human.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Colostomy Bag posted:

:toot:

Looks like they sold around 4,500 of them already.

From my booze-destroyed, hazy memory, haven't all recent concept sales for the past year sold around the same number of ships/vehicles, like 10k or so? Anyone got any funky data on this?

I wonder if CIG are being propped up by the same 10k-15k whale idiots?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Kromlech posted:

You won't be able to use the spaceships in the planetside aspect of gameplay, even auroras. I think. This is all very theoretical territory, like the rest of the game.

Then what is the buggy shooting at in the promotional image ?

Also why do i need wheels in a world where the most backwater mechanic can somehow pump gravity along a system no more complex than indoor plumbing ?

Why not give us those :

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

aleksendr posted:

This kind of thinking is unnecessary and most certainly FUD. Just hand over your dollarydoos to the great and powerful Cribblets and he'll take care of the minutiae like 'Why does this even exist?'

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

aleksendr posted:

Also why do i need wheels in a world where the most backwater mechanic can somehow pump gravity along a system no more complex than indoor plumbing ?

I dunno, but from the screenshots I'm getting the impression that New Zealand is a pretty rough place.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Quavers posted:

From my booze-destroyed, hazy memory, haven't all recent concept sales for the past year sold around the same number of ships/vehicles, like 10k or so? Anyone got any funky data on this?

Yeah, that's the average number because it's the same Spergs always buying poo poo to help keep propping up a train wreck.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Quavers posted:

It would fit the usual freemium & Pay-2-Win MMO funding pattern.

You got a few people who buy on a "I need this" basis but about 80% of your clients are trained whales and simply buy everything you release (assuming you maintain a certain quality level ) just for the novelty and status of it.

Similar spending habits can be observed in MW:O, World of Tanks and War Thunder. Many people just buy a single or two premium vehicules and account 20% of the sales, while the whales simply have to get them all and account for the rest.

i think the thread once crunched the numbers in the earlier days (pre-50M$) of funding. I cant remember the exact result but it showed about 85 % of the backers simply had the basic or below 200$ packages and provided for nearly half the funding. The other half was the work of the remaining 15% whales who somewhow figured they could fly two Idris at the same time.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
The kiosks in 3.0 sell things in UEC. Not aUEC.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ZenMaster posted:

Why are the space chariots fighting around Milford Sound, New Zealand?

:vince:

:laffo::laffo:

:five:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

aleksendr posted:

It would fit the usual freemium & Pay-2-Win MMO funding pattern.

Similar spending habits can be observed in MW:O, World of Tanks and War Thunder. Many people just buy a single or two premium vehicules and account 20% of the sales, while the whales simply have to get them all and account for the rest.

Funny enough, a friend of mine whom I helped through the refund process (4 figures) gifted me 25 dollars worth of war thunder premium currency as a thank you.
The trick really is to not grind towards something, but enjoying the game as you go. If you just play to grind I think you choose the wrong game.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

I've cut myself off from future Sims games because it was so badly detrimental. I don't know what ingredient they put into this game franchise but they better never figure out how to make it a drug.
Upward mobility.

aleksendr posted:

Are we trusting CIG's promotional art as representative of actual gameplay now?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

I dunno, but from the screenshots I'm getting the impression that New Zealand is a pretty rough place.

I wonder where the Shire Airforce got those surplus Tornados. Those hobbits cetainly dont mess around.

Kromlech posted:

Upward mobility.

Are we trusting CIG's promotional art as representative of actual gameplay now?

No, we are trusting 2016 CitCon presentation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P23KEtltcDc&t=2400s

If i can do what is shown in the above video, Why do i need the buggy ?

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 21, 2017

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

:smug:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"Because only Rockstar can compete.....maybe" - chris Roberts, and absolute loving pigdick of a human.

He's making the world's first Quadruple A game, man.

Cut him some slack.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Regarding the Star Citizen Tracker:

Regarding CIG/Star Citizen:

Regarding r/ds:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bofast posted:

Oh, you should also put TheTitanic in there, and have her go down on her first mission.

In the heart camo too. Be sure it's with a grenade or something because I never go down alone. :sureboat:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Enchanted Hat posted:

The sale page says that it's meant for cargo transport. How many of those standardised cargo crates that CIG were showing off for 3.0 do you think you could fit in the back of this thing? I'm thinking maybe two.
The driver and the passenger hold crates in their hands and stack them on the hood.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

The Titanic posted:

Sounds horrible.

Mods need to convert this subforum section into a place for all the gaming trainwrecks as they are happening. I think we've grown beyond just Star Citizen and I'd love to bash all this poo poo developers trying to play cash in with their various games.

Rename it to: Gaming Trainwrecks: Derek Was Right About Them All

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

trucutru posted:

Just make sure that I am one of those shadowy "Surprise motherfucker!" rangers and not the dumb ones that run into the middle of an alien blob to die, machete in hand. Phantom and conceal are a must.

OOoh, I want to be the stealth trickster slash legal-team accountant special agent. Can I? CAN I?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

SC is the one trainwreck that rules them all.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

G0RF posted:

He's making the world's first Quadruple A game, man.

Cut him some slack.

I thought it was Triple AAA.

Also whatever happened to Karl?

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Fun story by the way... Tonight a dude got banned from the NDA test group for posting an underwater blowjob picture and angry reacting with the team America theme song after the picture got deleted.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

While its fun to mock the lack of realism in CIG's latest concept art, Its kind of moot. Very few sci-fi spaceships are even close to realistic at all. Unrealistic bullshit is part of the fun.

aleksendr posted:

Exactly. A buggy that you can deploy is certainly cool and fun. But unless the gameplay you do with the buggy cannot be done with your ship, it's pointless.

Elite has a buggy, and they forced an annoying collection mechanic into it, but its otherwise lovely gameplay.

This is 100% collecting money from idiots, and a cues to the fact the CIG spends more time making a game that takes place on planets instead of spaceships. Its hard to believe there was a time when SC wasn't even going to have land-able planets at all, it was a loving space game.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Good morning, space friends.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
The kiosks in 3.0 sell things for UEC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Titanic posted:

In the heart camo too. Be sure it's with a grenade or something because I never go down alone. :sureboat:

a volunteer!