Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Just lost 2 salmon runs within 2 minutes :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They're not buoys, they're Gatchapon balls. Ie; randomized prizes that you open and find out what you won (generally a bit of cash, and probably a chance for Crusty Sean vouchers).

Nice. I see a pretty nice 4 slot shirt up on the rewards ticket - how often do these cycle? I have to do a few hours of meetings but wouldn't mind snagging that thing afterwards.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I've missed you bucket.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Salmon run is real good.

Thanks for listening.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

deadwing posted:

Walmart.com has preorders for all three new Splatoon Amiibo available right now if you missed them originally

Thanks for the heads up. Supposedly they will arrive tomorrow with free shipping. We'll see.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Due to a work emergency, eta until I can play has been shifted from 3 hours to 31 hours :gonk:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
My only complaint with Splatoon 2 is it doesn't go to Off The Hook to announce the new stages as they rotate, it just goes "MAPS HAVE CHANGED".

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do we know what the Squid Sisters amiibo do yet? Mine showed up today but I won't complete single player for a while I think.

Also ordered the 3 new ones poo poo yeah

e: I agree with the posters below me and vehemently disagree with the poster above me

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 21, 2017

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My only complaint with Splatoon 2 is it doesn't go to Off The Hook to announce the new stages as they rotate, it just goes "MAPS HAVE CHANGED".

Good, because having to scroll through that every two hours would get extremely tiresome.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

haha jeez dude just restart the game if you want it that badly

Being able to skip the tedious text is pretty much the best thing they've done next to salmon run

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Looks like Callie gives Hero replica gear and Marie gives some other replica gear. Nothing too great/crazy.

Am I reading this right that amiibo let you change gear in a lobby? Or can you do that without amiibo now?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Thermal ink doesn't seem to do anything? I've had it equipped now for several hours and I've not been able to see any enemies I've inked behind walls or anything.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
there's a distinct lack of spongebob memes in the plaza

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Not a Children posted:

haha jeez dude just restart the game if you want it that badly

Being able to skip the tedious text is pretty much the best thing they've done next to salmon run

Salmon Run is drat fun, but does anyone else find the Steelheads harder to put down than they should because of that drat rim around the edge of their grenade launcher? That and the Charger is just an utter waste of a weapon slot in it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Salmon Run is drat fun, but does anyone else find the Steelheads harder to put down than they should because of that drat rim around the edge of their grenade launcher? That and the Charger is just an utter waste of a weapon slot in it.

The funny thing is the charger is the weapon to use on the bosses like that, so you know back up and do that.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kilometers Davis posted:

This is hard because mayo in tuna is amazing but ketchup goes with everything. Ahhhhhh.

Nothin sets off the flavor of a good steak like ketchup

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Losing all my matches but I'm loving it

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Was worried because regular UPS guy didn't have my game but then he did a double take and came back with it.

Now for the last painful 4 hours of work

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
So I didnt't mind not being able to leave lobbies until I was trapped in a 1 person Salmon Run by myself, and it still counts as a pay cut if you lose despite it being impossible.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LethalGeek posted:

The funny thing is the charger is the weapon to use on the bosses like that, so you know back up and do that.

Here's the thing; It's a weapon designed for charging up and picking off single enemies. Except you can generally out-DPS it with anything else, including the Roller, and you also can't crowd-control for poo poo which is half the job. You also don't have the range to use it either if high tied rolls in (which it almost always does for at least one round), and the other half of the job is fetching Golden Eggs. So you're either sitting with your thumb up your rear end not being useful because you can't run from your sniping perch to come help, or just being heinously slow at killing anything. It'd be better replaced with a Splatling Gun or Bucket.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's the thing; It's a weapon designed for charging up and picking off single enemies. Except you can generally out-DPS it with anything else, including the Roller, and you also can't crowd-control for poo poo which is half the job. You also don't have the range to use it either if high tied rolls in (which it almost always does for at least one round), and the other half of the job is fetching Golden Eggs. So you're either sitting with your thumb up your rear end not being useful because you can't run from your sniping perch to come help, or just being heinously slow at killing anything. It'd be better replaced with a Splatling Gun or Bucket.

A huge part of the Salmon Run seems to be the cycling weapon assignments.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Letting my little sister borrow my Switch for the day so she can play while I'm stuck at work, then gotta pick up my amiibos on the way home and settle in for a splatty weekend.

She's probably more excited about the game than anyone, but doesn't have a Switch yet. Gonna see if I can help my parents buy her one for her birthday in August so we can play online together. Video games are one of the few things me and my 10 year old sister can bond over, and between this and the Minecraft cross-play stuff the Switch is looking like a good system for that.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Fun Times! posted:

Losing all my matches but I'm loving it

Same, but not loving it. Think I'll give it a few days to normalise. Salmon Run is good fun in the meantime

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Letting my little sister borrow my Switch for the day so she can play while I'm stuck at work, then gotta pick up my amiibos on the way home and settle in for a splatty weekend.

She's probably more excited about the game than anyone, but doesn't have a Switch yet. Gonna see if I can help my parents buy her one for her birthday in August so we can play online together. Video games are one of the few things me and my 10 year old sister can bond over, and between this and the Minecraft cross-play stuff the Switch is looking like a good system for that.

Amazon still has neons in stock (less than 20 left at MSRP)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really wish experience - at least for items - was still counted via turf inked, and not the current rating system.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nephzinho posted:

A huge part of the Salmon Run seems to be the cycling weapon assignments.

Yup, and the Charger's still dead weight in the horde mode. What's your point?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Are the foods from Crusty Sean timed, like potions? Is there a reason not to buy them as soon as I get a ticket?

I really like this. Marina's squatting to get into shot with Pearl

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yup, and the Charger's still dead weight in the horde mode. What's your point?

There will be a Charger week and it willbe terrible/awesome.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bandaid.friend posted:

Are the foods from Crusty Sean timed, like potions? Is there a reason not to buy them as soon as I get a ticket?

They last 20 matches, they aren't timed. Use them as much as you please.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

played a handful of rounds of salmon run. poo poo's good. won the first two rounds but then promptly lost the next three i think. salmon run can get very out of control VERY fast.

i think most of my failures came down to two specific bosses-- the jetpack missile guy and the guy with the bomb that comes out of his head. the jetpack guy i'm not so hot on that you can only really hit him with bombs. it's not really easy to aim a bomb at a moment's notice and i had a number of times where the bomb i threw just barely bounced off the rim to his missile launcher and the bomb fell out instead. the head bomb guy's problem is just that the time where he's vulnerable is super short. you need to be real close up to hit him, but if you don't kill him you then have to get far away to avoid the bomb, then you have to spend your time inking your path to him and by the time you get there he's already launching another bomb. the charger is the only real weapon that has the range to handle this guy at the moment but fuckin :lol: if you can assemble that kind of coordination with pubbies. maybe they'll learn eventually. maybe.

mode is cool.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think it does that, but only once you decide to go back to Inkopolis Square. It doesn't force you into it while you are between matches.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

gently caress just lost two runs in the last second of he final wave. Savage Run.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Lobstertainment posted:

Due to a work emergency, eta until I can play has been shifted from 3 hours to 31 hours :gonk:

I'm working all weekend. :negative:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I've decided to socialize this weekend instead of playing Splatoon 2

Hopefully I can alienate all of my friends so I don't have that option soon

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Jeez. I haven't tried Salmon run yet, but everything else is so good. Even the rhythm mini-game! It's so much better in 2 than the stopper simple one that was in 1. The next time you're chilling in the Plaza, check it out. Give Octarmaments a try. On Hard. :getin:

(I've given up on getting silver on it, just in case anyone thought I was good or anything.)

Onean fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 21, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kaubocks posted:

played a handful of rounds of salmon run. poo poo's good. won the first two rounds but then promptly lost the next three i think. salmon run can get very out of control VERY fast.

i think most of my failures came down to two specific bosses-- the jetpack missile guy and the guy with the bomb that comes out of his head. the jetpack guy i'm not so hot on that you can only really hit him with bombs. it's not really easy to aim a bomb at a moment's notice and i had a number of times where the bomb i threw just barely bounced off the rim to his missile launcher and the bomb fell out instead. the head bomb guy's problem is just that the time where he's vulnerable is super short. you need to be real close up to hit him, but if you don't kill him you then have to get far away to avoid the bomb, then you have to spend your time inking your path to him and by the time you get there he's already launching another bomb. the charger is the only real weapon that has the range to handle this guy at the moment but fuckin :lol: if you can assemble that kind of coordination with pubbies. maybe they'll learn eventually. maybe.

mode is cool.

Steelhead's problem is the loving brim of his 'hat'. Half your shots will bounce off it instead of the bomb (even with a Charger) and then, well, you get a bomb in the face.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If you lose Salmon Run do you get anything out of it? Or is it a win only type reward?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

^burtle posted:

If you lose Salmon Run do you get anything out of it? Or is it a win only type reward?

you still get points towards your rewards but i think if you lose badly enough you can lose grizzco rank

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Paygrade 135%, bosses start to spawn 2 at a time pretty endlessly. If anyone dies or slows down you pretty much enter scramble mode where you're just trying to avoid dying as bosses pretty much start chaining their attacks. Got my shirt, gonna go turf war a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My friends and I just tried to use the voice chat app.....I think it might only work with private matches.

Jesus, Nintendo.