Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I would rather just shut it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Soul Glo posted:

Why? Don't do this. Don't be that weirdo.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Variable 5 posted:

Switch with neon Joy-Cons now in stock for Prime members.

They've been "in stock" for a while, the listings are from scalpers at $100 markup.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

raditts posted:

They've been "in stock" for a while, the listings are from scalpers at $100 markup.

For a while there it was $299, so now they're sold out.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Balls.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Looks like bestbuy.com has both gray and neon in stock right now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

Just put it to sleep. You lose the benefit of fast wake if you power off.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No wonder the Japanese don't have any. They were all shipped to the US for Splatoon 2.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Manticore posted:

Looks like bestbuy.com has both gray and neon in stock right now.

Got a Switch, Splatwon, and Puyo Puyo Tetris coming my way sometime in the next week oh god oh god oh god

Controllers aren't covered by GCU anymore though, boo. Guess I will have to get a Pro one from Amazon and use my reward bucks there.

Has anyone tried these things? Do they make the joycons any more comfortable to use?
https://www.amazon.com/FastSnail-Jo...o%2Bswitch&th=1

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 21, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Guys Switches went back in stock at Amazon and Best Buy today, and didn't immediately sell out. Nintendo is doomed again.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

My local Best Buy told me that they hold a lot of Switches for Sunday because when a big game comes out, it's in the Sunday ad.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

more controller questions:

Should I hold out for this? on the one hand it's wired and I haven't had a wired controller since the PS2, on the other hand it's half the price of the official. But Hori is supposed to be the quality third party manufacturer, right?
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Swi...+pro+controller

edit: No motion control, never mind.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No nfc, rumble, or gyro either. It's half priced because it's missing most of the features.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It took me a bit to get used to the joycons but it's been no big deal.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

You probably don't want a wired controller in this day and age, plus it has no gyro or anything.

I would suggest seeing how you get on with the joycons + grip. I find it comfortable enough to play with. If you're feeling the need for a new controller, grab the official Pro.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

raditts posted:

more controller questions:

Should I hold out for this? on the one hand it's wired and I haven't had a wired controller since the PS2, on the other hand it's half the price of the official. But Hori is supposed to be the quality third party manufacturer, right?
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Swi...+pro+controller

edit: No motion control, never mind.

If you're concerned about hand size or whatever, just get the official Pro Controller. It's nice and comfortable (I got the Splatoon-themed one today myself) and the buttons are much bigger than on the JoyCons.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Thank you. This Twitter is both highly interesting and often hilarious to me.

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/859125419550924802

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Nintendo is clearly exploiting the supply to create demand, the Switch is doomed!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

splatoon 2 is great and i love the new maps

GoldfishStew posted:

You're clearly being fallacious but I dont expect much from someone who throws around the term "white trash" (I also don't expect someone who can afford to buy access post in an Internet forum about $300 dollar video game consoles to get why that phrase is uncouth but I digress).
:suezo:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quest For Glory II posted:

splatoon 2 is great and i love the new maps

:suezo:

I kinda think they should've padded the initial map count with a few more classics from the first game because the rotations occur every two hours instead of four, but the new ones are just great across the board.

Why they put Moray Towers in the launch lineup, or kept it at all, is beyond me though.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

GreenNight posted:

My local Best Buy told me that they hold a lot of Switches for Sunday because when a big game comes out, it's in the Sunday ad.

Huh?

Wait the Switch is in the Sunday ad or the game? Cuz the game was in last weekend's ad.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

raditts posted:

Has anyone tried these things? Do they make the joycons any more comfortable to use?
https://www.amazon.com/FastSnail-Jo...o%2Bswitch&th=1

I have these, yeah I bust them out for multiplayer. Definetely worth it. They feel good. The only downside is that it only works to press the inside half of the triggers (towards the center of the controller). Pushing along the outside edge doesn't work. But once you tell your dumb friends that, they get it.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Nintendo is so backwards. They make fantastic games, which is pretty hard to do, but mightily gently caress up their voice chat functionality, which should be way easier to do.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I kinda think they should've padded the initial map count with a few more classics from the first game because the rotations occur every two hours instead of four, but the new ones are just great across the board.

Why they put Moray Towers in the launch lineup, or kept it at all, is beyond me though.
as a former long-time team fortress 2 player, i'm not used to the maps getting BETTER over time

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Do you guys get better results calling into Amazon to receive credit for late items rather than through their chat? Chat people are being super stingy only offering me 1 month of prime or a $7.25 credit. Splatoon 2 WHENNNN Amazon.

edit: calling in works best

Housh fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 21, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No nfc, rumble, or gyro either. It's half priced because it's missing most of the features.

I don't really care if the 4th player in Mario Kart has no rumble

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I don't really care if the 4th player in Mario Kart has no rumble

You're a bad host

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“Zelder”" post="“474590238”"]
You’re a bad host
[/quote]

It’s a long standing tradition to have a lovely 3rd party controller for the last player to get to your place.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zelder posted:

You're a bad host

:yeah:

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Hi friends, I'm at Comic Con and about to play some Mario Odyssey. I'll report back in afterwards

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Splatwon is great. I'm glad there's a PvE mode now. I'm having more fun with that than I am Turf War. I had already traded Splatoon 1 away by the time it got its new modes, though, so I've yet to try those...

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s a long standing tradition to have a lovely 3rd party controller for the last player to get to your place.

Also younger siblings (childhood) and nephews/nieces (adulthood)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Agreed op, just. Fuckin. Agreed

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There's enough 8bitdo controllers to go around

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Almost a month away from the Switch finally getting a good game!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Stardew is dropping on the same day as Mario X Rabbids?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sorry but splatoon 2 owns

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
If any members of the press wanna offload their Splatoon 2 OST Selection vinyl, please send me a PM. TIA

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I got both Bayonetta amiibos and also I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Splatoon 2 comes with a reversible cover.

Once again, buying physical is the superior choice

• Locked thread