Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

We Hate Movies: Jim Ross's Commentary Track for the Seventh Seal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Picked the Space Jam episode as your intro to the show, I see.

That one's really good though.

Also, the presidential power ranking digression was really great, and I love that their depiction of Bush Sr is basically him from The Simpsons episode where he becomes Homer's neighbour.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The Vosgian Beast posted:

This poster just loves shitposting in Negrotown.

What the hell is this

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/8...p%3Fforumid%3D1

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Apes-Ma posted:

That one's really good though.
That didn't stop the ridiculous and hilarious backlash from listeners who don't get the show.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'd recommend Mortal Kombat, Timecop, Hard Target, maybe one of the Highlander movies. Yes I like Chris Lambert and JCVD, so what. Maybe one of the Jaws? There's good episodes for starters.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Was Jaws the revenge the first instance of shark voice?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
they're kinda high on that Cate Blanchett Indiana Jones performance huh...it's not like Oldman would've been better cuz he's better at chewing scenery, he's just a better/more fun actor. All I remember from her performance was a mediocre hammy accent. It's not like she wasn't trying to be a fun villain. Not that you can blame her for anything, it wasn't a good movie.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, it was not a good performance. Indiana Jones is legit my favorite movie series ever, and I'm willing to forgive any transgression. Cate Blanchett was a one-note ham same as they say Gary Oldman would be.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

7c Nickel posted:

I've seen this recommended in a couple of places so I decided to listened to a few episodes. I honestly kind of hate the hosts now. They seem to devout no attention span or intellectual patience to anything they watch, but also somehow manage to be condescending and dismissive for anything they don't already know. Just unpleasant, negative jackasses.

I wasn't onboard with them the first time I listened either. :)

Real film analysis gives way to jokes and comedy. They're not going to double check facts on the internet before making jokes, they're going to make them and if they get something wrong about say the specific genre of Diablo II, it's fine. You gotta be on board with these guys tearing up some movies, even movies you might think are good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd be annoyed if they double checke facts online because sometimes them misremembering something leads to hilarious tangeants or the inception of a new character or something.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The episode they did on The Core would be a lot less funny if they got on wikipedia and found out that the earth's core is actually 9000 degrees.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

That didn't stop the ridiculous and hilarious backlash from listeners who don't get the show.

I still love Steven working out a better line up for the Looney Tunes team than the one they had

Seriously where WAS that big red monster?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Ror posted:

The episode they did on The Core would be a lot less funny if they got on wikipedia and found out that the earth's core is actually 9000 degrees.

Pretty sure they took greater issue with the suit only withstanding 4500 degrees. Far more about the ratio than the absolute numbers.

"The ice in his lemonade melts" lmao

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The Core got ruined by a guy who wanted it to be 80% bullshit, instead of 100% bullshit

Seriously it was gonna have dinosaurs, but the head writer shot it down because it wouldn't be realistic, like a dweeb

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/14288

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Is Air Force one a running joke movie? I'm not American so it wasn't on cable loops 24/7 for my childhood. I'd assumed that it was pretty well-looked at, it has a great cast and made a bunch of money.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

well why not posted:

Is Air Force one a running joke movie? I'm not American so it wasn't on cable loops 24/7 for my childhood. I'd assumed that it was pretty well-looked at, it has a great cast and made a bunch of money.

I absolutely love it, and I think yeah it's pretty well liked, so I was kinda surprised when it showed up on the show. But they like it too, and it's as easy to make fun of as any other "Die Hard On A..." style action movie.

I don't think it's been a running joke on the show.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I still love Steven working out a better line up for the Looney Tunes team than the one they had

Seriously where WAS that big red monster?

Tattooed on some fat guy's back

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

well why not posted:

Air Force One is a movie that only gets funnier and more enjoyable as you get older and become more disillusioned with politics.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"VIVIAN, GET IN HERE!!!" is one of my favorite bits in a while. Had me rolling.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
YOUR RUINING TRANSFORMER CHRISTMAS!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Sad that the guys didn't watch any of the behind the scenes footage of Vin recording his Groot lines. Dude wore stilts and said all the lines in all the languages.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gyges posted:

Sad that the guys didn't watch any of the behind the scenes footage of Vin recording his Groot lines. Dude wore stilts and said all the lines in all the languages.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. He was strangely committed to playing Groot. But if you didn't know that, it's easy to think he didn't have to do much.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Looking it up, Angel Has Fallen sounds like it's going to have a very similar concept to Air Force One.

Is Ben Asher more of a President Hotdog than James Marshall ?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Gyges posted:

Yeah, that couldn't possibly be a promotional video for the movie and not what actually happened.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Look, I love GOTG, but James Gunn said that Vin Diesel could do the baby Groot voice on his own without "much" modulation, to which I say: my entire rear end.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah i read that too. It's like four octaves above his regular speaking register but apparently it's him doing a voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS_8mCvPzzc

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

duz posted:

Yeah, that couldn't possibly be a promotional video for the movie and not what actually happened.

Vin Diesel is exactly the type of dork to wear stilts and roleplay a sentient tree who says one phrase, and do it in multiple languages.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Falling for some PR bullshit. Just like when they were saying Gal Gadot and Chris Pine improv-ed that entire scene in Wonder Woman.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I think their Jack Palance is underrated and one of my new favorites. I relisten to the Tango & Cash episode for it and I've never seen the movie. "Go sleep in a church!" and making GBS threads in a Starbucks bathroom is primo.

I'm really hoping that Jaws: The Revenge is re-released during summer reruns. I've said it before a few weeks ago, but it's pretty dang good and a perfect summer movie.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I hope this new "gently caress you X" guy from the new animation damnation becomes a recurring character.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Their George C. Scott is more Nick Nolte than anything else, but their Nolte is my favourite impression of theirs so I ain't complaining.

"NO, NO THAT'S A RHOMBUS, I WANT THEM IN A DIAMOND!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Violator posted:

I think their Jack Palance is underrated and one of my new favorites. I relisten to the Tango & Cash episode for it and I've never seen the movie. "Go sleep in a church!" and making GBS threads in a Starbucks bathroom is primo.
I'm actually relistening to the Tango & Cash episode today, mainly for the "Russel Rules" fake podcast.

"Welcome back to RUSSEL RULESI'mincrediblylonely. This week we're going to talk about..."

It also has the great moment where Andrew learns about Jeff Dunham's racist Mexican puppet.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Gyges posted:

Vin Diesel is exactly the type of dork to wear stilts and roleplay a sentient tree who says one phrase, and do it in multiple languages.

Vin Diesel is gonna roll all tens on Eric's coffin

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Between their constant talk of hangover movies and tall glasses of water these fellas like to get F'd up

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Yaws posted:

Between their constant talk of hangover movies and tall glasses of water these fellas like to get F'd up

They're thirty-something year-old film studies New Yorkers

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yaws posted:

I mean, they watch garbage movies for a living, I would too in the circumstances.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean, they watch garbage movies for a living, I would too in the circumstances.

Especially Andrew, who's there for every episode. I don't blame him for indulging in some beers and tall glasses of water.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
They still have day jobs, even. Andrew works at the Jacob Burns film center and teaches there i guess too or somewhere else? Cabin is a writer for Collider and part time bestiality enthusiast. No clue about Sajdak and Syszka, but they've alluded to stuff that makes it sound like they have normal office jobs.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Yaws posted:

I've always wondered how they procure their drugs.

I'm not up on the current state of New York drug culture. Does Steve have to cruise the back alleys of New York for dealers or can you just use an app like SkipTheDishes to get someone to hand deliver the stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

tin can made man posted:

No clue about Sajdak and Syszka, but they've alluded to stuff that makes it sound like they have normal office jobs.

do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life