Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If I don't care about game audio through the headset, can I use any headset with the app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
This game is good even though I have no loving clue what I’m doing.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Is there any way to swap "map" and "jump" button mappings? Muscle memory is owning me hard.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So, ability chunks. Basically if you have a piece of armor with Main Ink+, and you scrub it, you get a Main Ink+ chunk. 10 chunks = you can put it on any slot you want. So getting your dream gear means getting the desired attribute 10x per slot. So a chest where you want to get the same thing 3x means you'll keep rererolling it until you get 1-2 of the desired attribute and then reroll the last with chunks - drinks and food can help you get the ones you want as well. Much, much, much better way of crafting gear overall. Very expensive tho.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Brought my switch to a friend's work and can do everything except actually join a match, I figure some udp ports are blocked.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Americans: it's real
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/888498175379554306

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
... huh, are the NA & EU splatfests going to be unified this time around? Maybe they felt the EU playerbase alone was a little small?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
team bland vs team blander

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Team Mustard

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dick Boat posted:

Team Mustard

:confused:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

SpaceDrake posted:

... huh, are the NA & EU splatfests going to be unified this time around? Maybe they felt the EU playerbase alone was a little small?

The player bases are still separated as per the demo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Spacebump posted:

If I don't care about game audio through the headset, can I use any headset with the app?

Yeah or you could just use discord?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SpaceDrake posted:

They're partitioned but we have the same splatfest themes.

Meanwhile Japan is special and gets their own themes :japan: :effort:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate the single player level where you have to ride on the big zamboni so much

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hate the single player level where you have to ride on the big zamboni so much

It's a pain in the rear end getting it where you want it

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
So is anybody doing the right thing and playing this with inverted system colors?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Huh, I don't particularly like either, but I like sauces that are adjacent to mayo, so team mayo then?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's a pain in the rear end getting it where you want it

Throw Splat bomb, they straight for that over the ink.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I changed my motion controls to max sensitivity and it actually feels a lot better now.

Also holy poo poo are there some mouthbreathers on salmon run.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Frankston posted:

Also holy poo poo are there some mouthbreathers on salmon run.

FOR REAL. How did you get 0 eggs the entire match? How?

Nintendo even made everybody play a tutorial and some people still don't know what's up. Agh.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Yeah Salmon Run is funny right now. Glowfly rounds mean almost certain death in my experience while sometimes you'll get 3 rounds of easy bosses.

Almost the charger is not fun to use on a horde mode. I can get some quick boss kills but I feel like it needs those quick water balloon grenades instead of the regular ones to kill the chaff that gets on you.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
How much does everyone love this on switch? should I get it?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just had a rainmaker match where my team refused to push forward with the rainmaker and just ran back towards our base whenever we had it. loving hell.

Also, does turf war ever show up in ranked?

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

Frankston posted:

Nope

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Frankston posted:

I don't think so. It never did in Splatoon 1. I like to think of Splatfest as ranked turf war.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Huh, ok. There's the incentive to play regular battles then I guess.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Milosh posted:

How much does everyone love this on switch? should I get it?

It'll end up as one of the console's best games. It's really a fresh and unique take on multiplayer shooters that can't be compared to any other game.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Trip report: Splatoon 2 cart does not taste like squid

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Are you 700 pounds? Or 7 years old? Feel free to pick one or the other in the Mayo vs Ketchup splatfest

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is anyone having issues with the camera not resetting properly when in handheld mode? I would like to play this laying down but unless the handset is angled downwards I spend the whole time looking at the sky.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is anyone having issues with the camera not resetting properly when in handheld mode? I would like to play this laying down but unless the handset is angled downwards I spend the whole time looking at the sky.

That's what the Y button is for. Press it when in a comfortable neutral position. I'm not sure how well motion will work if you're laying down straight though.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Ketchup is gonna win so hard. Kids love ketchup. It's the base of any kid's food pyramid.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SeANMcBAY posted:

That's what the Y button is for. Press it when in a comfortable neutral position. I'm not sure how well motion will work if you're laying down straight though.

It doesn't work if you're laying down for some reason.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

There's an upper and lower limit on the gyro. After a certain point you can't use that as the center

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Twist And Pout! posted:

Ketchup is gonna win so hard. Kids love ketchup. It's the base of any kid's food pyramid.

I wish it was mustard vs. ketchup. Mustard owns and is one of the few condiments that isn't disgustingly unhealthy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Twist And Pout! posted:

Having mass popularity can backfire if the people who pick the other side are really good.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wish it was mustard vs. ketchup. Mustard owns and is one of the few condiments that isn't disgustingly unhealthy.

:same:

So many good mustards. Dijon mustard, spicy mustard, honey mustard.

So much more flavor.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Maybe I'm too impatient but it's painful how long it takes after a match is over to get into a new one.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Salmon Run is so drat fun

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Salmon Run is intense. When you have multiple bosses throwing bombs, missiles, and stingraying you at the same time... I just ranked up to part-timer and assume it's just going to get crazier.

Also, the music with the laughing when you're picking a matchmaking option/checking points is quite something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Singleplayer is good, but I can't get into matches on my work's wifi. I feel so unfresh wandering around the plaza in the newbie gear :smith: