Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hey, wait a second. I own a PSVR headset, and I've never played this game before!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Well in this prisoner episode, 6 was number 6.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Episodes like this always remind me of the Batman Animated Series where Batman is trapped in a dream machine, specifically when hes tipped off its a dream because he can't read anything and kills himself to wake himself up ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perchance_to_Dream_(Batman:_The_Animated_Series)

Android is going to realize something is up though when shes not charged up completely during her cycle and tries to track down the possible errors as to why that is.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hungry for bacon flavored dehydrates?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wow, this episode was just painfully obvious. And it's such a cliché plot, too. Maybe once it was clever, but now whenever it happens it's just a wasted episode. It's so overdone that even the multiple fake-outs aren't convincing. And in this case we didn't even have any reason to care about whether the bad guys got the information they're after, because it wouldn't directly affect any of the main characters. The only thing we got out of it was that Six apparently had a family, but he decided not to contact them anyway, so what's the point?

ShakeZula posted:

I got the impression it was Sarah in control of the android
That's my assumption, but it could just as easily be some as-yet unknown entity that they'll end up fighting in a couple of episodes.

Blackchamber posted:

Episodes like this always remind me of the Batman Animated Series where Batman is trapped in a dream machine, specifically when hes tipped off its a dream because he can't read anything
I assumed that was what was happening with the computer screen and pill bottle, but the option they went with was just as dumb. If he looked at the screen expecting to see certain information there, shouldn't his subconscious have just filled it in? That "we didn't set the detail level high enough" excuse doesn't really make sense if all the information is coming from his brain anyway.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Joke's on you, the entire season is just them trapped in a simulation. This was just a simulation in the simulation.

It's Dallas all over again

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Tiggum posted:

I assumed that was what was happening with the computer screen and pill bottle, but the option they went with was just as dumb. If he looked at the screen expecting to see certain information there, shouldn't his subconscious have just filled it in? That "we didn't set the detail level high enough" excuse doesn't really make sense if all the information is coming from his brain anyway.

He doesn't have a huge medical background so if his brain just filled it with random information it would still be a red flag to him, especially if it wasn't even medical looking text. If I'm playing devils advocate here perhaps the process they are using to probe his mind requires parts of his brain to be less active to work well, sort of letting them focus on a certain part of the mind/memories and that they are suppressing the other parts at the risk of the mind noticing the missing areas and in this case they had dulled it too much in their focus that it came at the cost of fine details?

science fiction!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Roger Cross has a small part in the new Planet of the Apes movie but it makes sense, seeing as they filmed that scene in Vancouver forest. He probably just wandered onto set one day.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

muscles like this! posted:

Roger Cross has a small part in the new Planet of the Apes movie but it makes sense, seeing as they filmed that scene in Vancouver forest. He probably just wandered onto set one day.

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

He probably made his classic confused face when he did this.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He probably has a cabin out there by now.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Invalid Validation posted:

He probably has a cabin out there by now.

Yeah it was definitely a squatters rights issue, he technically owned their set.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
NEW DIRECTIVE:

MALFUNCTION AND KILL

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Explains the killer robot vibe from earlier in the season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

ComicCon

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I love that the two "stoic badass" characters look like the biggest dorks in real life

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Dunno what you mean.

Oh.

More: https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2017/07/20/july-20-2017-heads-up-dark-matter-at-sdcc/

Mniot
May 22, 2003
Not the one you know
Aw, I feel bad for Ryo. He's got this happy laid-back dude inside, but he's trapped in a screaming ball of stress.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Hot Chocolate

While providing safe transport for some allies, The Raza comes under attack from within.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Four has good taste in shirts.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo there's a Dark Matter thread? I was wondering why this wasn't getting discussed much in the Stargate thread.

Anyway, Roger Cross is an awesome dude who came to Tacoma's tiny Comic show this last October, he is super hilarious in person, and also he looks like twenty years younger than on the show. He also almost stole my girlfriend (not really but if he did she woulda gone). Well that's my Dark Matter story, thanks for listening.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You'd think with all the times the Android has been compromised they would have come up with a plan for this occasion.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Emperor Ishida is benevolent :japan: until he threatened to keep coming after the crew even if they destroyed the blink drive because he has to be a cartoon villain

:stonklol: holy poo poo Five casually talking about turning that hacker dude into a loving vegetable

You'd think with all the times the Android has been compromised they would have come up with a plan for this occasion.

Hot chocolate!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Hacker man's locked-in.

Yeeesh.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Emperor Ishida is benevolent :japan: until he threatened to keep coming after the crew even if they destroyed the blink drive because he has to be a cartoon villain

:stonklol: holy poo poo Five casually talking about turning that hacker dude into a loving vegetable

Hot chocolate!

always great when show takes a massive tone dive but never address it again

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Can we really be bothered to CGI this space battle sequence?
gently caress it, just have the Android narrate it.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
3 seasons in and I still don't remember any of their number names, yet somehow I can remember their actual names, anytime they talk on coms I'm like wait which one is 5.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Awwww poo poo! A fish-out-of-water time travel episode next week.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Gonz posted:

12 Monkeys and The Expanse are the best two Syfy shows right now.

I will dropkick the solarplexus of anyone who says otherwise.

:argh: after school, 3pm, flagpole.

12 Monkeys characters flipped around like hypocritical pancakes every season, then suddenly everyone is jumping back and forth in time like it's islands on a map and not a different point in time.

Show got real dumb real fast, even though I watched up until the last 3 episodes.

Couldn't take it anymore, and way better shows had new seasons coming back.

Dark matter chat: show owns even though they seemed to tangent way off from the whole memory loss thing.

Ups_rail posted:

Dark Matter tries to have a over arching plot...but they keep introducing threads and droping them like the will wheaton evil guy, who built android, alternative universe copies, war etc.

They need to have an introduction and a loving pay off.

This.

This show and Killjoys are great. Killjoys has stayed on topic pretty well, Pree is the loving poo poo, the banter is good, and it's really fun.

Dark Matter has incredible music, great casting, cool and fun ideas, but little payoff, and Ryo is a loving drag. He's just a big loving baby throwing space tantrums. :qq: I hope the doubles kill him off so I don't have to watch him whine every time someone gives him advice he both asked for, and doesn't want.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Dark Matter has incredible music, great casting, cool and fun ideas, but little payoff, and Ryo is a loving drag. He's just a big loving baby throwing space tantrums. :qq: I hope the doubles kill him off so I don't have to watch him whine every time someone gives him advice he both asked for, and doesn't want.
One was the worst character, obviously, but Four wasn't far behind and turning into Ryo has not helped. But hey, at least we found out who Space Japan is actually at war with last episode. Although it kind of seems a bit like one EU nation going to war with another and all the rest just sitting it out, which would be weird.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Holy poo poo, Ryo really is a space baby. His entire plot is "what if some kid had a gi Joe and it was really cool and you wanted it real bad. but he wouldn't give it to you? That's not fair right? How come he gets it but I don't? That's why you should join me and beat up the Raza kids to take their toys."

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Tiggum posted:

One was the worst character, obviously, but Four wasn't far behind and turning into Ryo has not helped. But hey, at least we found out who Space Japan is actually at war with last episode. Although it kind of seems a bit like one EU nation going to war with another and all the rest just sitting it out, which would be weird.

I totally forgot about One :v: I think the same part of why I started to like this show. I figured he was the main protagonist since he was the first to wake up, then when he was killed off, I felt like the show was going to be kind of Game of Thrones-y in that any character could potentially get wiped from the slate at any time.

I really liked when Ryo was Four. He was the cool headed, stoic one that could bring some :japan: wisdom and insight to the craziness of the rest of them.

I'm still convinced the whole crew are robots with the human implant Android has. :awesomelon: it would explain how the ship knocked them out simultaneously, Two's nanites, Fives presence on the ship, and all their memory loss.

Blackchamber posted:

Episodes like this always remind me of the Batman Animated Series where Batman is trapped in a dream machine, specifically when hes tipped off its a dream because he can't read anything and kills himself to wake himself up ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perchance_to_Dream_(Batman:_The_Animated_Series)

YES! Me too! :respek: That show was so god damned great. DC needs to get off their rear end and make Mark Hammil The Joker in a live action Batman already. :colbert:

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 25, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I'm still convinced the whole crew are robots with the human implant Android has. :awesomelon: it would explain how the ship knocked them out simultaneously, Two's nanites, Fives presence on the ship, and all their memory loss.

Turns out, everyone's robots. The Raza crew, Space Japan, the corporations, everyone. The whole thing is just robots who forgot they were robots (and some robots who remember that they're robots, and also other robots who remember that they're robots but don't want to be robots).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Just as an aside, but Zoie Palmer really deserves major props for all the subtle little changes in emotion she manages with the Android's base personality. It's a very hard thing to pull of going from generally calm and endearing to quietly malevolent when you have to keep calm and composed at the same time.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
have you seen lost girl (good if you havent, trust me)? she was born to play android

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just as an aside, but Zoie Palmer really deserves major props for all the subtle little changes in emotion she manages with the Android's base personality. It's a very hard thing to pull of going from generally calm and endearing to quietly malevolent when you have to keep calm and composed at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=662m47QM9zM

There are over 2 DOOOOOOOOOZEN reasons why Android is the best character on the show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Isn't That a Paradox?

When the Blink Drive self activates during a diagnostic, the Raza and its crew are transported through space and time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Android is way too into this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Show really needs to do more goofy episodes like this one. 2's dog face, Android's obsession with the past, characters actually having fun and not just constantly scowling at everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Show really needs to do more goofy episodes like this one. 2's dog face, Android's obsession with the past, characters actually having fun and not just constantly scowling at everything.

That's the actress' actual dog guest-starring :v:.

• Locked thread