Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastGhost

20% cooler

SKELETONWORLD
RULES: You will play a party of Skeletons whos quest is to find Skeleton Love. to find Skeleton Love you have to collect 6 Magic Keys to open the Magic Door. There is a 10% chance that every human has the key. the only way to get a Magic Key from a human is to
SCARE THE PANTS OFF OF THEM
MAKE EM LAUGH
or KILL THEM

YOU HAVE 5 STATS (roll 1d100 for each)
1) Backbones - how much stuff you can carry + HP you have
2) Funnybones - your ability to tickle ribs
3) Death-Causing - how easily you can cause humans to die
4) Armor
5) Skeleton Charisma - the most intriguing of all skeleton stats

Different skeletons have different powers. Please choose a skeleton from the list
1. ARMOR SKELETON
+16.6% increase of Armor Class per level. the Armor Skeleton can use any types of armor or weapons as long as it is rusty and gross or glowing. Armor Skeleton can hide in barrels, chests or suits of armor with perfect success, but moves 50% slower than humans.
2. MUSIC SKELETON
+16.6% Skeleton Charisma and Funnybones per level. Music Skeleton can play any instrument as long as the instrument is a saw, violin, piano, ukele, banjo, another skeleton’s ribs, his/her own ribs, or any other instrument. Music Skeleton can hide inside pianos and tuba cases with perfect success.
3. SEXY SKELETON
+23.3% Skeleton Charisma per level. Sexy Skeleton can wear any type of wig but has no other powers.
4. DANCIN’ SKELETON
+16.6% Skeleton Charisma per level. Dancin’ Skeleton can use any type of top hat, regular hat, cane, and/or any type of shoes which include clogs and tap-dancing shoes. Dancin’ Skeleton can perform a dance which hypnotizes humans unless they pass a Will Save of 25 + Skeleton Charisma Modifier of the Dancin’ Skeleton. Dancin’ Skeleton can hide in the ceiling or behind a curtain.
5. JACK SKELLINGTON of ALL TRADES
no bonuses to stats but you can use any items including chains. and make a mournful howl or a dance routine.
6. NECROMANCER SKELETON
makes more Skeletons. Every turn, the Necromancer Skeleton can create up to 1d7 more Skeletons who should be distributed equally among the Players (aka the Boners, as they are called in SKELETONWORLD). the new Skeletons should be rolled up as normal skeletons. Necromancer Skeleton can use any types of robes, witch hats, other hats, magic wands, staffs and daggers but gets no stat bonuses.

ENEMIES
There is a 33.3% chance of humans per room.
HUMANS PER ROOM (1d4)
1. 1 human
2. 1 human
3. 1d6 humans
4. 3d20 humans

HUMAN TYPES (1d6)
1. Small Human: 16 HP, -33.3 vs. Scares, does 1d4 damage per turn, +25 to Notice
2. Big Human (cowardly): 50 HP, -33.3 vs Scares, 1d12 damage
3. Big Human (normal): 50 HP, +16.6 vs Scares, 1d12 damage
4. Dumb Human: 33 HP, +50 vs Scares, -50 vs Notice, 1d10 damage
5. Old Human: Automatically gets the Willies! but cannot dance, 1d6 damage
6. Normal Human: 30 HP, 1d8 damage

SETTING
SKELETONWORLD is a series of rooms, which many of which have objects inside and some of them humans. roll randomly to determine these objects.

HOW THIS GAME WILL BE PLAYED
We will need AT LEAST 4 players (or BONERS) to start, though new skeletons will be given to any other forums member that wants in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

bump because we have a lot of good threads floating around and i don't want this one to get lost

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

ToastGhost

20% cooler

FluffieDuckieSkeleton, the Dancing Skeleton!
BB - 58
FB - 44
DC - 55
Armor - 70
SC - 96!!

FluffieDuckie(Skeleton), you find yourself at a HAPPENING SKELETON PARTY

Though fortunately, (or unfortunately), there seem to be no humans in this room! Just a lot of dancing skeletons and a skeleton band playing swing-bone.

City of Glompton

I've always wanted to be a bone bud is this my chance?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

ToastGhost

20% cooler
Yes, I'll even let you choose your skeleton class.

Other undead are welcome ITT but may be met with skeleton prejudices (skelejudices)

Darkman Fanpage
im a skellington

ToastGhost

20% cooler

Darkman Fanpage posted:

im a skellington

DARKSKELETONMAN FANPAGE THE JACK SKELLINGTON OF ALL TRADES
BB - 46
FB - 60
DC - 53
Armor - 97!!
SC - 4

You are not a very charismatic skeleton, but you are very tough from years of calcium. You also have a Small Bottle of Perfume and a Rabbit Fur Sword Scabbard, two items which may come in handy!!

There are six exits from this skeleton room, one in each cardinal direction and then up and down. You will have to climb on the table to get to the ceiling exit but it is currently occupied by a number of skeletons doing a dance routine.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
bone me wait ew that came out wrong

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scaly Haylie

I like thick armor. Skeletonize me, cap'n!

City of Glompton

I'm a sexy skeleton, can't wait to get some hot new wigs to accentuate my cheek bones

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

City of Glompton posted:

I'm a sexy skeleton, can't wait to get some hot new wigs to accentuate my cheek bones

oh my gosh glompton, ur cheek bones are to die for :twisted:

----------------

ToastGhost

20% cooler

AverySpecialfriend posted:

bone me wait ew that came out wrong

A Very Skeletal Friend, the Music Skeleton
BB - 85
FB - 67
DC - 50
Armor - 20
SC - 55

Please secret proficiency in a skeleton instrument in addition to proficiency in playing other skeletons as instruments

City of Glompton posted:

City of Skeleton, the Sexy Skeleton (pictured above)
BB - 19
FB - 69
DC - 77
Armor - 42
SC - 80

Lizard Wizard posted:

I like thick armor. Skeletonize me, cap'n!

A Lizard Wizard Skeleton
BB - 98!!
FB - 61
DC - 77
Armor - 96!!
SC - 63

Sometimes you get a really powerful skeleton and that's just the breaks of skeleton world. :skeltal:

Also this is considered canon in the skeleton world multiverse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOGhAV-84iI

Warning SEVERE SPOOKS AHEAD FOR ALL AGES

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
i play the skeleton rib marimba also give me 2 extra points in funnybones bc 69 is a real rib tickler of a number

----------------

alnilam

Please to be making me skellington

Piso Mojado

whatts a d100, a club drug?

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
I'm done to bone. Ha it's a sex joke and skeleton pun

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit

Piso Mojado posted:

whatts a d100, a club drug?

yeah, and its the best one. its the reason..... im a skeleton!!!

----------------

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
i'm a sexy skeleton in real life, but can i be a music skeleton in the game?

Dog Kisser

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Yes skeleton for me please - I am currently a skeleton dressed as a human, but I think I'll get bored of it in 50 or 60 years.

alnilam

alnilam posted:

Please to be making me skellington

I want to be a dancin skeleton frog so i can be all "hello my baby hello me honey hello my ragtime gal"

ToastGhost

20% cooler

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

i'm a sexy skeleton in real life, but can i be a music skeleton in the game?

Olive Garden toFRIGHT! the Musical Skeleton
BB - 34
FB - 28
DC - 25
Armor - 24
SC - 86

Dog Kisser posted:

Yes skeleton for me please - I am currently a skeleton dressed as a human, but I think I'll get bored of it in 50 or 60 years.

Skull Kisser the Sexy Skeleton
BB - 66
FB - 12
DC - 93!
Armor - 15
SC - 90!

alnilam posted:

I want to be a dancin skeleton frog so i can be all "hello my baby hello me honey hello my ragtime gal"
Wow you already have a picture and everything. :eyepop:

Ulna-lam the Dancing (Frog) Skeleton
BB - 31
FB - 95!
DC - 43
Armor - 70
SC - 64

i play the skeleton rib marimba also give me 2 extra points in funnybones bc 69 is a real rib tickler of a number
You get those 2 points for pointing that out but don't expect any more handouts. You'll have to work for future skeleton levels and those often sought magic keys.

As a reminder for everyone, you are currently in a HAPPENING SKELETON PARTY with exits in EVERY DIRECTION!

There are no humans or keys in this room, but many a skeleton to talk to and various skeleton party goods like ROTTEN FOOD, SMELLY CIGARS, and OLD WINE. Objects in the room include a dining table, various mismatched chairs, and a coat rack with several large coats that could hide skeletons if there are not already some in there.

Don't forget the quest to find skeleton love!!

alnilam

I drink some old wine and then make a joke, "ahh, a fine vintage... tastes just like the swamp water i grew up in" *swirls wine around in glass casually*

City of Glompton

I search the room for a wig, anything will do.

ToastGhost

20% cooler

alnilam posted:

I drink some old wine and then make a joke, "ahh, a fine vintage... tastes just like the swamp water i grew up in" *swirls wine around in glass casually*

You splash it all over your ribs when you drink, and you can't actually taste it but you think you remember how wine usually tastes which is good enough, then you tell your joke which (1d100 = 23) definitely TICKLES THE RIBS of the nearby skeletons, who all laugh and hop around and drink/splash more wine around.

I should mention for most rolls you are trying to roll under your stats to succeed, meaning you will succeed more if you have high stats.

alnilam

I ask my new fridnds from my joke"say do any of you know where i can come any hats shoes or wigs" / then i skele-wink at City of Skeleton to indicate the wig is for her if i get one

ToastGhost

20% cooler
d100 = 1!! CRITICAL SUCCESS

A very handsome skeleton smoking a cigarette answers your question.

"You should try the skeleton dressing room. Just head down through the trapdoor under the table. Just watch out for any humans!"

"And by watch out for I mean KILL."

alnilam

oooh thank you my friend :) what's your skele-name btw, I'm Ulna-lam *does a little jig that ends in sort of a nice to meet you bow*

ToastGhost

20% cooler
"Just call me... V." He says, before taking a long drag of his cigarette and letting all the smoke come out of his eyes and nose. "Enjoy the party." He skele-winks back.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
i tickle some ribs, but like in the tickle the keys sense which is a weird way some people say play the piano, so i play some ribs

----------------

alnilam

V cool. I go to investigate/look at the trap door V spoke of, but i don't open it yet

ToastGhost

20% cooler

i tickle some ribs, but like in the tickle the keys sense which is a weird way some people say play the piano, so i play some ribs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXkQSiJG7fk&t=194s

alnilam posted:

V cool. I go to investigate/look at the trap door V spoke of, but i don't open it yet

You find it alright, right under the big dining table and covered with dust (like many things in skeleton world) with a big iron handle. You can probably slip down without disturbing the other guests, or if you want to open it all the way and knock the table over I'm sure some skeletons would get a kick out of all that inedible food and wine being wasted.

alnilam

I invite the rest of my party to come with me if they want and go get ready to slip in (waiting for party members b4 i do)

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I play a haunting skelody on my skelodeon while singing

WHERE ARE THE HUMANS AT/
I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND THEM/
NO FOR REAL, SOMEONE TELL ME/
I DESIRE MATERIAL POSSESSIONS

Scaly Haylie

i adjourn my literal chewing of the scenery to scuttle into the trap door.

ToastGhost

20% cooler

I play a haunting skelody on my skelodeon while singing

WHERE ARE THE HUMANS AT/
I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND THEM/
NO FOR REAL, SOMEONE TELL ME/
I DESIRE MATERIAL POSSESSIONS

Thank you for this spooky tune. There may be some under the trap door because a certain frog skeleton's human sense is going off :frogsiren:

Lizard Wizard posted:

i adjourn my literal chewing of the scenery to scuttle into the trap door.
You are the first into the SKELETAL DRESSING ROOM, a cramped place with coordinated metal and plush furniture arranged facing a wall of lights (some broken) and mirrors, with many skeletons in wigs applying make-up. The floor is carpeted and the walls are painted and decorated with a wallpaper border. There are many things adorning the counter on the side with the mirrors, including wigs in various natural colors, make-up of all descriptions, and a few skulls that seem to be detached from the rest of their skeleton. A slender skeleton in a turtleneck with an earpiece is talking loudly in a funny voice, "C'mon c'mon boys and ghouls, we need all dancers prepped for the stage and all sexy skeletons looking their absolute best! Get some more blush on those cheekbones!"

There are also a number of clothes piled on racks on the wall opposite the mirrors. There is a hole in that same wall, and one door (besides the trapdoor) leading out to the north. Not that any of you have a compass or would know that, yet.

There may be humans hiding in this room!!!

Scaly Haylie

i would like to crawl into the clothes pile and root around for something grody to wrap myself in like some kind of unpleasant dog sweater

alnilam

I'm going to pretend to be supposed to be in the show and start looking for good hats and shoes

if i should happen upon a human while looking i will keep it hush hush from the makeup npc skeles

Olive!

i look in the mirror to see if there's a human in there

City of Glompton

I thank ulnalam with a toothy grin and head down the trapdoor to search for the sexiest wig I can find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastGhost

20% cooler

Lizard Wizard posted:

i would like to crawl into the clothes pile and root around for something grody to wrap myself in like some kind of unpleasant dog sweater

You find not only clothes in the pile but a FILTHY HUMAN as well!!

A filthy DUMB human!!

He appears to be the only human in this room, and he makes a sign for you to keep quiet.

i look in the mirror to see if there's a human in there

no, only a beautiful skeleton looking at you

alnilam posted:

I'm going to pretend to be supposed to be in the show and start looking for good hats and shoes

if i should happen upon a human while looking i will keep it hush hush from the makeup npc skeles

You find some tap shoes that are enchanted to make the person dance until they have died at least one time, so they're just regular tap shoes for you.

City of Glompton posted:

I thank ulnalam with a toothy grin and head down the trapdoor to search for the sexiest wig I can find.

It is a voluptuous wavy red wig that'll give you an unknown bonus to your skeleton charisma

I forgot how busy it is to run a game, much less a skeletal adventure.

• Locked thread