Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Never played 1 but I'm loving 2. Game is good, Switch is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Frankston posted:

Maybe I'm too impatient but it's painful how long it takes after a match is over to get into a new one.

Doesn't seem longer than any other online shooter to me.:shrug:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Doesn't seem longer than any other online shooter to me.:shrug:

I'm just used to overwatch I guess. Match finishes, esc, leave game, queue for next one in about 5 seconds

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i loving love ketchup

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I almost died in the first online match because I was distracted by this on a wall.:lol:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is this round of Salmon Run only until midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow night?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

bandaid.friend posted:

The most important team role is morale officer, your responsibilities are a) press the Booyah! button b)

:yeah:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Double posting to say salmon run's lobby screen AND ingame music is really good

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Ugh I hate ketchup and mayo

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This seriously plays and feels so much better for me now I've whacked motion sensitivity to full. Anyone struggling to get a feel for it like I was, maybe give it a try.

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Frankston posted:

Maybe I'm too impatient but it's painful how long it takes after a match is over to get into a new one.
Splatoon 1 let you play mini games on the wiiu pad while the lobby was on the TV.
I miss squid jump

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game has horrendous load times also.

That said how do you get to miiverse in this?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

You can submit drawings at the mailbox in the plaza.

I don't think there's any way to just browse.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That sucks oh well. Thanks.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Just ordered that fly as hell Satin Jacket off the Splatnet app and picked it up from Merch. Now I need some fly sunglasses and high tops and I can be every jock from 80's movies

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Granted, I am on digital but the load times did not seem any worse than any other game.

EDIT: Maybe it is worse on disk. Sorry, I do not mean to be that guy who goes "WELL I DO NOT EXPERIENCE THIS SO OBVIOUSLY THIS IS FALSE"

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 22, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I literally just Fresh'd this same post

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Just ordered that fly as hell Satin Jacket off the Splatnet app and picked it up from Merch. Now I need some fly sunglasses and high tops and I can be every jock from 80's movies

Yeah I have the same jacket so now I can be Ryan Gosling from Drive

A Real Human Bean

The glasses you're gonna want are the aviators but I haven't seen them yet, there's also some wayfarers if you're a hipster

And this game is just chock full of high tops

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Humpback is like some loving pink panther cartoon poo poo. Like one dude running around the outside painting it blue and another dude going over everything behind him with pink

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you really not leave matchmaking once you enter? :laffo:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Granted, I am on digital but the load times did not seem any worse than any other game.

EDIT: Maybe it is worse on disk. Sorry, I do not mean to be that guy who goes "WELL I DO NOT EXPERIENCE THIS SO OBVIOUSLY THIS IS FALSE"

don't engage with brosephine lol

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

The username on that banner is Fobwashed, but is it the real Fobwashed?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Can you really not leave matchmaking once you enter? :laffo:

No. Sit, and wait. Maybe look at stuff on your phone whilst you wait.

Unless you're using the app in which case you cant, haha.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Beelzebozo posted:

The username on that banner is Fobwashed, but is it the real Fobwashed?
Yes

Goddam it Amazon, I wish you wouldn't push the "deliver by 8pm" deadline EVERY FREAKIN' TIME

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Haven't lost a salmon run yet and at 150% or so.

I did come really close once though because our team was wiping to double griller. When you're stuck with that lovely charger and you see double griller flying at *you* specifically it's genuine nightmare fuel.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Zelder posted:

don't engage with brosephine lol

"I sure hate these products!"
*keeps buying them*
*looks like a complete idiot*

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I guess we won't get different Splatfests for different regions anymore, huh?

Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Beastie posted:

Never played 1 but I'm loving 2. Game is good, Switch is good.

Switch purchase vindicated with this game

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Is there a Splatoon 2 specific Discord or just the Nintengoons one? Tried looking on the first page but wasn't seeing one.

EDIT: Oh wait, didn't realize Nintengoons had a Splatoon 2 specific text channel. Guess that answers that then.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Grizzco employee handbook and the salmonid field guide are hilarious. Check them out if you haven't already.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Edit: Sorry didn't mean to interact with Brosephine.

This has probably been asked a lot but where the hell is Murch?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to interact with Brosephine.

This has probably been asked a lot but where the hell is Murch?

Just to the right of the entrance to the main pvp area thingy

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
How do you use the gear earned from Salmon Run? It's not in my inventory. Do I have to talk to someone afterwards? Sorry if this has already been answered.

vvvvv Great thanks!

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 22, 2017

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

HiriseSoftware posted:

How do you use the gear earned from Salmon Run? It's not in my inventory. Do I have to talk to someone afterwards? Sorry if this has already been answered.

There is a kiosk outside

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i've come around a bit on the flyfish and steelhead salmonids in salmon run. they're still by far the worst of the bunch, i think flyfish being king poo poo overall, but they're not entirely unmanageable

flyfish's missile packs are open for a pretty generous time when firing so you're safe to take longer to line up your bomb tosses. that said it can be tough to coordinate who should throw the bomb when you don't have voice, so if everyone is trying to be the hero then nobody is covering the guy trying to toss the bomb in the first place and it makes throwing bombs much harder. flyfish can also spawn in EXTREMELY rude spots especially on high tide which makes him a colossal pain n the dick to take out

steelheads are 100% the charger's job and it sucks when you accidentally hit the brim of his hat. if i'm charger my number one priority are steelheads because i know what a gigantic waste of time it is to fight him with any other weapon. that said if the charger can actually aim steelheads tend to be non-issues since you can just one shot them

got up to the go-getter rank in salmon run. anyone know if your rank carries over between when salmon run is available?

edit: also it fuckin sucks rear end that flyfish seemingly can't be hit by specials when i think every other boss salmonid can, unless there's something i'm missing

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 22, 2017

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Kaubocks posted:

got up to the go-getter rank in salmon run. anyone know if your rank carries over between when salmon run is available?

The manual says yes it stays

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

i've come around a bit on the flyfish and steelhead salmonids in salmon run. they're still by far the worst of the bunch, i think flyfish being king poo poo overall, but they're not entirely unmanageable

flyfish's missile packs are open for a pretty generous time when firing so you're safe to take longer to line up your bomb tosses. that said it can be tough to coordinate who should throw the bomb when you don't have voice, so if everyone is trying to be the hero then nobody is covering the guy trying to toss the bomb in the first place and it makes throwing bombs much harder. flyfish can also spawn in EXTREMELY rude spots especially on high tide which makes him a colossal pain n the dick to take out

steelheads are 100% the charger's job and it sucks when you accidentally hit the brim of his hat. if i'm charger my number one priority are steelheads because i know what a gigantic waste of time it is to fight him with any other weapon. that said if the charger can actually aim steelheads tend to be non-issues since you can just one shot them

edit: also it fuckin sucks rear end that flyfish seemingly can't be hit by specials when i think every other boss salmonid can, unless there's something i'm missing

Two biggest problems in Salmon Run are flyfish and your teammates. Had a good group earlier and we had a good system of roller covering bombers for flyflish, but there are a few spawn points where you just physically can't get to them and have to just dodge the whole round. Glowflies is probably the easiest round, you just have the person attracting them stand on top and everyone else is free to shoot.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Man I am like a solid 4 ranks worse with joycon attached to portable switch than I am with pro controller on tv :\

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
My main request is like, a minimap or a compass so I can say "Salmon is coming in from the north-east" and have everyone know generally where I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Pack it up everyone, Splatoon 2 is over.

https://twitter.com/McBedtime/status/888505786518745088