Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

lifg posted:

The best metric is the number of bathrooms in your parents house.
Nope. http://www.emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-...al-research.pdf See table 1, page 412. Parental SES has a quite respectable correlation to outcomes of education, occupation, and income, but IQ has it beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Zemyla posted:

Whiteness + conservativism - empathy.

aw poo poo im a huger piece of crap than i thought i was <- notice the humblebrag

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Zemyla posted:

Whiteness + conservativism - empathy.

High IQ past the first standard deviation correlates strongly with liberalism or leftist beliefs though. And the average IQ of both self identified liberals and conservatives is about the same.

I mean that's literally what the research says, since I've read it, like an IQ obsessed rear end in a top hat.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ikanreed posted:

High IQ past the first standard deviation correlates strongly with liberalism or leftist beliefs though. And the average IQ of both self identified liberals and conservatives is about the same.

I mean that's literally what the research says, since I've read it, like an IQ obsessed rear end in a top hat.

He wasn't saying what IQ ACTUALLY means, though. He was saying what the kinds of people who make those "The world is getting dumber because there's more brown people!" charts THINK it means.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

He wasn't saying what IQ ACTUALLY means, though. He was saying what the kinds of people who make those "The world is getting dumber because there's more brown people!" charts THINK it means.

I know.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

ikanreed posted:

Aren't those two things incompatible? Unless low IQ also correlates with liberalism, to balance it out.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Strudel Man posted:

Aren't those two things incompatible? Unless low IQ also correlates with liberalism, to balance it out.

It, does, in fact, because poor people being hosed by the system tend to have liberal leanings and low iqs

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

:jerkbag:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pls animate that arrow

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Activity leads to disease, which is why I just sit on my rear end all day.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

I’m the floppy dick of lawful neutral.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Today I learned that Utah is lawful good

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

When looking at Lawful Good I keep seeing Stalin's face.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Count Roland posted:

When looking at Lawful Good I keep seeing Stalin's face.

it's just Utah

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Ah, the good ol "I'm sure Excel knows what it's doing" half rear end graph

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I think it's the only instance of "000's" I've ever seen.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Maybe they actually have zero subscribers and they wanted to make a technically-true graphic that looks amateurish instead of fraudulent.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Surely the legend is the greater horror, here.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

The Stalinist state of Utah vs Ancap New Mexico

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Dreddout posted:

The Stalinist state of Utah vs Ancap New Mexico

Not only possible, but likely!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Amazing.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

I honestly just stared at that for two minutes straight - every time I was about to give up making sense of it, something about it drew me in for another try.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

What is this? Doomed!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

It looks like it started as an attempt at a graphic representation of end times theology. God (upper thick line) exists forever, creates world and people (two lower lines, black for bad, white for good), god comes down to Earth, gets crucified (cross) allows good people into heaven. Tough luck, black arrow. Then comes down to fight battle of Armageddon (spears), later comes back again, judges people in hell, stays on Earth forever.

Then someone added the audio labels. Which make it surreal.

Tah-dah! Mystery solved.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

At least armageddon will sound great.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MrUnderbridge posted:

It looks like it started as an attempt at a graphic representation of end times theology. God (upper thick line) exists forever, creates world and people (two lower lines, black for bad, white for good), god comes down to Earth, gets crucified (cross) allows good people into heaven. Tough luck, black arrow. Then comes down to fight battle of Armageddon (spears), later comes back again, judges people in hell, stays on Earth forever.

Tah-dah! Mystery solved.

:aaaaa: of course.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
The beyond studio experience is supposed to be the good outcome, though. :(

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ZenMaster posted:

I got behind but this post is timely. 😧

First of all, I, like many others, was wrong, and so very, very sorry.

Second,

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

MrUnderbridge posted:

Tah-dah! Mystery solved.

I was thinking that it showed man can only reach heaven through Jesus and no matter how terrible you are, you can always turn to Jesus, until Judgement Day and the tribulation when no matter how good you try to be, if you still don't turn to Jesus, you are an unforgiven sinner and you are still not going to heaven.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

MrUnderbridge posted:

Tah-dah! Mystery solved.

I think the spears are actually arrows and that's supposed to be the Rapture.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

Right but then does that mean audio quality goes up or down?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Right but then does that mean audio quality goes up or down?

For the rest of us? Up. I hope the Muslims get taken in the rapture as well as whoever else goes. Nothing for or against them, it's just I used to live near a mosque and hearing the call to prayer early on a day off was kinda jarring.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Or that.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Outrail posted:

For the rest of us? Up. I hope the Muslims get taken in the rapture as well as whoever else goes. Nothing for or against them, it's just I used to live near a mosque and hearing the call to prayer early on a day off was kinda jarring.
For the rest of us? Up. I hope the catholics get taken in the rapture as well as whoever else goes. Nothing for or against them, it's just I used to live near a church and hearing the loving bells all the loving time was a huge nuisance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

HerStuddMuffin posted:

For the rest of us? Up. I hope the catholics get taken in the rapture as well as whoever else goes. Nothing for or against them, it's just I used to live near a church and hearing the loving bells all the loving time was a huge nuisance.

Are you agreeing or criticizing me? Coz that applies as well.