Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the complete impossibility of easily playing with friends in a pubic match and the lack of splitscreen make me baffled that Splatoon 2 is getting unanimous positive reviews. If a Call of Duty came out with this online featureset it would get loving savaged

currently three of us are trying to join on a fourth player's lobby, which means waiting for 3 people in their game to leave while we stare at a screen that says "waiting for a player slot to open up." If at any point any of us want to change our gear, we'll have to leave the lobby and rejoin, which could mean sitting through another round. This is literally indefensibly bad game design and I wish people would stop pretending it's some fun quirk of Nintendo

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

abraham linksys posted:

the complete impossibility of easily playing with friends in a pubic match and the lack of splitscreen make me baffled that Splatoon 2 is getting unanimous positive reviews. If a Call of Duty came out with this online featureset it would get loving savaged

The difference is that Splatoon 2 is a good game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played with a friend real easy today. Took 2:30 to get in.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Guy Goodbody posted:

ok, try overwatch, or halo, or titanfall, or literally any other shooter released in the last decade

there is no defense of this that isn't "nintendo is bad at online game design"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How do I get my Salmon Run polo shirt

It looks like I should've unlocked it at 200 points but it's not in my inventory

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

abraham linksys posted:

ok, try overwatch, or halo, or titanfall, or literally any other shooter released in the last decade

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

abraham linksys posted:

currently three of us are trying to join on a fourth player's lobby, which means waiting for 3 people in their game to leave while we stare at a screen that says "waiting for a player slot to open up." If at any point any of us want to change our gear, we'll have to leave the lobby and rejoin, which could mean sitting through another round. This is literally indefensibly bad game design and I wish people would stop pretending it's some fun quirk of Nintendo

I guess people got used to Nintendo being really terrible with online features or something.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Buca di Bepis posted:

How do I get my Salmon Run polo shirt

It looks like I should've unlocked it at 200 points but it's not in my inventory

Go to the hole in the wall next door to Grizzco

e: hole in the wall means counter. i forgot the word

bandaid.friend fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 22, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

ok, try overwatch, or halo
I'd rather not, thanks

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

When will we get Switch Music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw_Bd-13YCk

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want Switch Fit.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Spla2n really fucken owns.

e:

Comedy answer: Switch Airplane

Real answer: Switch Excite Truck

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guy Goodbody posted:

This just in, all shooters except Splatoon are apparently bad.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

abraham linksys posted:

It would be nice if they patched the normal battles to be like salmon run where you could create a lobby and leave it empty until your friends get in, then invite randoms. And it is unfortunate you can't switch gear in a lobby, but its not that much the end of the world either. :shrug:

Also, Halo 5 didn't have splitscreen either. Its unfortunate but the Switch has less power than other consoles so it especially makes sense as a necessary technical compromise.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 22, 2017

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

When will we get Switch Music

haven't been on the eshop since last week. does it have music yet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said a farewell to arms i dont see myself ever playing it again between splatoon and pokken this summer

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't think it's better than the good classic Harvest Moons like 64 and Friends of Mineral Town but it easily blows away the last decade of that series.
Yeah, to avoid the meme for a second, I don't think it'll beat out the old Harvest Moons and obviously I'd prefer Rune Factory 5 somehow magically starts existing, but Stardew is going to be good enough that I will be happy to buy it and play it and have a good time :shobon:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Real answer: Switch Excite Truck
:hellyeah:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bandaid.friend posted:

Go to the hole in the wall next door to Grizzco

e: hole in the wall means counter. i forgot the word

Thank you

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

s.i.r.e. posted:

This just in, all shooters except Splatoon and DOOM 2016 are definitely bad.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

It is indefensibly bad design, it's just that the game is fun enough that people like it anyway.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

abraham linksys posted:

the complete impossibility of easily playing with friends in a pubic match

Uh-oh, Nice Guy alert.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Doom 2016 on Switch when????

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Splatoon split-screen would be an atrocious experience, and I can't figure out why anyone would want it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Takoluka posted:

Splatoon split-screen would be an atrocious experience, and I can't figure out why anyone would want it.

Splatoon 1 had it with the screens literally split between the TV/pad and it was pretty bad. Still nice as an option though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Splatoon 1 had it with the screens literally split between the TV/pad and it was pretty bad. Still nice as an option though.

It only worked for 1v1 though :v: which was boring as poo poo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doom 2016 on Switch when????

I know this is a joke post and I laughed because Doom made my PS4 overheat. Didn't help that it was a launch model with two scoops of dust inside...

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's a Dream Daddy dating sim. It's by the Game Grumps. The joke is that there is no joke, they just commissioned a quality dating sim be made in their names. It's not a genre parody or anything.

So what's the goal in dream daddy? Do I have to create my own Dream Daddy? Will I also live my life in Dream Despair over thinking my Dream Son Might be too into Dream Fidget Spinners?

Or is the entire thing just "Game Grumps has their name on it so it's GOTY"

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

When is Super Smash Brothers going to be ported to the switch?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Rabid Snake posted:

https://youtu.be/iOSS6IpM_7o?t=38s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rabid Snake posted:

They have to find Sakurai first, and drag him back screaming

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey while you all were playing Splatoon SNES Classic prorders went up on Wal-Mart. Then their site went down. But it was up for like 20 minutes so that's a good sign.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rabid Snake posted:

We don't know but I'd make a bet on definitely next year when they won't be competing with themselves against Arms and Pokken.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I can't imagine them just doing a straight port of Smash from WiiU to Switch. At the very least they'll add a couple new characters and stages.

Which means probably late 2018 at the earliest.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zaphod42 posted:

I can't imagine them just doing a straight port of Smash from WiiU to Switch. At the very least they'll add a couple new characters and stages.

Which means probably late 2018 at the earliest.

I think it'll be a bit more involved than even just Smash 4 Deluxe. Sakurai will hurt himself putting in a huge amount of time into some new mode no one will even touch after the first day.:smith:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 22, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Super Smash bros deluxe, contains all DLC stuff in addition to two new fire emblem characters to promote their new game

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey let's not discount the party board in Smash for WiiU which no one touched even on the first day.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope they add in Ice Climbers and let Olimar have more than three Pikmin. Olimar went from being one of my favorites to rarely ever used between games.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think it'll be a bit more involved than even just Smash 4 Deluxe. Sakurai will hurt himself putting in a huge amount of time into some new mode no one will even touch after the first day.:smith:

Man I'm so sad that WiiU version doesn't have a basic N64 campaign. What is up with that. I'm sorry but that mode where you pick action figures and slam them against each other is just super dumb. :(

3DS has a normal campaign more or less but not WiiU because reasons.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

s.i.r.e. posted:

This just in, all shooters except Splatoon are apparently bad.

It's the Switch thread where people have never played a non-Nintendo console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what consoles do you recommend

• Locked thread