Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
This is my first time playing Rainmaker. It is very intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Should I be buying up every piece of gear available and unlocking the abilities on them?

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
I have no idea why they insist on doing some weird bell-curve on the gyro's y-axis so you can't use the y button to set whatever you aim at as the norm. Presumably Nintendo just hates my back or something.

Also if my teammates let me down any harder I'd have a concussion. Welcome back, Splatoon.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The top/first ability is permanent on gear still right? I haven't tried any of Murch's features yet

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lakbay posted:

The top/first ability is permanent on gear still right? I haven't tried any of Murch's features yet

yep

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The app is worth downloading just so you have access to Annie's Store, different gear and I bought 4 slot shoes

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Good to see 4 x 3 matches are still as common as ever

And that I'm still having the "shoot someone square in the face for essentially two full seconds and nothing happens and then they fire twice and I'm dead" issue :(

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Escobarbarian posted:

And that I'm still having the "shoot someone square in the face for essentially two full seconds and nothing happens and then they fire twice and I'm dead" issue :(

I also get random drop outs of other players, but besides that, it's been smooth sailing. I think I only got one disconnect from the lobby in the five hours that I played this. Anecdotal, yes, but your problems might have to do with lovely ISPs or crappy modems.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
These are my thoughts on Splatoon 2 which may trigger a lot of you:

I don't know how I feel about this game. It's like a exact copy of Splatoon 1, even down to the hub city, and they still refused to change a lot of the problems Splatoon 1 had. I feel like you could stick Splatoon 1 and 2 I front of someone ask them to tell them apart and they couldn't.

I don't understand why they didn't atleast fix some of the UI stuff. Buying clothes and weapons is still a chore with a long load; even going into a match menu takes a load which leads to another load. Why couldn't they just make it like every other game and have everything on one menu screen in the hub? It's so frustrating and sticks out even more so when you consider the switch as a mobile platform. And there's still no way to try on clothes before you buy them???

Even more mind boggling is that the load to go from matchmaking screen (which I found out earlier is impossible to exit from once you're In it) to game takes like two seconds, how does a menu take more to load than the actual game??!?!

People have complained enough about the online infrastructure so I won't go into it.

It's biggest crime though, is For some reason they didn't add the "shut the gently caress up anime" button to every character just the weapons dealer. What a tragedy.

That said it's a fun game if not a bit grindy and repetitive, was hoping they'd atleast make the grind a bit more fun like adding perks or something.

Also I take back the biggest crime; the biggest crime is not having easy access to Squid Jumper.

Commence flaming.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I'm more a fan of the 3/4 people who hang back to paint the spawn 100% right at the beginning and give up the flanks and the center

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I mean you can press L and R when you're in a shop to swap between them, which loads instantly, and you can use right thumb stick to try things on

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

* Surprising amount of recycled levels.

* Pearl's character design is pretty awful

* Where did all my aiming skills though.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Also much like splatoon 1 games are starting to be filled with nothing but Aerospray MGs

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DreamShipWrecked posted:

* Surprising amount of recycled levels.

* Pearl's character design is pretty awful

* Where did all my aiming skills though.

The only reused levels are Moray Towers and Port Mackerel.

Personally I think they should've gone with Saltspray Rig and Walleye Warehouse.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The only reused levels are Moray Towers and Port Mackerel.

Personally I think they should've gone with Saltspray Rig and Walleye Warehouse.

I guess, but it seems like most of the rotations involve one of the two.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All the levels feel the same. Could they really not get more creative than oil rigs

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Other than the new things they added like Salmon Run, the new specials, new campaign, new NPCs, Splatoon 2 is a copy of Splatoon 1 after one year of free new weapons, stages and modes, albiet with the one exception that this game is going to have a year+ of free new weapons, stages and maybe modes.

Really though I can understand the argument for calling this Splatoon EX. Not sure if I agree, but arguing against it would feel like splitting hairs.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Low tier joke

They recycled everything with one or two mechanics, it truly is Nintendo's CoD

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Low tier joke

They recycled everything with one or two mechanics, it truly is Nintendo's CoD

No, they're Salmon :confused:.

Couldn't resist.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I don't know why some people in this thread complained when a reviewer called it basically a port of Splatoon 1. (Especially when said complainers hadn't played the game yet.) As of this moment not a lot has really changed from Splatoon 1. Not necessarily a bad thing, but come on, people. Though it'll probably change as more content is added.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 22, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Someone asked about the Inkbrush before.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/888677583071592449?s=09

Tomorrow.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Had two teammates in Salmon Run who played it like Turf War and ignored golden eggs :stare:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

drat itttttt

Amazon never showed yesterday, called them up, and the shipment coordinator was all like "yeah they probably lost it, and they'll wait a few more days before the distribution center realizes they lost it" and just suggested I cancel the order entirely.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. Fetus posted:

I don't know why some people in this thread complained when a reviewer called it basically a port of Splatoon 1. (Especially when said complainers hadn't played the game yet.) As of this moment not a lot has really changed from Splatoon 1. Not necessarily a bad thing, but come on, people. Though it'll probably change as more content is added.

Honest question: what could they have changed to make it feel like a sequel to you? It has new maps, weapons, clothes, maps, modes, and a new single player campaign. I don't get how somehow Splatoon 2 is a port yet CoD, Battlefield, Battlefront, and a slew of other multiplayer shooters dont have this weird rear end bar to clear that's been placed for Splatoon 2

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't mind at all that it's basically an enhanced port but not fixing any of the many issues people have been mentioning for 2 years is utterly ridiculous (and unfortunately typical of Nintendo, but hey)

Maps changing every 2 hours is cool but I really wish they'd made it a 3 map rotation instead of 2. Still having 5 matches in a row on the same map.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Splat Zone on Moray Towers is a wretched mess that should never have gotten out of pre-release testing. Nevermind the pointless effort of two zones right beside eachother, if the other team has a Charger and yours doesn't you may as well just piss away the match and bail because gently caress knows they will just lob grenades throughout the lowest level and snipe everything while your teammates spend the entire match ignoring them.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Honest question: what could they have changed to make it feel like a sequel to you? It has new maps, weapons, clothes, maps, modes, and a new single player campaign. I don't get how somehow Splatoon 2 is a port yet CoD, Battlefield, Battlefront, and a slew of other multiplayer shooters dont have this weird rear end bar to clear that's been placed for Splatoon 2

How about a new hub city, different art style (which all those games do), different environments??or atleast fix the problems the first game has?

I feel it's the opposite. Of Splatoon 2 was on PS4 it would get hammered for being more of the same , bad UI, log load times and very shallow. But it gets the Nintendo Luxury of quirkiness so they aren't forced into fixing problems that multiplat devs are.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

games owns, haters vacate

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh my god,

Salmon Run teammates

You all seem cool and nice and I love you and you're good at fighting and rezzing and positioning and all that good stuff

but holy poo poo

will you please

just once

help me shoot the goddamned mothership

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Salmon Run is a pretty good mode they added. Like the first game, we'll have to wait on maps and features before we can fully audit how much new content there is

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
The current weaponset is way better than the old one for salmon

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Well despite being on the fence I guess I drunk-bought this game last night so now I have to figure this poo poo out.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Since I never had a WiiU I don't mind that splatoon 2 isn't that different. Also I am enjoying it a lot.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
famously negative poster has negative things to say about something

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah same issues here. Too many games dropping mid-round or leaving teams a man down. I've also seen the wacky hit-detection situations you have.

I can put it down to launch day blues but Nintendo need to get their poo poo together online-wise before expecting to charge for this in a few months

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

There's obviously still unfixed issues with the way grouping/matchmaking works, but other than those pain points I don't have a problem with the fact that the game is a quasi-port of the original with new content. Not many people owned a Wii U, so this release is primarily a way to bring one of that system's most successful games to a wider audience. Keeping the fundamentals intact makes more sense than a total overhaul.

And of all the possible things to change, switching to a different art style would be the dumbest possible move. I can't believe anyone would suggest that.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

If I buy a Japanese physical copy, will I be able to play in English?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

These are my thoughts on Splatoon 2 which may trigger a lot of you:

I don't know how I feel about this game. It's like a exact copy of Splatoon 1, even down to the hub city, and they still refused to change a lot of the problems Splatoon 1 had. I feel like you could stick Splatoon 1 and 2 I front of someone ask them to tell them apart and they couldn't.

I don't understand why they didn't atleast fix some of the UI stuff. Buying clothes and weapons is still a chore with a long load; even going into a match menu takes a load which leads to another load. Why couldn't they just make it like every other game and have everything on one menu screen in the hub? It's so frustrating and sticks out even more so when you consider the switch as a mobile platform. And there's still no way to try on clothes before you buy them???

Even more mind boggling is that the load to go from matchmaking screen (which I found out earlier is impossible to exit from once you're In it) to game takes like two seconds, how does a menu take more to load than the actual game??!?!

People have complained enough about the online infrastructure so I won't go into it.

It's biggest crime though, is For some reason they didn't add the "shut the gently caress up anime" button to every character just the weapons dealer. What a tragedy.

That said it's a fun game if not a bit grindy and repetitive, was hoping they'd atleast make the grind a bit more fun like adding perks or something.

Also I take back the biggest crime; the biggest crime is not having easy access to Squid Jumper.

Commence flaming.

What happened in your life that made you this way

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zelder posted:

What happened in your life that made you this way

I was told I was getting a Splatoon sequel but all I got was a remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Empress Brosephine posted:

I was told I was getting a Splatoon sequel but all I got was a remake

why can't you post in the switch thread again?