Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pc engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hey let's not discount the party board in Smash for WiiU which no one touched even on the first day.

I did...

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I'm trying to get authorized for the Nintengoons Discord server. Am I supposed to receive a code or something? I punched in the command but nothing seems to have happened.

e: Nevermind! I figured it out!

EightFlyingCars fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 22, 2017

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Dizz posted:

Super Smash bros deluxe, contains all DLC stuff in addition to two new fire emblem characters to promote their new game

I'm glad of the fire emblem characters

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wheany posted:

It's the Switch thread where people have never played a non-Nintendo console
I have a ps4 and playing a non-splatoon shooter with a controller is a Major Fail

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No matter who it is, it'll be the worst choice because it's not Ridley or Discount Bowser or something.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
due to a series of unfortunate events i dropped my switch 6 inches onto the floor joycon corner first and it forced it off the rail, thus shearing off the little plastic nub that locks it in place.
if i set up a repair and send it off to nintendo will they repair/replace it or just send it back saying its fine?

I suppose this is as good of an excuse as any to get a pair of red ones, granted i can find any

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

AfroGunsou posted:

due to a series of unfortunate events i dropped my switch 6 inches onto the floor joycon corner first and it forced it off the rail, thus shearing off the little plastic nub that locks it in place.
if i set up a repair and send it off to nintendo will they repair/replace it or just send it back saying its fine?

I suppose this is as good of an excuse as any to get a pair of red ones, granted i can find any

Depending on what you say they may not even take it without asking for money considering the warranty does not cover accidental damage.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wheany posted:

It's the Switch thread where people have never no taste

a.lo posted:

what consoles do you recommend

A computer like god intended. Or a PS4 to play Bloodborne which is the world's greatest game.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

a.lo posted:

what consoles do you recommend

The Nintendo Switch.

Also a PC. Maybe not a Steambox.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Aerospray needs a nerf just like the first game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I got to level 5 in splatoon 2. the art academy level is cool but no one really knows it yet because the final tally % of the matches i was in on that map didn't reach 85%

also it's amazing how many players don't hide in the ink, they just sort of play the game like a very slow TF2 instead, running into the fray guns blazing

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quest For Glory II posted:

I got to level 5 in splatoon 2. the art academy level is cool but no one really knows it yet because the final tally % of the matches i was in on that map didn't reach 85%

also it's amazing how many players don't hide in the ink, they just sort of play the game like a very slow TF2 instead, running into the fray guns blazing

Even with the Dualies, no less.

Takoluka posted:

Splatoon split-screen would be an atrocious experience, and I can't figure out why anyone would want it.

The simple hard truth about split-screen Splatoon is the hardware can't handle it. All that ink has to be dynamically rendered four times over, and it's not exactly a light load on the processor to start with.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Splatoon question

Should I be buying up every piece of gear available and unlocking the abilities on them?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think in the first game you needed to buy all the one star gear so the two star gear had room to appear ect

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Never played the first because no off-TV mode was a deal breaker for me, but Splatoon2 is real good so far. Like it's just a fun and accessible multilayer shooter with cool design and a lot of polish. Squid mode is a fun movement option, I love it. I can't work out how to super jump but these maps are so small it barely matters.

Not a fan of how the gyro aiming locks out look up/down on the R stick, that it is very awkward to use in handheld mode. I can't find a way to re-center the gyro vertically, so I have to hold the thing at a very specific angle to avoid looking at the floor or sky. I hope they patch that!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Press y

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

This is me with the paint roller. gently caress your war, I'm making everything pretty and pink.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Spla2n is good and fun and I'm glad I bought it. That is my hot take. Can't remember the last time I bought a game on release date for $60, but I don't regret it. The single player stuff is surprisingly great. The music and art style and just.. vibe of it remind me of Dreamcast games, which is fantastic. That bright, colorful, cartoonish, globalist, positive, hip-hop-influenced thing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

This just in, all shooters except Splatoon are apparently bad.

hell yeah

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This is why I'm glad voice chat has been banished to a cumbersome app that no one will use

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Even with the Dualies, no less.

The simple hard truth about split-screen Splatoon is the hardware can't handle it. All that ink has to be dynamically rendered four times over, and it's not exactly a light load on the processor to start with.

If the system could handle it in 4K, it would still be awful.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The new mode in Smash Switch will literally just be City Trial mode from Air Ride.. Same exact city, just with every Smash character.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Please understand that doom 2k16 and titanfall 2 are also good shooters.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The only good shooter is Stardew Valley, where you shoot the poo poo with your fellow villagers.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I seriously suck at Splatoon. :psyduck: Lot's of fun though

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Anidav posted:

I have image retention on my plasma tv screen that says "Splatted by Aerospray MG"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sometimes I feel like a golden God splatting people left and right with little effort, and sometimes I feel like I shoot someone dead center for five seconds accomplishing nothing then they turn around and hit me with a splattershot jr. once and I instantly die.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Nice! I did get legit peeved yesterday though. Two of our team members just stayed at the spawn yelling "Booyah!".

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Anidav posted:

It is really good in Turf, but it is pretty bad in ranked.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I did. It refocused the camera horizontally but didn't affect the vertical axis at all. When i hold the switch in a comfortable position i'm looking at the floor and pressing y does nothing to fix that.

I'm doing fine without the gyro but it woud be nice if they added the option to control the vertical axis with the R stick in concert with the gyro like in zelda. That worked perfectly fine in portable mode whereas the Splatoon implementation of Gyro just doesn't.

Game is good otherwise tho.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Y resets my vertical axis, but I'm not playing handheld

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
So I played 10 mins of Mario odyssey at SDCC yesterday and it was god drat wonderful. 10 mins isn't much time but just seeing how much exploration rewards you even in just new Donk city was pretty awesome. That and the graphics were impressive for Switch. This game is definitely gonna challenge Zelda for GOTY.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was singing the Odyssey theme song in the shower this morning, so catchy.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

My wife mentioned yesterday that Splatoon 2 doesn't show k/d anymore. I think it replaced the death stat with times you used your special.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Important update that you all need to be informed of:

I mentioned I was buying Spla2oon but I had gripes with the controls.

Somehow, since launch, I've played like 20 Turf wars and lost maybe twice. Even when it mixed up existing team layouts, I still won. This leads me to believe that I am the key factor in these wins. ;
Also I've been solid with the dualies.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

abraham linksys posted:

ok, try overwatch, or halo, or titanfall, or literally any other shooter released in the last decade

there is no defense of this that isn't "nintendo is bad at online game design"

I like that you complained about people having blinders for a game company and then mentioned a Blizzard game.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Fluffy posted:

I like that you complained about people having blinders for a game company and then mentioned a Blizzard game.

Overwatch got a stronger waifu game, I'll give it that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

Overwatch got a stronger waifu game, I'll give it that

zarya forever

• Locked thread