Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I think I'm in love with the dual pistols a little bit. "Hello, would you like a broad spread SMG or a laser accurate rifle today?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tatsuta Age posted:

yeah I meant money/xp. So just use the coupons immediately when you get em eh

They last for X rounds so there's no gaming the system really. I like it. Its simple.

Overbite posted:

Do the meal tickets stack so I can have cash and xp up at the same time, or a 50% and 100% meal for 150%?

Or is it one at a time and they overwrite the last one.

This is a solid question, I was wondering the same.

Tender Bender posted:

How do you switch weapons in single player? Sheldon showed up and told me to borrow weapons from him in single player which would let me unlock them for multi-player but I don't see how to do that. His shop just tells me I have to level up in multiplayer before I can buy anything (I'm away from Wi-Fi for a bit so I can't)

I think you gotta beat a certain number of levels before he actually gives you more.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Y'all got too greedy, we need to hang back a bit and fight near the turn-in location, if there's more than one boss we need to focus one at a time together.

Yeah we are post-chatting in discord. Lobby is back up.
https://discord.gg/kuuQjP

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah we are post-chatting in discord. Lobby is back up.

Which discord? I'm in nintendogoons and I don't see any splat channel.

Y'all using voice chat? ugh I'm too lazy to bother right now.

E: Oh plus the splatoon voice channels are locked?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Which discord? I'm in nintendogoons and I don't see any splat channel.

We're not on voice, just talking in the Splatoon-2 channel.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I would love to see one of the old stages return as a Salmon Run map. Saltspray Rig is probably the most thematically appropriate, but really any of them would be nice.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

We're not on voice, just talking in the Splatoon-2 channel.

I can't see it. Do I need to be authorized or some poo poo?

E: working on it

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

I can't see it. Do I need to be authorized or some poo poo?

Probably, I believe there are instructions in the welcome channel for auth'ing. Also the game lobby is back up,

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

I was wrong but that's brings to light another problem; all the art is very derivative and feels the same. If I had that same feeling as it being the same city then I'm sure plenty others have.

Derivative of what? The game that preceded it? Really? That's a problem?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Edit: Actually, I'm at my limit for messing around with Discord's multiple layers of byzantine nonsense. Even the switch voice set up comes across as less complicated on paper.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 22, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

I think you gotta beat a certain number of levels before he actually gives you more.

That makes sense, thanks!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Nephzinho posted:

Add me, I'm setting up a lobby SW-6462-9483-1031.

I'll jump in if this is still happening.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a kid's game.
He said condescendingly even though his statement literally doesn't mean anything

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Splat balloons still pretty worthless

Balloons are for kill confirms.

Only they realized that kill confirms were insanely good, and removed balloons from all weapons that you could kill confirm on in Splatoon 2. (I assume?)

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I've never played a splatoon but due to being desperate for switch content I picked this up. What is the most obnoxious weapon for the other team to use?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

causticBeet posted:

I've never played a splatoon but due to being desperate for switch content I picked this up. What is the most obnoxious weapon for the other team to use?

Blasters.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

LethalGeek posted:

Man the brush is no joke anymore. Roller changes are great. Pretty happy with all the weapons. Balloons are kinda weak because in the last game they were stupidly OP and a big part of the reason damage up has been removed. That was really stupid and glad it's gone.

It's neat to hear different perspectives on the changes for Splatoon 2. I think the most visible one for the multiplayer is all the new specials, but the kind of tweaks done for other weapons like these above are really interesting. Does anyone know if all the balance changes for weapons from Splatoon 1 to Splatoon 2 are documented somewhere?

Also in the original Splatoon I tried all the different weapons but ended up really sticking with different varieties of shooters the vast majority of the time. This time I'd like to make more of an effort to get good with the major different types, like rollers and chargers. Currently getting owned as a roller though (and haven't even touched chargers in multiplayer yet) and feeling bad if I'm dragging teams down even if it's just Turf War. Any advice or ways to get good other than just trying and failing repeatedly?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just so you know you can't stack money/exp tickets

Sean warns you that you'll just overwrite whatever bonus is in effect if you try it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

How do you get tickets anyways

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zelder posted:

Gotta do the daily grind at GrizzCo.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
idk how to discord. I’m in nintengoons but can’t seem to do anything, can’t see any Splatoon 2 channel or whatever. Any advice appreciated.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Zelder posted:

Salmon run and single player

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

CatsPajamas posted:

It's neat to hear different perspectives on the changes for Splatoon 2. I think the most visible one for the multiplayer is all the new specials, but the kind of tweaks done for other weapons like these above are really interesting. Does anyone know if all the balance changes for weapons from Splatoon 1 to Splatoon 2 are documented somewhere?

Also in the original Splatoon I tried all the different weapons but ended up really sticking with different varieties of shooters the vast majority of the time. This time I'd like to make more of an effort to get good with the major different types, like rollers and chargers. Currently getting owned as a roller though (and haven't even touched chargers in multiplayer yet) and feeling bad if I'm dragging teams down even if it's just Turf War. Any advice or ways to get good other than just trying and failing repeatedly?

Practice Practice Practice. Turf war is where you go to learn weapons you're bad at so nah go ruin a few matches while you're figuring it out. I never really moved on from shooters, blasters, or buckets myself. The rest require a sense of patience and timing I simply don't have lol. Rollers, Brushes, and Chargers are a lot more GOTCHA where the goal is to more sneak up on them. The ones who get good at it force the other team to have to play less aggressively because you never know when one is going to pop up behind some box and WHAM.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Night Blade posted:

Derivative of what? The game that preceded it? Really? That's a problem?

i've never understood the "ugh this sequel is like the game it's a sequel too :reject:" crowd. like, it's a sequel, i'd expect it to be like the previous game

if you want a different game from something, why are you buying a game named "Something 2"???

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Tender Bender posted:

How do you switch weapons in single player? Sheldon showed up and told me to borrow weapons from him in single player which would let me unlock them for multi-player but I don't see how to do that. His shop just tells me I have to level up in multiplayer before I can buy anything (I'm away from Wi-Fi for a bit so I can't)

You're forced to use a specific weapon in SP in some stages until you beat it once.

Hit + in the octo canyon hub outside of a stage when you get more than one gun

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I got lucky with my salmon runs and ducked out after getting the shirt, 52k cash and an ink resist ticket.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Does ranking up in ranked battles give you anything? I'm bad and my bar has started cracking :(

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Anyone want to try some friends Salmon Run on Sunday?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lakbay posted:

Does ranking up in ranked battles give you anything? I'm bad and my bar has started cracking :(

Pride.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Lakbay posted:

People will look at your inkling in the plaza with fear and awe.

Also, has anyone leveled up enough for the nozzlenoses? I'm curious as to what their kit is.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lakbay posted:

You can play league matches at b-

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zelder posted:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Gotta do the daily grind at GrizzCo.

You can also get them in Octo Valley.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I forgot how much the N-Zap '85 owns.

Does anyone know how to make 3 star items appear in the shops? In the app I've seen 3 star for clothes and shoes but not head gear. In the game I've yet to see 3 star gear in the shops. Mainly 1 star with a couple of 2s.

Is the Ninja Squid perk not in this one?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lakbay posted:

More cash per win.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Sam Faust posted:

More cash per win.

and more points toward your level

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Is the Ninja Squid perk not in this one?

It is, and its on a shirt in the app store right now.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lakbay posted:

I'm bad and my bar has started cracking :(

The game came out a day ago, so you're probably getting schooled by people who reached level 10 but haven't had time to get up to A or S rank yet. Things will cool down.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
IMO Salmon Run is worth the price of admission alone, especially if they update it with more content. Its so much fun even with randoms.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Akarshi posted:

People will look at your inkling in the plaza with fear and awe.

Also, has anyone leveled up enough for the nozzlenoses? I'm curious as to what their kit is.

Nice database of Splat2 stuff here.

L-3 is Curling Bomb and Baller at Level 18, H-3 is Point Sensor and Tenta Missles at Level 29.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Internet Kraken posted:

Its so much fun even with randoms.

I'm a random playing with other randoms and I haven't beaten wave 3 at part-timer level yet (still fun though)

I really like the enemy design in this game