Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What issues does fightcade have on other windows versions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Since Windows 7, the window manager applies various affects that adds input lag and can cause frame drops. You could alleviate this somewhat in Windows 7 by disabling aero but since Windows 8 it's unavoidable when running games in anything but exclusive fullscreen. There were also changes to how exclusive fullscreen worked at some point and I guess some older things don't do exclusive fullscreen "right" so they are still affected, the emulator fightcade uses is one example.

I think there's other things that are just issues of the emulator being old and not made to run well on newer OSes, but that's one of the main ones.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

darealkooky posted:

At the same time, guilty gear learning more into universal mechanics than BB makes it way easier to learn as a new player. Every time you play a new character in blazblue you have to learn an entirely new set of rules. I'll agree that they're more complicated and that can be cool but imo a lot of blazblue characters kind of devolve into "do this one thing and win" while GG characters can be played a bit more freeform as a whole.

So like you said they're different approaches that appeal to different people (but the one I like is correct)

the main problem with bb is everyone looks like a schween from a doujin game, while everyone in guilty gear is a cool heavy metal dude. except bedman, who probably listens to crap like theater of tragedy, nightwish, within temptation etc.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
if you don't think bedman is cool you can get out

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 22, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

the main problem with bb is everyone looks like a schween from a doujin game, while everyone in guilty gear is a cool heavy metal dude. except bedman, who probably listens to crap like theater of tragedy, nightwish, within temptation etc.
blazblue and guilty gear have literally the same design sense

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Endorph posted:

no

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

darealkooky posted:

get out of bed! :mike drop:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

I can't think of a single character design besides maybe Bang that I'd put over literally anyone in the entire Guilty Gear series, it's grossly inferior

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

I can't think of a single character design besides maybe Bang that I'd put over literally anyone in the entire Guilty Gear series, it's grossly inferior

Created by Sōichirō Unomaru, Embryo Storage was originally meant to be a substitute vessel for the Embryo, but was deemed a failure due to her eyes being an amber red instead of blue. However, when Sōichirō noticed that she’s able to speak and communicate with him, he expressed shock and interest towards her as others before her were unable to do so. After introducing himself to her as her creator and superior, he makes Embryo Storage a member of theMitsurugi Agency’s Sleipnir Unit, giving her the Legacy Weapon Murakumo and the task to hunt down the Unions so they could either be captured so they can be treated for their unfortunately terminal condition or if they entered Phase 5, due to being unable to be saved because of their crystal fusing with their nervous system, must be destroyed before they hurt other people. Sōichirō, in order to fit her in with Sleipnir and make her appear human to them, despite only viewing her as a tool, he gives her a name, renaming her Es. She would also become Mei Amanohokosaka’s partner on the field, being the only other person aside Sōichirō to know about her origin as an artificial human, but unlike Sōichirō, Mei views her as a person and a friend, showing concern for her well being.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

everyone in guilty gear is a cool heavy metal dude

actually I think mr Dolphin is metal as gently caress

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Zand posted:

Created by Sōichirō Unomaru, Embryo Storage was originally meant to be a substitute vessel for the Embryo, but was deemed a failure due to her eyes being an amber red instead of blue. However, when Sōichirō noticed that she’s able to speak and communicate with him, he expressed shock and interest towards her as others before her were unable to do so. After introducing himself to her as her creator and superior, he makes Embryo Storage a member of theMitsurugi Agency’s Sleipnir Unit, giving her the Legacy Weapon Murakumo and the task to hunt down the Unions so they could either be captured so they can be treated for their unfortunately terminal condition or if they entered Phase 5, due to being unable to be saved because of their crystal fusing with their nervous system, must be destroyed before they hurt other people. Sōichirō, in order to fit her in with Sleipnir and make her appear human to them, despite only viewing her as a tool, he gives her a name, renaming her Es. She would also become Mei Amanohokosaka’s partner on the field, being the only other person aside Sōichirō to know about her origin as an artificial human, but unlike Sōichirō, Mei views her as a person and a friend, showing concern for her well being.

please stop

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Chev posted:

Few things are as metal as firing people out of a cannon, thank you very much. :colbert:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Endorph posted:

bbs puppet character looks like an offbrand layton game but ggs puttpet character is so cool he gets an iron maiden reference and a zatoichi the blindswords man reference

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chev posted:

may is badass

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I really liked hazama back when he was just some smug rear end in a top hat mafioso looking dude with a grappling hook and not just that one bad guy from bleach with the top of a carrot for hair who wears a suit sometimes.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Raven listens to Black Parade on loop

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i kinda wish may had a hook hand. missed opportunity

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zand posted:

yeah es is my friend

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

darealkooky posted:

i forgot about raven he's an even bigger dingus, he's probably really into mushroomhead and puya

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
anime is bad anime :getout:

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

darealkooky posted:

I really liked hazama back when he was just some smug rear end in a top hat mafioso looking dude with a grappling hook and not just that one bad guy from bleach with the top of a carrot for hair who wears a suit sometimes.

Technically Hazama is still that guy, he just shared a body with another guy and then they got split into two dudes that look the same except one has a yellow jacket on. Thaaats blazblue lore for ya!

There are so many playable characters in BlazBlue that are actually the same character in various forms.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Zinkraptor posted:

Technically Hazama is still that guy, he just shared a body with another guy and then they got split into two dudes that look the same except one has a yellow jacket on. Thaaats blazblue lore for ya!

sure, except that in CF when I do his grab super he takes off the hat and shows his stupid super saiyan hair now so I can't pretend that terumi doesn't exist like I could in CP

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Chev posted:

Charging forward on my warbeast to destroy my enemies

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Es wields one of the legendary Legacy Weapons – Crystalline Sealed Blade: Murakumo. Her skills with the blade are awe-inspiring, being able to deflect multitudes of shrapnel being launched at her by Akio Osafune. On top of this, Es is strong enough to survive a multitude of blows dealt by the physically impressive Drei. Adding to her physical abilities, Es has an abnormally fast reaction time, coupled with impressive speed; she was able to even catch up to Ripper. Even unarmed, she possessed enough strength to easily lift and carry Tōya Kagari a considerable distance without fatigue. Because of her blank expressions and apparent lack of emotions, even Ripper’s taunting could not provoke her, proving her to be incapable of panicking and losing the psychological advantage.

She also has the ability to detect Discover Calls emitted by Unions. After inheriting the Embryo, she could hear a similar type of sound emitted by the Master Unit within the Boundary. As a member of Sleipnir, Es can easily identify what Phase a Union has progressed to. If the crystal was not visible, she could monitor the magic element levels around the Union, and determine it that way instead. If need be, she could pull up the Agency’s database at any time, and access files to help with her situation.

Once she had inherited the Embryo, Es was able to create an enclosed space with the Boundary, as well as the ability to use Event Interference.

During the battle with Freaks, Es used the Phantom Grimoire which temporarily restored her former strength and speed. This ability faded away after defeating Freaks. It is shown that while she is not as strong and fast as she was, she is still capable and formidable in battle as Mei mentions she was able to fight and throw a Union much bigger than her.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

i forgot about raven he's an even bigger dingus, he's probably really into mushroomhead and puya

meanwhile, capcom gives us such great hits as jojos bizarre adventure protagonist, jojos bizarre adventure antagonist, and jojos bizarre adventure supporting character

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zand posted:

insane poo poo

it's a big accomplishment that for how batshit GG's story got, Blazblue launched it into a zone of insanity reserved only for maybe Bedman himself.

Guilty Gear is good anime but Blazblue is what I would call "bad" anime due to the designs, names, and backstories

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The story to even street fighter is bonkers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Bison visited a village on a Tuesday

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the sfv story with like chess pieces that control a dooms day machine was so hosed up, why can't they just have a dude fighting in a street?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zand posted:

Es wields one of the legendary Legacy Weapons – Crystalline Sealed Blade: Murakumo. Her skills with the blade are awe-inspiring, being able to deflect multitudes of shrapnel being launched at her by Akio Osafune. On top of this, Es is strong enough to survive a multitude of blows dealt by the physically impressive Drei. Adding to her physical abilities, Es has an abnormally fast reaction time, coupled with impressive speed; she was able to even catch up to Ripper. Even unarmed, she possessed enough strength to easily lift and carry Tōya Kagari a considerable distance without fatigue. Because of her blank expressions and apparent lack of emotions, even Ripper’s taunting could not provoke her, proving her to be incapable of panicking and losing the psychological advantage.

She also has the ability to detect Discover Calls emitted by Unions. After inheriting the Embryo, she could hear a similar type of sound emitted by the Master Unit within the Boundary. As a member of Sleipnir, Es can easily identify what Phase a Union has progressed to. If the crystal was not visible, she could monitor the magic element levels around the Union, and determine it that way instead. If need be, she could pull up the Agency’s database at any time, and access files to help with her situation.

Once she had inherited the Embryo, Es was able to create an enclosed space with the Boundary, as well as the ability to use Event Interference.

During the battle with Freaks, Es used the Phantom Grimoire which temporarily restored her former strength and speed. This ability faded away after defeating Freaks. It is shown that while she is not as strong and fast as she was, she is still capable and formidable in battle as Mei mentions she was able to fight and throw a Union much bigger than her.
all of this owns

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

it used to be semi coherent but now I don't know what's going on because the games keep going back and forth. SF3 is in the future but Alpha is in the past, SF4 is slightly earlier but SFV is now slightly future

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The other day I discovered that Slayer sometimes says haikus when he wins. Guilty Gear is ridiculous in all the right ways.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

blazblue character design aesthetic is absolutely not like guilty gear's at all are you loving blind

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The KoRn Identity posted:

meanwhile, capcom gives us such great hits as jojos bizarre adventure protagonist, jojos bizarre adventure antagonist, and jojos bizarre adventure supporting character

thank you capcom for Ed!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

it used to be semi coherent but now I don't know what's going on because the games keep going back and forth. SF3 is in the future but Alpha is in the past, SF4 is slightly earlier but SFV is now slightly future

I just find the PSYCHO POWER and sure of murderous intent ridiculous

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

pissdude posted:

blazblue character design aesthetic is absolutely not like guilty gear's at all are you loving blind

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they're both insanely good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fighting game stories are extremely good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Fighting game stories are extremely good.

You couldn't pay me to sit through a FG story mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

nice troll