Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012
I'm glad people still underestimate how far the Splatling Gun can shoot. That's gotten me more splats than I probably rightfully deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nephzinho posted:

It is, and its on a shirt in the app store right now.

When I look at the app atm the shirts have cold blooded, ink recovery up, special power up, or quick re spawn.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 22, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Fossilized Rappy posted:

I'm glad people still underestimate how far the Splatling Gun can shoot. That's gotten me more splats than I probably rightfully deserve.

I might try this out in Tower Control next cycle, though Tower does seem to just be a shitshow of splats.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is the ability that hides your landing marker when you super jump still in this?

The scroll pages in this are very good just like the first game. I love the setting in this game so much.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is the ability that hides your landing marker when you super jump still in this?

The scroll pages in this are very good just like the first game.

Yep, I got one on right now.

edit: you can actually see what abilities are in the game and what they do from the menu screen.

Sam Faust fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 22, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lakbay posted:

I'm a random playing with other randoms and I haven't beaten wave 3 at part-timer level yet (still fun though)

I really like the enemy design in this game

I got to Profreshional and very rarely win all 3 rounds. We can usually clear round 2 but then we all get murdered on round 3. The overwhelming amount of boss salmons is brutal.

Their design is really cool and weird. I'm not sure why they want with salvaged cookware but its definitely...unique. I assume that flaming grill spinning around on Marooner's Bay is a Salmonid war banner.

Jolarix
Feb 28, 2004
Your reading skill has increased by +1 point(s).
"hot dogs"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Are there only like 5 splatverse posts or whatever? I've seen that hotdog one every time I'm in the lobby and so have my friends. Most of the stuff posted I've actually seen a few times.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Are there only like 5 splatverse posts or whatever? I've seen that hotdog one every time I'm in the lobby and so have my friends. Most of the stuff posted I've actually seen a few times.

I think it indexes them by how many freshes they get. I've seen every single one of these in-game too.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What is even the point of respawn punisher?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I got to Profreshional and very rarely win all 3 rounds. We can usually clear round 2 but then we all get murdered on round 3. The overwhelming amount of boss salmons is brutal.

Profreshional is insane. I really wish they'd let you choose your own gun at that level.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

CatsPajamas posted:

Also in the original Splatoon I tried all the different weapons but ended up really sticking with different varieties of shooters the vast majority of the time. This time I'd like to make more of an effort to get good with the major different types, like rollers and chargers. Currently getting owned as a roller though (and haven't even touched chargers in multiplayer yet) and feeling bad if I'm dragging teams down even if it's just Turf War. Any advice or ways to get good other than just trying and failing repeatedly?

The Ink Armor special on the splattershot jr. can make rollers and chargers a little worse than they were last game because it makes everyone on the team able to tank a hit every time it's engaged - the roller just bounces off people if anyone has used the special.

That said, for Rollers:
- Get the paint on the ground and build meter. Rollers are good at getting paint on the ground and should do so.
- If you put the roller down and run at people who see you, you're going to die (even at close range.) Only run over people who aren't looking in your direction, and go squid and run away immediately if someone sees you.
- The roller is really a shotgun, and flicking paint should be the primary way you get kills. Sometimes you get lucky and run over a team, but especially now with the ink armor special, running over people is risky.

For chargers:
- Shooting from higher ground is better - find places where you have an overview of the stage but are close to the action.
- Don't just stand still and try to snipe - you actually have great mobility. You can store your charge in squid form, so it's totally viable to charge a shot, go squid form, leave squid form, and fire.
- The splat charger is perfectly accurate in the air as well, so if you leave squid form in the air, go for the shot.
- Chargers are not bad close range weapons, but it definitely takes much more practice to kill stuff close up than with the other guns. There's no shortcut to getting good with a charger - just don't pretend it's a sniper rifle from other games, it doesn't work like that.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Please for the love of God if you have glowflies in a rush stand next to the egg net and a teammate so that it easier to keep you safe and collect eggs. Had one round where the glowfly guy decide to push deep in to the map for no reason and the teammates chased and die because of it.

Other then that Salmon Run is great. Had a match where a teammate had drop and the game accounted for it in the next round.

Marie has the best lines

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

What is even the point of respawn punisher?

Making the other people respawn slower after you splat them keeps them out of the game longer which means that's that many less seconds they're putting ink down which gives an output advantage. The cost is if you are losing you're going to be out a lot more yourself.

Edit: In this game staying alive is better than trading/eating a death because you need all the time you can get to lay down more ink or push an objective in rank.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 22, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The Tower paths on Humpback Pump Track are disappointing short given how open the level is

The new grind rails are fantastic in Moray for Tower Control

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm missing something.
How do you actually get the prizes in Salmon Run? I unlocked the shirt and it's not in my inventory or anything.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

Making the other people respawn slower after you splat them keeps them out of the game longer which means that's that many less seconds they're putting ink down which gives an output advantage. The cost is if you are losing you're going to be out a lot more yourself.

Edit: In this game staying alive is better than trading/eating a death because you need all the time you can get to lay down more ink or push an objective in rank.

You also lose more Special on respawn.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm missing something.
How do you actually get the prizes in Salmon Run? I unlocked the shirt and it's not in my inventory or anything.

There's a ticket booth next to the salmon run entrance in inkopolis square, when you get close to it it should have a "ask for bonus" prompt

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm missing something.

Talk to the Booth outside salmon run

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm missing something.

Lol someone didn't read the 300 page employee manual

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

LethalGeek posted:

Oh, I thought respawn punisher only affected people that splat you, not people you splat.

Saint Freak posted:

Lol someone didn't read the 300 page employee manual

Everyone should cause its got some important ~lore~

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i loving love the paintbrush

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Thanks everyone. It had four slots of useless abilities, though!

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Is blaster a terrible weapon? I feel like it's really super awful but would like to hear from someone who thinks it's good

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I loved and was good with the range blaster in 1. None of the blasters seem like they'd be that useful for turf war though. They're much better in ranked.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
What does the "OK" line in your rank mean?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

angel opportunity posted:

Is blaster a terrible weapon? I feel like it's really super awful but would like to hear from someone who thinks it's good

Ink saver main + sub is a must for me right now. Blasters take so much ink to shoot; but they have some good niche's, like being able to hit elevated and hiding people easily, and the dreaded one shot insta kill sweet spot. The poison grenade is also great for keeping campers off certain popular highground spots.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

What does the "OK" line in your rank mean?

If you fully crack your bar, you'll maintain your rank as long as you're at or above the line. If not, you drop down.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

half of my losses I look at the Results screen and see someone with a 0 score on my team. How is that even possible, I saw them moving around

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

DLC Inc posted:

half of my losses I look at the Results screen and see someone with a 0 score on my team. How is that even possible, I saw them moving around

That means they dropped.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is it worth going through single player at all? Haven't touched it yet.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does squid run speed affect how fast you move when using brushes/rollers?

Frankston posted:

Is it worth going through single player at all? Haven't touched it yet.

Its pretty fun and not that long. Also if its anything like Splatoon 1 then the single player has stuff you can unlock and use in multiplayer.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh, I thought respawn punisher only affected people that splat you, not people you splat

This is my take on it as well. It basically turns you into like a poisonous little squid that if you die you have to wait to respawn longer but the next time the player who splatted you is splatted they have to wait to respawn longer too

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

angel opportunity posted:

Its great in ranked but I find it struggles in turf war because of the painting.

But man is it a killer weapon in ranked.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Moray towers loving sucks, in every mode.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

People in Salmon Run really have no idea what to do when they have Glowflys on them

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

You know what would be great? If I got on a team that didn't spend the first minute painstakingly inking their own spawn before trying to break out for the enemy base.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Anyone else keep sitting in Flow's shop and space out listening to the music?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
lol I wish there was a forced 50% win rate I keep getting matched up with drooling idiots :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I was in a lobby with a rank 7 who got a whopping 125, 187, and 221 across three rounds. I'm assuming someone asked big brother or daddy to play for a while. Thankfully he was only on my team one of those rounds, as you can probably imagine the end result. I swear I magically got teamed with morons as soon as I activated my meal ticket. I just checked and my team only won 6 of the last 20 matches. There were a few dropped players in there, but mostly it was people with no clue what they were doing.

Also, as much as people were complaining about the charger in Salmon Run, I'd rather have that than the blaster. At least they have the Jet Squelcher in there though. I hope they add the Dual Squelcher soon as that was my favorite in the original.

GI_Clutch fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 22, 2017