Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Endorph can you tell me how cool Rachel gets later on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

In Training posted:

You couldn't pay me to sit through a FG story mode

I play them for fun. :twisted:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In Training posted:

What if it worked like Demon's Souls Yellow Monk fight where it brings in another person playing multiplayer to be the enemy AI for single player fights?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Endorph can you tell me how cool Rachel gets later on

Rachel now solely exists to lust after ragnas dick

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Fayk posted:

Most older arcade poo poo (ie, everything cps2/cps3) would be basically standard NTSC TV resolution ~(320x240, some other modes).

Atomiswave or Naomi (CvS2, Powerstone, etc) could also output to 640x480.

SFIV and MvC3 are from a later era. (HD)

CPS2 games are not 320x240. They're usually 384x224 downsampled to a 4:3 analog monitor. It's a weird 12:7 resolution that itself got resized to 4:3 which means poo poo gets really weird. The pixels aren't square, and they're not even nice ratios. CRT image rendering is the best option for preHD era games - especially because you're dealing with a few different analog resolutions. If you insist on adding HD era games to your setup, the best solution for graphical fidelity would be a high response 4k and hope for the best regarding integer upscaling. This is obviously a $$$ situation, so, uh, yeah... that's that.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I think Relius Clover has a cool design. I don't know if that's a controversial opinion or not.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

GG is 90s anime and BB is 2009-today anime

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Xrd doesn't have a good design because the two best designed characters aren't there

Testament and ABA

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Smoking Crow posted:

Thanks max

CharlestonJew posted:

Rachel now solely exists to lust after ragnas dick

She is the same as everyone else in BB in that way

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Smoking Crow posted:

Fully agree with this.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

anothergod posted:

CPS2 games are not 320x240. They're usually 384x224 downsampled to a 4:3 analog monitor. It's a weird 12:7 resolution that itself got resized to 4:3 which means poo poo gets really weird. The pixels aren't square, and they're not even nice ratios. CRT image rendering is the best option for preHD era games - especially because you're dealing with a few different analog resolutions. If you insist on adding HD era games to your setup, the best solution for graphical fidelity would be a high response 4k and hope for the best regarding integer upscaling. This is obviously a $$$ situation, so, uh, yeah... that's that.

There's actually no downsampling involved - CRTs just have no native, discrete horizontal resolution. Pixels don't really exist from their point of view, only scanlines with continuously variable colour values, so it's not that weird.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

My understanding of the story of Blazblue is that God is lusting after Ragna's dick so hard she will unmake the universe if she can't get it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

my understanding is that the story exists and i'm not going to pay any attention to it

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
drat ragna just take a nut for the team

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

drat ragna just take a nut for the team

Ragna will nut only for his own, hated brother.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if a fighting game doesn't have a story mode then basically it can gently caress off

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

if a fighting game doesn't have a story mode then basically it can gently caress off

Xrd's story mode is just a giant visual novel with no actual gameplay and that kinda makes me sad. Where do we draw the line?

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Blockhouse posted:

source your quotes

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss0gPZmf7Vw

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

pissdude posted:

source your quotes

me, 2017 there's your source motherfucker

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Blockhouse posted:

me, 2017 there's your source motherfucker

you should maybe try playing a RPG or a great ps4 game like Uncharted or something if you want good story, leave the fighting games to the grownups

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I never said I wanted a good story

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

There's actually no downsampling involved - CRTs just have no native, discrete horizontal resolution. Pixels don't really exist from their point of view, only scanlines with continuously variable colour values, so it's not that weird.

Ah. Thanks for that clarification. Still, getting 384x224 images to render in a 4:3 ratio on an HD screen has gotta be hard. I did the math and the best way to integer scale a 384x224 image into a 4:3 size would be to scale it up to 2688x2016 which would lead to each pixel scaled up to a 7x9 rectangle of pixels. This is actually not too bad cropped on a 4k monitor, and I think there's enough pixels available to render a really cool faux CRT shader, but yeah.... It's still plastic surgery when the real deal is still out there.

That said, 1080p gets you most of the way there so...yup.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

In Training posted:

You can for me and I got the Revelator fishing cash to prove it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

attackmole posted:

You can for me and I got the Revelator fishing cash to prove it.

gotta get that sweet sweet fishing money

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Sol vs Ragna, who would win in a fight?

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Big Scary Owl posted:

Capcom will lose.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Big Scary Owl posted:

Sol. Next question

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ono is a master troll

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
SF5 is a massive disappointment but I can never stay mad at Ono, that little scamp

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestonJew posted:

SF5 is a massive disappointment but I can never stay mad at Ono, that little scamp

Ono is cool and I think Capcom's problems go way deeper than anyone working on specific projects anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ono composed roll's theme so hes my friend

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
have we discussed how capcom used the wrong abigail model in their reveal trailer yet

the super weird muscley/veiny model is his v-trigger his default model is more in line with hugo

they made an entire trailer with the wrong loving appearance

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Smoking Crow posted:

Xrd doesn't have a good design because the two best designed characters aren't there

Testament and ABA

i wish ABA was in

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

have we discussed how capcom used the wrong abigail model in their reveal trailer yet

the super weird muscley/veiny model is his v-trigger his default model is more in line with hugo

they made an entire trailer with the wrong loving appearance

Capcom Japan is achieving Konami levels of "gently caress it".

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Is there such a thing as a controller with a hitbox-like layout, except instead of using an asd+space like layout for movement it uses a layout more like arrow keys instead (and ZXC for action buttons)?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

dragon enthusiast posted:

Is there such a thing as a controller with a hitbox-like layout, except instead of using an asd+space like layout for movement it uses a layout more like arrow keys instead (and ZXC for action buttons)?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

where can i get one of these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i miss zappa