Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

A person in my town pretended to have cancer when i was growing up, but they like defrauded a loving community out of five figures of money they didn't really have to spare. This dude just like wanted retweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

oatgan posted:

leave the thread title

It should be the George Regal Memorial Thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I'm gonna leave the title like this because people need to remember this incredible stupidity forever :stare:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Maxwell Lord posted:

There have been "pseuicides" like this in fandom before. It's a way of angling for sympathy and attention.

they found him posting in a thread
said it was his bro instead
turns out the fucker wasnt dead
there aint no cure for pseuicide

MotU fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 21, 2017

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
this tna inspired laugh has done wonders for me today.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We went so long without having any Mecca gems, of course its return was bound to be glorious enough to make up for it

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

projecthalaxy posted:

what is the benefit of this particular long con

did they have a donation box for the dead not dead mod

for what reason

There was that time when Triple H lost his WM match against (I think) Brock Lesnar and he hobbled to the back clearly expecting a Thank You-chant or other tokens of sympathy from the crowd, but people wouldn't have it.

This is that.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

There was that time when Triple H lost his WM match against (I think) Brock Lesnar and he hobbled to the back clearly expecting a Thank You-chant or other tokens of sympathy from the crowd, but people wouldn't have it.

This is that.

it was summerslam 2012 and he came out again two weeks later to get the same reaction and it still didn't work

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Scoop: Chris Regal was going to debut right after his death as a new 'Suicide' character, however, due to repeated booking team changes it never happened. At this point they figured gently caress it and decided to pretend the angle never happened.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
suicide is painless and doesn't bring no changes

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
i can't believe chris regal has died

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd fake my own death too if I had to deal with those morons on a daily basis.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
bix is apparently writing a deadspin story

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

With the deepest regrets, and tears that are soaked
I'm sorry to hear that Chris Regal has Uncroaked
But if I could have a forum as stupid as you
I'd have faked cancer so I would die too
So be brave, and be strong, get your life on track
'Cause the old bastard's not dead and he's comin back

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HHH sadly tearfully repeating "I'm sorry" to the summer slam crowd after the match and being rained upon by boos is great

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

A new twist:

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888797344250179584
https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888797536277975040

It looks like Regal just ousted Big Dawg from Mecca.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Trick question. It wasn't bad

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Chris Regal faking his death, handing over the site to someone else and then committing a coup d'etat is one of the weirdest online stories I've heard.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It's utterly bizarre. He's now doing a purge of his enemies on the site, and most of the posters are just carrying on like "this is normal, nothing strange is happening here."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The resurgence of fascism around the globe is troubling overall, but I never expected it to come to TNAMecca.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
hoping iithis influences vince russo to fake his death as well

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

ribtstu posted:

hoping iithis influences vince russo to fake his death as well

Also he should frame Jim Cornette for his murder when doing so

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Maxwell Lord posted:

The resurgence of fascism around the globe is troubling overall, but I never expected it to come to TNAMecca.

Chris Regal and the TNAMecca Beer Hall Putsch

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
TNAMecca has really hit tough times...

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
what, they couldn't get his brother George?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
RIP BigDawg801. Never forget.

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888911631954182144

And I guess MisterTNA, but who cares about him?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

RIP BigDawg801. Never forget.

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888911631954182144

And I guess MisterTNA, but who cares about him?

:vince:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BigDawg was close to universally liked over there. People had their issues with Regal and Will but BigDawg was kind of the steady hand at Mecca. Either the site dies after this or they become even more unhinged.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

TNAMecca is now in full on denial mode.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888911458997858306

The ex mod who they're trying to say hasn't been banned has been openly talking about it happening on the board.

Skinty McEdger fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 23, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I like that the "didn't fake his death" explanation is that his family is insane and is fighting over their dead sibling's account on a wrestling message board. I know when I die my last wish is that my family keep my posting career alive and never forget about it or move on

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888920921532223488

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I like that the "didn't fake his death" explanation is that his family is insane and is fighting over their dead sibling's account on a wrestling message board. I know when I die my last wish is that my family keep my posting career alive and never forget about it or move on

Everyone does it. We're on like our fifth or sixth Lowtax.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

DM Punk posted:

TNAMecca has really hit tough times...

At least he actually died.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Please buy The BigDawg and that other guy SA accounts, TIA

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The saga continues:

"Regal's family" have brought in a new admin to run the site who is absolutely not in any way shape or form Chris Regal, who claims to know nothing about wrestling but has been hired to over see the site. Quickly he showed a bunch of knowledge about posters that he shouldn't have for someone who doesn't know anything about the site. The new account has all the admin privileges that for some reason they were never able to give to Big Dawg. Meanwhile after saying they would keep on the last two mods, they have now quietly been demodded leaving the new guy and Chris Regal as the only two mods on the site.

Oh and the site is switching to a private invite only one.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It's incredible.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

All of them have now moved onto Impact Asylum (formerly TNA Asylum) which, while less insular, is often exactly as gross and demented as Mecca. All those horrendous song parodies I post sometimes are from there.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Skinty McEdger posted:

The saga continues:

"Regal's family" have brought in a new admin to run the site who is absolutely not in any way shape or form Chris Regal, who claims to know nothing about wrestling but has been hired to over see the site. Quickly he showed a bunch of knowledge about posters that he shouldn't have for someone who doesn't know anything about the site. The new account has all the admin privileges that for some reason they were never able to give to Big Dawg. Meanwhile after saying they would keep on the last two mods, they have now quietly been demodded leaving the new guy and Chris Regal as the only two mods on the site.

Oh and the site is switching to a private invite only one.

I don't know the first thing about running a website, but I like how intricate and positively occult this whole thing makes it sound. It's like the Game of Thrones of lovely wrestling fan boards, tits and convoluted conspiracies all around.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Please buy The BigDawg and that other guy SA accounts, TIA

Wasn't there a point in this thread where somebody screencapped them talking poo poo about SA because we mock them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Grendels Dad posted:

I don't know the first thing about running a website, but I like how intricate and positively occult this whole thing makes it sound. It's like the Game of Thrones of lovely wrestling fan boards, tits and convoluted conspiracies all around.

I would watch that on HBO.