Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
PvP should be extremely fuckin' unbalanced, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

PvP should be extremely fuckin' unbalanced, imo.

this is a poo poo opinion. go play timesplitters and fill your spawn with power weapons if you feel this particular need.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just played some beta today after some Splatoon 2, having fun with my Titan bro and shooting mans poorly.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SUNKOS posted:

I think Rift could have been awesome with some tweaks and adjustments, especially with the new class abilities that they've introduced to the game now. I'm surprised that they've ditched so much stuff and their new showpiece mode is bomb diffusion that plays almost the same way every single round.

i want to say that they aren't ditching Rift and there's no way the game will launch with just two PVP modes but

Bungie

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The game comes out in about 6.5 weeks and this is what they gave us, with the caveat that "oh yeah, we've iterated on this months old build and want you to confirm our thoughts on the changes you can't see or hear about".

It's weak as gently caress as a reason, people should be salty about it IMHO FTFY namaste.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

Poledancer loving rules

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

PathAsc posted:

The game comes out in about 6.5 weeks and this is what they gave us, with the caveat that "oh yeah, we've iterated on this months old build and want you to confirm our thoughts on the changes you can't see or hear about".

It's weak as gently caress as a reason, people should be salty about it IMHO FTFY namaste.

no beta is going to be launched as a current iteration of a build. it'll be a months-old build they've spent time optimizing and stabilizing.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Legs Benedict posted:

i want to say that they aren't ditching Rift and there's no way the game will launch with just two PVP modes but

Bungie

I think their business model is to remove stuff and then reintroduce it with DLC packs. Could be wrong but I think the first two DLC packs will focus on bringing back slightly tweaked PvP modes and revisiting locations from the first game. It would be really cool if they expanded on that however and the Osiris DLC gave us a patrol space on Mercury or something.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this is a poo poo opinion. go play timesplitters and fill your spawn with power weapons if you feel this particular need.

More like A 50S GAYGUN.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
This "Arcstrider is trash" argument is completely knee jerk. Melee range is awesome and is going to be the first thing people cry about before it's inevitable nerf.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

no beta is going to be launched as a current iteration of a build. it'll be a months-old build they've spent time optimizing and stabilizing.

Totally true....but if they really have adjusted everything (unlikely) they would have been screaming that from the heavens prior to dropping the "beta" on us. "Hey guardians, here's the beta, but know this: you're gonna have more and stronger supers in the full game, cooldowns will definitely be reduced by gear, etc. Enjoy this baseline and know that you'll have even more fun when the full experience drops!!!"

There's absolutely no reason to put out a demo/beta that's significantly different from the final product without calling it out, especially when there are significant changes from the previous full game and you might expect growing pains.

They did not expect this backlash. The crucible guys were probably in their twitch streamer/starfucking bubble and thought this would be a big old hit.

If I wanted to play counterstrike I'd play counterstrike.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They did not expect this backlash. The crucible guys were probably in their twitch streamer/starfucking bubble and thought this would be a big old hit.

If I wanted to play counterstrike I'd play counterstrike.

It's funny how much the reveal glow wore off, I feel like a lot of streamers who raved about it at the reveal have some issues now. It's a different game when you can play more than one round of crucible an hour.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Just got 30.0 efficiency in quick play

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
I like how the clans carried over. I hadn't played Destiny 1 in like 6 months so it was cool to finish Homecoming and see the Goon Button Pressers.

So far this is feeling like Better Destiny: We Fixed Our Mess, and that's exactly what I was hoping for.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

There's only 1 strike in the beta right? I never really liked the PvP in D1 and I wish there was just a little more PvE to try

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I hammered Destiny Vanilla, played up until The Taken King before throwing in the towel, all classes maxed.

Played the beta this morning after not picking up the original in over a year: intro mission is solid regarding cinematics, gameplay and story. Very immersive and well stitched together. The solo missions actually felt more like a strike. Then I hit up my other long time lapsed Destiny friends for the strike: did they just need to re use the Vault of Glass assets to save money? I know it's a Vex strike and thus stylistic rules must be adhered to, but I couldn't tell the difference between that and anything from D1. If I wanted PVP I'd play Overwatch so haven't bothered with that so far.

No pre-order from me, awaiting reviews post release.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Most people never played the raids in Destiny 1

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
most eat soy

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

So far this is feeling like Better Destiny: We Fixed Our Mess, and that's exactly what I was hoping for.

:wrong:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The weird thing for me is their insistence on the POV. Like, every other pvp game I'm playing on the Xbox has a better POV. I remember how you get used to it fairly readily during D1, but opening up D2 and seeing it again is just so loving weird and seems the dumbest thing ever. The "punching a dude I can't see because he's literally only standing 45 degrees to the left of me" is so stupid.

They need to give us a slider on console or at least increase it by 5.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I hammered Destiny Vanilla, played up until The Taken King before throwing in the towel, all classes maxed.

Played the beta this morning after not picking up the original in over a year: intro mission is solid regarding cinematics, gameplay and story. Very immersive and well stitched together. The solo missions actually felt more like a strike. Then I hit up my other long time lapsed Destiny friends for the strike: did they just need to re use the Vault of Glass assets to save money? I know it's a Vex strike and thus stylistic rules must be adhered to, but I couldn't tell the difference between that and anything from D1. If I wanted PVP I'd play Overwatch so haven't bothered with that so far.

No pre-order from me, awaiting reviews post release.

i have 2 questions my man

1. theres only one story mission (intro) and one strike in the beta so what exactly were you playin

2. did you want the vex to look like steven universe or something

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
30-1 quick play

https://youtu.be/gH3bTZ6u5V8

Enjoy the twilight hours, lads.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr. Unlucky posted:

destiny is the biggest wasted potential for a series since pokemon.

if you gave this aesthetic and world to a good dev team it would've been the best mmo ever made, instead it's a lovely yearly installment PSO full of call of duty halo bro retards.

gently caress you PSO rules

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

30-1 quick play

https://youtu.be/gH3bTZ6u5V8

Enjoy the twilight hours, lads.

Btw quick play has the same matchmaking as the sweaty one right now, just FYI

So yours and my cool dude scores are even cooler, which is cool.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Feels kind of average, like an expansion pack. Also, for some reason, the Scout rifle feels very weak in PvE. It's an odd feeling.

I didn't enter Destiny until Taken King and maybe I'll do the same here.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Ape Agitator posted:

Feels kind of average, like an expansion pack. Also, for some reason, the Scout rifle feels very weak in PvE. It's an odd feeling.

I don't think they're releasing Taken King for D2

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Emron posted:

I don't think they're releasing Taken King for D2

They might!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Don't worry I'm sure Oryx had a grandfather or something that we can go gently caress up in Year 2.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Don't worry I'm sure Oryx had a grandfather or something that we can go gently caress up in Year 2.

He had another son that we never saw, I forget his name

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

Family doesn't like to talk about him, he's a bit of a black sheep.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ape Agitator posted:

Feels kind of average, like an expansion pack.

The best of Destiny 1 was an expansion pack. :shrug:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I know a lot of people say "it's a beta," but it comes natural to a lot of folks since that's probably the first words they ever heard after being born.

quoting for this page

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Im really excited to explore in this game, the environmental design seems a lot better so far- the D1 patrol zones were all built like a Lazy River ride.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I enjoyed this beta quite a bit. The story stuff was top notch, seriously those cutscenes were excellent and the setup definitely has my attention. The PVP is uh, Destiny. And that's alright I guess but coming in after me playing a lot of Overwatch and more recently Splatoon 2 it feels so clunky and weird. It's not bad or anything and I'll likely still get into it but man it doesn't feel anywhere near as smooth and solid as it could. I never whine about console FOV but it's way too tight. If the loot game gets better and better and the patrol fuckarounds are still weirdly addicting I'm sure it'll be worth the price just like the first game.

e: and hopefully they've learned to not create an awesome fascinating world and lore and then forgot to actually share it. This poo poo is cool as hell! Let me embrace it Bungie!

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 23, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Emron posted:

Also at least one sister who's still out there doing stuff of some kind

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

So what exactly would make this a full game and not an expansion.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pvp felt sluggish to me for about a day after that I found my groove real quick and found it smooth and fast again.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Mill Village posted:

So what exactly would make this a full game and not an expansion.

they put a 2 at the end

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Emron posted:

Legs Benedict posted:

they put a 2 at the end

Cro2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BlindSite posted:

Pvp felt sluggish to me for about a day after that I found my groove real quick and found it smooth and fast again.

I'm sure it will be better once it's out and manages to be my main shooter. Anything feels sluggish compared to Splatoon anyway so it's hardly fair. I remember Destiny always feeling strange until I've put in 5-6 hours of play and gotten back into the feel.