Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Internet Kraken posted:

Because there was a maws right under me that kept showing up every time I got in position to hit the drivers with it. Maws will happily jump high enough to snap you out of a splash down.

That's pretty jawesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Not to mention it's Wave 1.

Salmon Run is hilariously unbalanced for less then four people. Less eggs doesn't mean much if the amount of enemies are the same.

3 person is manageable with some luck, but 1 on the higher difficulties sucks. It really shouldn't penalize you if you get less then a max team.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

pichupal posted:

Not to mention it's Wave 1.

Salmon Run is hilariously unbalanced for less then four people. Less eggs doesn't mean much if the amount of enemies are the same.

3 person is manageable with some luck, but 1 on the higher difficulties sucks. It really shouldn't penalize you if you get less then a max team.

Hopefully future patches will fix that, but they never came up with a decent buff for when people idle/drop from your teams in any other modes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how do you get the things you unlock in salmon run?

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Are there only like 5 splatverse posts or whatever? I've seen that hotdog one every time I'm in the lobby and so have my friends. Most of the stuff posted I've actually seen a few times.

Mario Maker syndrome. Posts with more likes get shown to more people which in turn gets more likes and shown to more people etc. etc.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bowmore posted:

how do you get the things you unlock in salmon run?

Booth to the left of the Salmon Run entrance.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Booth to the left of the Salmon Run entrance.
Cheers

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calihan posted:

Mario Maker syndrome. Posts with more likes get shown to more people which in turn gets more likes and shown to more people etc. etc.

This is true in Miitomo as well. I posted a sidekick that still gets likes and comments to this day after the Sidekick plaza/showcase thing came out.

Yes I still check Miitomo. Why I'm not sure.

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.
High-level Salmon Run strats.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Cool I was having fun with Salmon Run but now there's an arbitrary closed period. Really hope with the positive response this mode is getting they patch out the dumb time limited thing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Where's all the Mr Grizz fanart?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Cool I was having fun with Salmon Run but now there's an arbitrary closed period. Really hope with the positive response this mode is getting they patch out the dumb time limited thing.

It would be nice, and in the meantime we should organize as much Salmon Run among those here.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why aren't more people talking about Squid Beatz 2

Squid jump 2 when?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Now to live my life as a cartoon character

Is Mr. Grizz a spirit of a bear in a wooden bear or a guy talking through a wooden bear with a speaker.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
What exactly is the salmon run schedule? It's not on splatnet since that would make too much sense I guess

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jarogue posted:

Now to live my life as a cartoon character

Is Mr. Grizz a spirit of a bear in a wooden bear or a guy talking through a wooden bear with a speaker.

He's totally a bear and he's Charlie's Angel-ing us.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tender Bender posted:

I thought people could form teams and do Salmon Runs with friends any time.

Edit: Also I've been using the inkbrush and throwing a splat bomb behind an enemy usually causes them to rush towards you to get brushed in the face.

Mr.Pibbleton fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 23, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jarogue posted:

The bear has antennas coming out of it so he obviously just shoved a radio inside of it. I picture him as some fat crab.

Bears are probably demonic gods to the salmonids.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I thought people could form teams and do Salmon Runs with friends any time.

Only locally.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zoran posted:

Only locally.

Oh goddamn.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

As an Aleut I'm glad salmon don't have any weapons in real life.

Zoran posted:

Only locally.

:smithicide:

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
What's the secret to success of Starfish Mainstage?

My team has lost there on every single match. That's too terrible to just be coincidence.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I've discovered how to cheat at SplatVerse using only a capture card.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mad Katter posted:

What's the secret to success of Starfish Mainstage?

My team has lost there on every single match. That's too terrible to just be coincidence.

I rush the middle then turn left on the stage, walk over the grating and ink up to the top level and shoot down on opponents from the higher vantage point, plus you can rain ink deep into their territory. It's also a good place to jump down and ambush enemies from if you're using a short ranged weapon. There's a ton of climbable stuff in that map, check it out in recon mode, in fact do that with every map so you can spot some things you might be missing in the rush of splattle.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The ink brushes seem much more deadly in this one.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

a neat way to better integrate the map this time around could be a toggle-able transparent layout on the corner of your screen sort of like mario kart or diablo

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I can't believe this game has avocado toast in it.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Thanks to the folks who posted different weapon gameplay advice earlier. It's fun to try the variety of weapons, even if it feels like Sisyphus trying to get good with them.

GI_Clutch posted:

Salmon Run Protip: During the countdown for a wave, the UI shows you the tide level. If it is at the bottom of the screen, go to the beach and start laying down some freakin' ink. I don't know how many times I see people just run off in the other direction.

Where do you see the tide level in the UI for Salmon run? On Marooner's Bay unless I go back to check if the tide was rising or not I've waited until the 5 count to get the indicator of where the basket is and spammed "This Way" if I'm the only one header for it since like you said naturally everyone goes the other direction.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kazy posted:

I've discovered how to cheat at SplatVerse using only a capture card.

Explain this sorcery

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

CatsPajamas posted:

Where do you see the tide level in the UI for Salmon run? On Marooner's Bay unless I go back to check if the tide was rising or not I've waited until the 5 count to get the indicator of where the basket is and spammed "This Way" if I'm the only one header for it since like you said naturally everyone goes the other direction.

Look at the very bottom of the screen at the beginning of Salmon Run as the countdown is starting. The bottom of the screen will have a semi-transparent wave overlay that can go up and down. It'll tell you if the upcoming wave will be high, normal or low tide.

I'd grab a screen shot, but no one can play Salmon Run right now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man there was this one really good song that played during Splatfest that I haven't heard at all in the main game

e: STOP ALL DYING 20 SECONDS BEFORE THE END OF THE MATCH YOU loving SHITS

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 23, 2017

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

The Bloop posted:

Explain this sorcery

Basically overlaid an image using Elgato's software and traced it manually with the d-pad. Was very tedious :v:

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I'd imagine Salmon Run is only available a few times a week because of the rewards. The 600pt bonus is currently cash and pays out 32k. Not to mention along the way to get more cash, 3-star gear, and meal tickets. I don't think I was sitting with over 120k in the bank at the end of the second day in the first game. Local Salmon Run doesn't pay out rewards or let you level up. It's just "practice" or a for fun mode. Though it would be nice to be able to just throw together online practice matches with friends or something, letting you set the difficulty scale a la local.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I just want a reward from Salmon Run that lets me use the work clothes in turf war. I want everyone to know I've sold my soul to Mr. Grizz and the company.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Internet Kraken posted:

I just want a reward from Salmon Run that lets me use the work clothes in turf war. I want everyone to know I've sold my soul to Mr. Grizz and the company.

it will be locked behind the Mr Grizz amiibo

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I just assumed that Grizzco were 100% definitely actual bears, and they just can't show their faces because it would terrify every sea creature in town and mess up their scheme.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

My first first ranked match, decided to try Octobrush. I got 24 splats, the highest the rest of my team got 3. We lost.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Man there was this one really good song that played during Splatfest that I haven't heard at all in the main gam3
Splatfest has songs that only play during it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I just assumed that Grizzco were 100% definitely actual bears, and they just can't show their faces because it would terrify every sea creature in town and mess up their scheme.

It would explain why they're so interested in collecting salmon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I'm not one to easily blame my team on a loss, but c'mon... :effort: