Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I was a fool and went at noon today. Too many whales and whale children blocking was wasn't blocked by the free sample carts, too close to exp. date on some items I wanted, and it looks like the Kirkland chocolate chip granola bars have been replaced with a chocolate dipped variety pack, so my wife isn't happy. Oh, and Coke products (I know, don't buy soda there) went up by $1.24.

To top it all off, I come home and the laundry room smells like burning (band-aid smell). It appears the washer I just spent $300 having fixed a couple weeks ago has issues again. It said 1 min left and kept spinning like mad for 15 minutes until I manually stopped the thing. Time for a new washer, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

GI_Clutch posted:

Kirkland chocolate chip granola bars have been replaced with a chocolate dipped variety pack

The protein bars are better anyway

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Sam's aint that bad. BJs is worse.

Can confirm.

BJs is absolutely terrible. No deals at all worth a drat.

If I had the option to ritually sacrifice everyone who willingly patronizes it in order to obtain a closer Costco, you best believe I would do it with gusto.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Fog Tripper posted:

The protein bars are better anyway

I have boxes of those as well, but my wife likes to have the granola bars on hand at work to snack on.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The peanut butter nut bars are good and not covered in chocolate. They're little energy bombs.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Posting from the Costco food court. A German speaking family is enjoying their Costco experience next to me. Costco speaks the universal language of thrift and good taste!

PBUC!

Welsh Rarebitch
Jun 5, 2011

Chinatown posted:

Posting from the Costco food court. A German speaking family is enjoying their Costco experience next to me. Costco speaks the universal language of thrift and good taste!

PBUC!

Woah dude, how did they get in,? There is no Costco in Germany, can you purchase a 1-day membership or whatever?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Welsh Rarebitch posted:

Woah dude, how did they get in,? There is no Costco in Germany, can you purchase a 1-day membership or whatever?

It's possible they were Americans or were friends with some and they just happen to speak German. :shrug:

I just got gas today. PBUC

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
used my sister's membership for some steaks

p b u c

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Welsh Rarebitch posted:

My local Costco is in a very touristy area on on the coast. Also I am blessed with an outdoor foodcourt so anyone can walk up and get food.

They took a couple whole pies to go. That's doing vacation right!!!

Just got gas today. No dog. Two slices of pizza instead. :grin:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Chinatown posted:

My local Costco is in a very touristy area on on the coast. Also I am blessed with an outdoor foodcourt so anyone can walk up and get food.

They took a couple whole pies to go. That's doing vacation right!!!

Just got gas today. No dog. Two slices of pizza instead. :grin:

Blessed? More like cursed. Need to keep out the riff-raff

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Spooky? No! Just another blessing, PBUC!

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe
PBUC, I have discovered some sort of vegetable superfood powder being sold at the place of worship and it is amazing. I am extremely tall and of "normal weight" but wanted to get my abs back.

Mix up two scoops of this poo poo, greek yoghurt, that milk with Omegas, honey and some fruits and walla. Instant goon weight loss.
My body has begun craving this poo poo meaning I'm going to the stco much much more.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Spooky? No! Just another blessing, PBUC!

Where you getting 93 octane? It's only 91 around here.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Pease are back.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
What are the 5 pillars of costcoism?

Zakat - pay the membership fees

Hajj - go to Costco

What are the others?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

:cripes:

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

nah it's totally worth it even for a single person.

Truth my dude. I bought my car through Costco, as well as cruise tickets. For non-perishables, poo poo is just fine, who cares if I have buy 36 diet cokes at a time. Now, when I am forced to purchase a bag of 2,000 pomelos or whatever, I just bring them into work and sell or gift my spare. Same with buying the Kirkland Flonase the other day. Kept 2, sold 3 at work. People were happy to pay 50% of what they normally would for knock-off Flonase.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FogHelmut posted:

Florida flows with 93

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i cant get 93 in california :mad:

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
salat: eat something from costco 5 times a day
sawm: don't fast lol
just eat even more poo poo from costco
maybe some goodass hotdogs
shahada: dunno

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Around here Costco is the only place you will find 91, every other station has 93.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Welsh Rarebitch posted:

The faithful find a way.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

PBUC, $99 for a giant comfy, soft sheepskin rug the size of a small car.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

curufinor posted:

shahada: dunno

Present your card proudly at the door.

naem
May 29, 2011

curufinor posted:

used my sister's membership for some steaks

p b u c

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

Higher altitudes means less air, meaning a lower octane level is needed. you'll usually find 93 in areas closer to sea level.

Except California because California sucks.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

That's the joke...

It originated in the PYF Lifehacks thread.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
http://www.chainstoreage.com/article/americas-favorite-home-furnishing-retailers-are

quote:

Costco Wholesale Corp. is ranks first among consumers when it comes to home furnishings, according to a study by Market Force Information. With a composite loyalty score of 72%, Costco earned the top spot. But Ikea was a close second, with a score of 70%.

Costco beats Ikea! pbuc bitch!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Kirkland Signature Bratwursts are legit.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
the customers at costco store #2 are much more polite than at my local store, they did not crowd around sample givers and dam up aisles with their carts while they waited for samples

interesting

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

the customers at costco store #2 are much more polite than at my local store, they did not crowd around sample givers and dam up aisles with their carts while they waited for samples

interesting
Is costco #1 in mainland china?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Sicilian posted:

That's the joke...

It originated in the PYF Lifehacks thread.

oh cool got it

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Is that homemade sauerkraut, or did you saute it with the brats or anything? I always love it when it gets nice and brown like that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FogHelmut posted:

That right there would make any Wisconsinite proud.

And hungry.

And fat.

.....fatter.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dely Apple posted:

Is costco #1 in mainland china?

I sometimes shop at the original Price Club/Fed Mart here in San Diego, its an old airplane assembly hangar that Howard Hughes owned. Essentially the first Costco. :grin:

i remember eating Price Club dogs as a child. a charmed life, clearly.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Is that homemade sauerkraut, or did you saute it with the brats or anything? I always love it when it gets nice and brown like that.

Trader Joe's sauerkraut. Drained, rinsed, lightly seasoned with celery seed, thyme, paprika, black pepper, and some brown sugar. Mix with a beer.

Brown the bratwursts in a pan with bacon fat. Don't worry about cooking them through. Add sauerkraut beer mixture. Simmer until liquid is mostly reduced, about 15-20 minutes.

Alternate method - don't brown the brats, throw them in raw with the kraut. After simmering, remove and grill to get some color on them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like your style

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

This ACA repeal going on right now seems like trouble. But you want to know a real tragedy? I got some of this Pacific Gold beef jerky at Costco and it is really quite bad. I can't believe this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mons Hubris posted:

This ACA repeal going on right now seems like trouble. But you want to know a real tragedy? I got some of this Pacific Gold beef jerky at Costco and it is really quite bad. I can't believe this

pacific gold used to be really good in the 90s-early 00s but it's sucked the past few times i've got it. stay away from "chefs cut" jerky or w/e its called, its even worse gummy garbage

the kirkland steak cut jerky is very good thoguh, i go through that one really quickly and end up with spiced jerky farts