Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How do you all use the Splat Gatling/Splatling or whatever it's called? It looks baller as hell but I tried it and that windup is a hell of a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pierson posted:

How do you all use the Splat Gatling/Splatling or whatever it's called? It looks baller as hell but I tried it and that windup is a hell of a thing.

You don't have to fully charge it like with a Charger. Wind it up a little, release, repeat.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Salmon run makes me irrationality angry. gently caress.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Frankston posted:

I've had multiple Rainmaker rounds where people simply do not understand "protect the guy with the Rainmaker".

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Confirmed that Salmonid and Octarians are friends.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You don't have to fully charge it like with a Charger. Wind it up a little, release, repeat.

You don't have to fully charge a Charger, either. It's usually better to do so, but there's situations where a usual charge is useful too. Particularly when spreading ink.

Finally beat the single player. Really liked the last boss, though I would have liked a little more added over Splatoon 1. The last phase was sweet! Needed more stuff like that! If you haven't gone back to fight it a second time, you definitely should.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Any Professionals on for salmon? We have 3 in discord.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I appreciate that the single player lets you find out which weapon is the worst to use in each level.

it's almost always the roller

Edit: I assume that beating every level with a specific weapon unlocks it at Sheldon's shop, yeah?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

bizarre deformity posted:

Edit: I assume that beating every level with a specific weapon unlocks it at Sheldon's shop, yeah?

Everything except the Brella because they're still testing that for MP

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I think you meant the Blaster

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jarogue we are getting in a channel on discord. We were real sloppy start of wave 3 there.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Jarogue posted:

Confirmed that Salmonid and Octarians are friends.

Which gives rise to the fact that the Salmonid aren't dumb animals for harvest but are an actual race that understands technology and the squids are literally harvesting their young for food and resources

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

I appreciate that the single player lets you find out which weapon is the worst to use in each level.

Jarogue posted:

I think you meant the Blaster

It's splatling.

E: Also it follows that it should, since you can get the hero shot replica by beating every level with it.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

We're in the Nintengoons discord and are looking for another person for salmon run.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Is stealth jump still a thing? it's really making it hard to use jumps when people have a giant "gently caress this guy up" indicator on their screen

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Peewi posted:

We're in the Nintengoons discord and are looking for another person for salmon run.

Over-Achiever or ProFreshional*

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Which gives rise to the fact that the Salmonid aren't dumb animals for harvest but are an actual race that understands technology and the squids are literally harvesting their young for food and resources

To be fair In two Sunken Scrolls and in the Rush Manuel they have been known to destroy cities in before medieval and seem to be this worlds Viking.

Nephzinho posted:

Over-Achiever or ProFreshional*

how do you use discord

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jarogue posted:

To be fair In two Sunken Scrolls and in the Rush Manuel they have been known to destroy cities in before medieval and seem to be this worlds Viking.

how do you use discord

https://discordapp.com/invite/nnH4wXF

Or just join and keep following, not necessary as you're fine.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Frankston posted:

Same, just play with goons. Its too frustrating with randos.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm feeling some frustration at being the only one on my team that's trying to push out of our own area at all. This usually leads to ridiculous death streaks as I try to hold out long enough for my team to spawn on me on the other team's side but then I die and I see that they're all just kind of hanging out in the spawn :(

I'm starting to feel like that C'MON cartoon except I have a terrible k/d so I can't talk.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

https://discordapp.com/invite/nnH4wXF

Or just join and keep following, not necessary as you're fine.

It has locks on the rooms

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jarogue posted:

There was just a scramble with pubbies, you should be good now.

e; Jarogue: if you have the stingray and a fly fish spawns in that spot on high tide, have to burn it to take them down right away. Are you having trouble with auth gettin ginto discord or just don't have it?

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 23, 2017

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Jarogue posted:

There's a bot for verifying the identity of goons. Type "!authme Jarogue" in chat and it should message you with instructions.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How do the bonuses in Salmon Run work? I got this green thing that had a speed bonus 4x. What do I do with it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Astro7x posted:

How do the bonuses in Salmon Run work? I got this green thing that had a speed bonus 4x. What do I do with it?

They're Ability Chunks. Get ten of a kind and Merch can turn it into an sub-ability for a piece of gear you have.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Top rated gay on losing team should get a bonus at the end. Wouldn't be so maddening then when you get lumbered with useless oafs.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
You can also get him to reset your gear for chunks as well.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Martytoof posted:

I'm feeling some frustration at being the only one on my team that's trying to push out of our own area at all. This usually leads to ridiculous death streaks as I try to hold out long enough for my team to spawn on me on the other team's side but then I die and I see that they're all just kind of hanging out in the spawn :(

I'm starting to feel like that C'MON cartoon except I have a terrible k/d so I can't talk.

getting to that point is usually my signal to take a break

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Astro7x posted:

It's just min/max stuff for the endgame where you wanna have a specific style of clothing but also get certain bonuses. Don't worry about using them right now.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Also I just got this message at the end of a game:

"There haven't been many players for some time now, so the rank meter will not change."

No idea.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Can anyone offer advice as to how to use the Stingray? It is very hard to aim and the aim adjustments move at a glacial pace, so I'm not sure what I should even be doing with it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Can anyone offer advice as to how to use the Stingray? It is very hard to aim and the aim adjustments move at a glacial pace, so I'm not sure what I should even be doing with it.

You should be putting it in the bin, where it belongs

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Frankston posted:

Also I just got this message at the end of a game:

"There haven't been many players for some time now, so the rank meter will not change."

No idea.

I think that means somebody dropped during the match.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Love the indicator in ranked of how close control is from switching color. Was that there before??

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Tatsuta Age posted:

Love the indicator in ranked of how close control is from switching color. Was that there before??

It wasn't in Splatoon.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Frankston posted:

You should be putting it in the bin, where it belongs

But my Splatling Gun...

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Sam Faust posted:

It wasn't in Splatoon.

My favorite qol change so far. Good poo poo

Also love the new paths on legacy maps. This game is Extremely Fresh

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If you need to readjust your aim outside of small movements stop firing and re-aim, it's much faster. The further away from your targets the better, as small adjustments span larger distances the further away you are. Use it in conjunction with teammates as it pierces all walls and can completely cut off retreat lines for enemy players

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
We need to have a serious discussion about what the strongest color of ink is. It's lime green by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JackDarko posted:

We need to have a serious discussion about what the strongest color of ink is. It's lime green by the way.

Got that right on the first try, friendo! :hfive: