Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

JackDarko posted:

We need to have a serious discussion about what the strongest color of ink is. It's lime green by the way.

It's actually mint blue fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Every game where at least one other teammate is aggressive with me we end up doing really well. I love when this game clicks and you end up with randos who think the same way.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

JackDarko posted:

We need to have a serious discussion about what the strongest color of ink is. It's lime green by the way.

:yeah:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

JackDarko posted:

Correctomundo

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
How do you gain points in the salmon run/how do I get lots of points quickly? Do the orange power points do anything beside litter the screen?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
salmon run trip report: pubbies are real bad at killing the inflating headbomb boss

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I love how the aerospray mg is the best turf war kit by miles and miles again

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

e; Jarogue: if you have the stingray and a fly fish spawns in that spot on high tide, have to burn it to take them down right away. Are you having trouble with auth gettin ginto discord or just don't have it?

Bot keeps telling me that the string isn't there

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The best ink is orange in Salmon Run because then it looks like you part of some 90's fish based Nickelodeon hellscape with the orange and green ink fighting each other

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
The lime green boys are strong, this pleases me.

EDIT: I'll concede orange is strong for Salmon Run.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Dr. VooDoo posted:

90's fish based Nickelodeon hellscape with the orange and green ink fighting each other

That's pretty much the premise of the game

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

What's your favorite map and why is it moray towers

Also, I looked it up and they nerfed stealth jump so now it still shows you as jumping in within a certain proximity, so that's lame

Tatsuta Age fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 23, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

JackDarko posted:

I've been getting a lot of lemonade vs pink lemonade matches, which I like.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Jarogue posted:

Is it any different if you join the main goon discord?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759565

When I joined the Nintengoons one, I just got a message saying I was already authenticated.

EDIT: apparently this is the current link for that thread, but the discord link in the old one should hopefully still work
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816162

Peewi fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 23, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Are you supposed to roll over people or get in the middle of a group of enemies and detonate with the Baller special?

Also how do you use the Point Sensor properly?

I want to use the .52 gal but I can't figure out how to use its kit properly

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm so fuckin bad at single player you guys. Especially the ones with the Octolings. Their accuracy is scary.

Best ink colour is orange, worst ink combo in games is darkish blue/pink because I'm just colourblind enough that I can't tell them apart at a glance

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Jarogue posted:

The quotes around your name are the issue.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

ZeButler posted:

The quotes around your name are the issue.

Thanks

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm so fuckin bad at single player you guys. Especially the ones with the Octolings. Their accuracy is scary.

Best ink colour is orange, worst ink combo in games is darkish blue/pink because I'm just colourblind enough that I can't tell them apart at a glance

Consider Octolings practice for aiming in multiplayer.

The first stage they show up in is practically a multiplayer stage.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Escobarbarian posted:

There's an option in the settings to lock the current colors in, if you have to.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
For some reason playing the single player tires my arms but not the multiplayer. :confused:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So do all Salmon Run players get these same bonuses/points/whatever, regardless of performance?

I guess I don't really understand the point of this mode other than to have fun. It looks like I can unlock some new gear but that will take forever

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Astro7x posted:

So do all Salmon Run players get these same bonuses/points/whatever, regardless of performance?

I guess I don't really understand the point of this mode other than to have fun. It looks like I can unlock some new gear but that will take forever

You get some bonuses from it, but yes, the point is just to have fun. It's just an alternate game mode.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 23, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Astro7x posted:

Well yes, generally the point of playing a game is to have fun :regd09:

But unlocking the bonuses isn't that hard. It looks bad at the start but as you reach higher ranks you get way more points. So if you're actually good at it you can unlock stuff pretty quickly. I played for aboutt an hour and a half this morning and almost filled out my entire rewards card.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Astro7x posted:

I guess I don't really understand the point of this mode other than to have fun.

in a video game? god forbid

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What's the name of the song with the funky bass scales, that one is my favorite.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Internet Kraken posted:

But unlocking the bonuses isn't that hard. It looks bad at the start but as you reach higher ranks you get way more points. So if you're actually good at it you can unlock stuff pretty quickly. I played for aboutt an hour and a half this morning and almost filled out my entire rewards card.

Okay, that's what I was looking for. It just seemed like it was a LOOOONG grind to get some near gear.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The worst ink color is the mint green one. It's kinda gross to me.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i wonder what splatoon ink tastes like

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo I'm sitting in 1-900 INKS trying to get some more salmon runs going.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Futaba Anzu posted:

I imagine the smell of gak whenever I play this.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

There's an option in the settings to lock the current colors in, if you have to.

Slight correction: that option doesn't lock the current colour, it always sets the colours to yellow vs indigo.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

they use squid ink as a sauce in japan so i imagine it's not inedible

badCombina
Jun 6, 2013

You're the DJ of this gig!
sooo are motions control really da bomb? i keep reading that it is but can’t bring myself to get over that hurdle

President Ark
May 16, 2010

vrklgn posted:

sooo are motions control really da bomb? i keep reading that it is but can’t bring myself to get over that hurdle

they're cool, protip: adjust joystick sensitivity way up and motion sensitivity down so you use the joystick for fast movement and the motion for precise stuff

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

vrklgn posted:

Yes. It's what sets the game apart for me. There's no auto aim without them like most other console shooters so the game feels sluggish without them.

Rollers don't need them though.

WORLDS BEST BABY
Aug 26, 2006

Is there any way to play ranked with friends, or is the league mode the only way?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How do I unlock the amiibo equipment? Right now they only let me save my load out.

Also I can't find the name of that turf war song with the funky bass scales and it's making me mad!!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

President Ark posted:

they're cool, protip: adjust joystick sensitivity way up and motion sensitivity down so you use the joystick for fast movement and the motion for precise stuff

Alternatively, set motion high and joystick low. See what works for you :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I like how you set separate sensitivities for handheld vs docked, so I can aim without tilting the screen out of my view :v: