Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Salmon run is some good poo poo when you get in the higher ranks and play voice coms with goons.

Gives you insane rewards for multi-player, especially meal tickets, and as neph puts it, mad fat stacks of cash. You will want to do this every so often because more money lets you do ability poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

who is the mother fucker who created level 19 in the single player campaign

i demand to know your name and why they haven't fired you yet

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

President Ark posted:

they use squid ink as a sauce in japan so i imagine it's not inedible

Yeah but after twenty minutes sitting in the kind of sunshine Inkopolis gets

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

who is the mother fucker who created level 19 in the single player campaign

i demand to know your name and why they haven't fired you yet

So how do you like that Sunken Scroll :smuggo:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Can't wait to blast fools with the umbrella shotgun

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

bizarre deformity posted:

How do I unlock the amiibo equipment? Right now they only let me save my load out.

Also I can't find the name of that turf war song with the funky bass scales and it's making me mad!!

I dunno, they at least give me stuff because I'm apparently so fresh for some reason. Play some more.

Also the rhythm mini-game has all the track names. Check that out.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Should be Level 1 for headgear, Level 6 for Main Body, Level 9 for Shoes in regards to the Amiibo outfits. Not sure if Callie and Marie are the same.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm hoping the mayo vs ketchup Splatfest has white and red ink

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

pichupal posted:

Should be Level 1 for headgear, Level 6 for Main Body, Level 9 for Shoes in regards to the Amiibo outfits. Not sure if Callie and Marie are the same.

Do you have to save your loadout to get the option to get gear?

Also, the alternate colored Splatoon amiibo do the same thing as the regular ones, right?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol at the amiibo ninja costume not having ninja squid.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Frankston posted:

Alternatively, set motion high and joystick low. See what works for you :)

the problem with that is that if you have motion on then you can't use the joystick to aim up/down, only left/right

Beezel
Mar 13, 2015
Sure do love watching my aerospray teammates run to the middle of the map to try and death match in turf war, only to get dunked on by people with duals and splattershots instead of inking turf like they should be.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It's this song, the best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOISYfESSl8

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

bizarre deformity posted:

Do you have to save your loadout to get the option to get gear?

Also, the alternate colored Splatoon amiibo do the same thing as the regular ones, right?

Alternate colour should do the same thing as the regular Splatoon 1 Amiibo, and it should give you the gear before the prompt to take a photo appears if you're past the right level.

I've never saved gear or taken a photo with my Amiibo and managed to get them, but I could be off about the Levels for the shoes, I was past 10 when I got my School Shoes.

No idea. Could be matches participated in? Something else that correlates with Level perhaps.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 24, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

pichupal posted:

You have to beat the single player before using Callie and Marie amiibo to get stuff. You just get a cute letter from each otherwise.

Itachi
Mar 31, 2001

LORD GLOOM, YOU HAVE A SUITOR
Has anyone else noticed that apparantly the best burger chain in Washington has survived into the post-apocalyptic squid civilization?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

pichupal posted:

Alternate colour should do the same thing as the regular Splatoon 1 Amiibo, and it should give you the gear before the prompt to take a photo appears if you're past the right level.

I've never saved gear or taken a photo with my Amiibo and managed to get them, but I could be off about the Levels for the shoes, I was past 10 when I got my School Shoes.

You should, you can take cute shots of popular squidkid past-times:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Having finished singleplayer with the umbrella, gently caress the umbrella

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jarogue posted:

So how do you like that Sunken Scroll :smuggo:

i got it actually but i loving HAAAAATEEEED IIIIIIT AUUUUUGH

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Can you skip the stupid loving tv show bullshit that very slowly explains which maps are available this hour?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Gunder posted:

Can you skip the stupid loving tv show bullshit that very slowly explains which maps are available this hour?

This is a very unfresh post

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Itachi posted:

Has anyone else noticed that apparantly the best burger chain in Washington has survived into the post-apocalyptic squid civilization?

That's neat, but also my eye is drawn to the Undertale Flowey boss trollface on the left.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
For people complaining about getting sniped cuz of your landing indicator when super jumping just slam a bomb down if you find yourself about to land in an ambush. It's hilarious

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Spacedad posted:

That's neat, but also my eye is drawn to the Undertale Flowey boss trollface on the left.

in this world, you either splat or get splatted

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I find myself liking thermal ink in practice way, way more than I thought I would by just reading the description.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Neat, the single player levels that you have to do with the charger the first time adds stuff to make up for your lack of range if you play them with another weapon.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Peewi posted:

Neat, the single player levels that you have to do with the charger the first time adds stuff to make up for your lack of range if you play them with another weapon.

That's cool. I'll probably unlock all the hero weapons if they change the balance for different loadouts.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Jeez, is it really that hard to commit three minutes to playing a round? Love it when 2/4 teammates are AFK.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
You press start to go in the equip menu, but I keep pressing start again to go back to the previous menu and nothing happens. Weird oversight.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Gimbal lock posted:

You press start to go in the equip menu, but I keep pressing start again to go back to the previous menu and nothing happens. Weird oversight.
B is back. It's not start/pause, it's +.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is there any special reward for beating single player levels with each weapon or is it just a completionist thing?

Also I can't wait for the next Splatfest so I can learn the name of that song I like so much. (it's the one where the singer sounded like they were saying "lonely road" at the end of one line. not that that will help anyone)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Escobarbarian posted:

Is there any special reward for beating single player levels with each weapon or is it just a completionist thing?

Also I can't wait for the next Splatfest so I can learn the name of that song I like so much. (it's the one where the singer sounded like they were saying "lonely road" at the end of one line. not that that will help anyone)
If you complete all levels with a certain weapon you unlock the Hero version of that weapon.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

You get the basic weapon kits reskinned with the single player weapons. Most notably the splattershot tk becomes the P-90 lookin thing.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Yeah well B doesn't get you in the equip menu.

Bill Barber posted:

It's not start/pause, it's +.

This is :goonsay: as hell

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This game has a tremendous ability to put me on a losing streak when I'm one win away from ranking up

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Gimbal lock posted:

Yeah well B doesn't get you in the equip menu.

This is :goonsay: as hell
Quit thinking of it as a start button, it's your fundamental problem. Just because you use a button to open a menu doesn't mean that the same button will exit the menu.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Bill Barber posted:

Quit thinking of it as a start button, it's your fundamental problem. Just because you use a button to open a menu doesn't mean that the same button will exit the menu.

Gee, how ever did you earn that title? :allears:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Pressing the start button again to immediately leave a menu is just plain good game design. It should be a norm at this point.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

Someone else asked this really recently but I was wondering how you get the clothes/shoes from the first game's main 3 amiibo. The reply to the other goon's post said you had to be level 9, but I'm 14 and no matter how many times I try it it just takes me back to the take a photo bit. They've all only given me the headwear.

So I found the solution for this elsewhere. It's weird, but after you get the hat you have to go to the Equip menu - Other - amiibo and save a gear set to that amiibo. Then go back to the main amiibo bit and scan it and you get the shirt/shoes (provided you're the right level)

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm glad celebratory squid dances are still a community norm