Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Generic American posted:

I want to pretend that the Killjoys costuming department pulled Pree's glorious wig out of the leftovers pile from Defiance. :allears:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Datak Tar, never had that curl game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe I misheard it but it sounded like they said he used something to grow all that hair real quick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
QUoted from the BSS Movie thread, Krypton sounds very interesting

Krypton—set in its own branch of DC continuity for reasons that are about to become incredibly clear—is not fully set in the past. In fact, its overarching premise is rooted in the present: because DC heroes Adam Strange and Hawkwoman will be major characters in the series, sent by a mysterious figure back in time on the biggest missions of their lives: return to the years before Krypton’s destruction and safeguard the bloodline of Superman, the House of El, from villains also sent from the present who want to erase Superman by altering the course of history.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Blood Drive is amazing thanks thread. I like how it's like one of the raunchiest things I've ever seen on tv, even HBO. Meanwhile, on the same channel, Dark Matter can't even say poo poo, instead they covered with switching to another scene of someone saying ship. Seriously how does this show not have a thread?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Because i would look like a Tumblr gif dump.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Blood Drive is amazing thanks thread. I like how it's like one of the raunchiest things I've ever seen on tv, even HBO. Meanwhile, on the same channel, Dark Matter can't even say poo poo, instead they covered with switching to another scene of someone saying ship. Seriously how does this show not have a thread?

I don't know where we talk about it but Dark Matter does get a lot of chat. Well, for a canadian scifi show anyways.

Speaking of, Orphan Black went hardcore tonight. Yeeeeeeeesh

EDIT: Dark Matter thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3823084

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Christian Ochoa's Instagram is pretty dope. She's mad for diving.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW3XpldlSB1

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

bring back old gbs posted:

I don't know where we talk about it but Dark Matter does get a lot of chat. Well, for a canadian scifi show anyways.

Speaking of, Orphan Black went hardcore tonight. Yeeeeeeeesh

EDIT: Dark Matter thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3823084

I was talking about Blood Drive

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I laughed at all the 4th wall breaking in the 2 episodes especially the lecture Slink got on how people don't care about story and want only tits/violence in their TV shows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, okay then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S6Mi4-ZyZI

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Good to see Sci-Fi is making another comedy series.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Huh, I was expecting this to be like a wacky Ash vs the Evil Dead kinda thing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Huh, I was expecting this to be like a wacky Ash vs the Evil Dead kinda thing

Ash vs Evil Dead was amazing

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I'm super into whatever the hell that show is. Plus, it's Simon Barry, so it's always going to be this weird mix of great characterisation, interesting structural concepts and being (at least) a little bit dorky.

That trailer made me laugh and feel unsettled, so I'd be there regardless.

(Speaking of Barry, here's the trailer for the second season of Van Helsing -- which I also ended up really enjoying, bar the super weird final episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCDFpYnBS3A)

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

Because i would look like a Tumblr gif dump.

I feel like you just described 60 percent of TVIV threads.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

WOT! Syfy is loving with a hard dick these days,

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
And here's a first look at Happy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KoL3R1Hcro

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Van Helsing S1 kind of pissed me off with its whole kill off any and every character you even start to get remotely invested in thing.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

STAC Goat posted:

Van Helsing S1 kind of pissed me off with its whole kill off any and every character you even start to get remotely invested in thing.

Blame Game of Thrones for that poo poo. Why do the legwork of character development when you can just kill off interesting characters for the shock value. People will still love it.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

STAC Goat posted:

whole season felt really strange outside of like the first 3 or 4? most of the cast is dead or unlikeable by the end...really weird choice.

Might be a Simon Barry thing though. First season of continuum is nothing like any of the other seasons of the show. Once they figured out what the audience did, that Kira sucks, show got a whole lot better by focusing on other characters and the world.

Van Helsing s1 felt like they didn't know what kinda show they wanted to make. A walking dead apocalypse style roadtrip? or a bleak meditation on how humans are selfish assholes and if you aren't a selfish rear end in a top hat it's probably going to end badly for you

EDIT: Will say though, s2 trailer looks solid. I'm liking all the gore which is one thing i appreciated about s1.

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 26, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I was going to make the Game of Thrones comparison but it felt too clunky.

I'll probably still watch S2 at least a little since the effects and monster stuff seems interesting. But I'm totally uninvested in any of it with all the decisions made in S1. There's nothing actually drawing me back to the show except the trailer and I'm resigned to not letting myself care about anything after S1.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Van Helsing is essentially 'Nihilism, the TV show, with Vampires.'

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiZWVa72qyY

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

This show has absolutely no right to be as good as it is.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Also dat rear end was awesome.

Lolling at stuff like like Aki's amazing breakfast recipes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else notice that Kelly Overton (Van Helsing) and Melanie Scrofano (Wynona Earp) look alike? It's kind of weird.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Slink is amazing.

So, even though they've said gently caress a billion times, I'm really surprised they got away with motherfuckers.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 27, 2017

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

muscles like this! posted:

Anyone else notice that Kelly Overton (Van Helsing) and Melanie Scrofano (Wynona Earp) look alike? It's kind of weird.

Syfy has a type.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yo how the gently caress is Slink suuuuuuuuch a good character? I mean its probably good the entire show isnt entirely about him so you don't get tired of the schtick but at the same time I kinda just want the show to be about him. The actor's killing it, and his accent is amazing without being obviously forced.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Yo how the gently caress is Slink suuuuuuuuch a good character? I mean its probably good the entire show isnt entirely about him so you don't get tired of the schtick but at the same time I kinda just want the show to be about him. The actor's killing it, and his accent is amazing without being obviously forced.

"oh please, you can't out dandy me"

Slink is definitely the best.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tokubetsu posted:

"oh please, you can't out dandy me"

Slink is definitely the best.

I was just about to edit my post with that quote.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I absolutely love how most of the time, he can't even get "Blood Drive" out without going melodramatic. Growing up, he was just Major Davis from Stargate, but between this and Falling Skies, the guy is seriously underrated.

I was trying to figure out why the Old Man was so familiar, but then I remembered Blood Drive is filmed in South Africa, and realized he's Richard Guthrie from Black Sails :stare:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KatWithHands posted:

I absolutely love how most of the time, he can't even get "Blood Drive" out without going melodramatic. Growing up, he was just Major Davis from Stargate, but between this and Falling Skies, the guy is seriously underrated.

I was trying to figure out why the Old Man was so familiar, but then I remembered Blood Drive is filmed in South Africa, and realized he's Richard Guthrie from Black Sails :stare:

OHHHHH poo poo he was the long haired motorcycle cool guy from Falling Skies

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

He took Pope, went down the rabbit hole.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

OHHHHH poo poo he was the long haired motorcycle cool guy from Falling Skies

Ohhhhhh yeah. Holy poo poo indeed. Now that it's been mentioned I can totally see it, wow.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

*shrug* Secret poo poo.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
i always forget that this is some alt 1999 but then they do poo poo like in the flashback intro where barbie has to hold an intercomm button down at the drive thru. Nice little detail.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If the world ever becomes a apocalyptic hellscape I'm ok with being one of the partiers in the mayhem tour who gets smoked by whatever hosed up scenario happens on any given leg of the Blood Drive. Beats living in the hosed up normality of whatever Heart is creating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If the world ever becomes a apocalyptic hellscape I'm ok with being one of the partiers in the mayhem tour who gets smoked by whatever hosed up scenario happens on any given leg of the Blood Drive. Beats living in the hosed up normality of whatever Heart is creating

i imagine theres probably a strong cult like following that does this. Probably makes tshirts everytime they survive one of these events.

"I Survived Savage Lands '98"