Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Putting guns in the Collection Book puts the schematic in, not just a gun. Now I have no guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

sushibandit posted:

Are the weapon llamas worth it, or should I stick with the upgrade ones always, especially early on? Mainly trying to find legendary/epic/whatever handgun and sniper/assault rifles to upgrade/evolve and remain useful in missions above my rank.

The few Purple and Oranges that I've found have been in the 350 cost llamas and the founder's pack llamas.

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss

sushibandit posted:

Are the weapon llamas worth it, or should I stick with the upgrade ones always, especially early on? Mainly trying to find legendary/epic/whatever handgun and sniper/assault rifles to upgrade/evolve and remain useful in missions above my rank.

The weapon llamas are less efficient in V-bucks per item, but you get to focus on what you want.

If all you really care about is weapons then sure, you won't get Survivors, Heroes, or Exp chips.

I'm under the impression that the regular 100 V-buck llama is the better investment, or possibly saving up and buying the 11 Llama for 1000 V-bucks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Finally got enough bux for the Founders llama.
Got a sweet rifle.

I hate the lol wacky humor (Llamas! Bacon! Space wizards!) but it's not so aggressive that I can't ignore it.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

az posted:

Game is fun, if anyone wants to buy standard editions for 25% or so off i got a few kicking around.
Still got these on offer? I'm interested

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If anyone wants just a standard edition, let the thread know.

If I upgrade to the next time I can give someone a copy of the game and nab some more rewards.

Goons helping goons.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

If anyone wants just a standard edition, let the thread know.
Hi! Me please.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kromlech posted:

Hi! Me please.

PM me and we can arrange something.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Enjoying the game so far. its exactly what i expected out of it, so no major disappointments or anything. But i also did my research going in.

We will see if the game has legs.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's very fun, it's nice to place a minecraft-ish game that has thought out design and a budget.

Looks like it's server based instead of peer to peer too.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Does anyone know if you can pick up placed objects or do you have to destroy them and lose the materials? I found you can travel to your home base any time to build and fix all the garbage your friends put down in the defence missions so I'm trying to make 'er look pretty.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Kromlech posted:

Still got these on offer? I'm interested

Yep, if you haven't gotten one yet drop me your email and you'll have it today.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vitamin P posted:

Putting guns in the Collection Book puts the schematic in, not just a gun. Now I have no guns.

I hope they make something about this. Is some kind of noob trap there in the main menu.

Anyway I think more schematics drop later on, no?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Went to buy the game, the website gave me a big warning that said FORTNITE WILL BE FREE TO PLAY IN 2018

Guess I'll wait?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ad by Khad posted:

Went to buy the game, the website gave me a big warning that said FORTNITE WILL BE FREE TO PLAY IN 2018

Guess I'll wait?

Nobody can tell you how better use your hard earned money. But we can tell you that this is a unique mix of Minecraft, Tower Defense and Horde game. All the elements are there and work well together. Thats pretty unique and fun.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Looks like they're doing an AMA on Reddit right now.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Skandranon posted:

From the private game server thread, there's a Discord server available at https://discord.gg/qC4Qjtf

Quoting myself to bump, could this get added to the OP?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Game has some issues but overrall I had a pretty good time with it. Collecting things, building things and shooting things.

I am seconding the opinions that the initial start is way to slow and they should ramp the difficulty up. The inventory management and back-pack management is kind of a disaster and can be improved a lot.

The game keeps telling me about my storm shield inventory but I have no idea how to put things in it or see what is in it.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

BadLlama posted:

The game keeps telling me about my storm shield inventory but I have no idea how to put things in it or see what is in it.
If you go to your storm shield defense mission and access the storm shield computer thing there's a tab in the interface for some storage. I think it starts with like 5 slots? Mine had a bunch of ammo in it when I checked for some reason.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ImpactVector posted:

If you go to your storm shield defense mission and access the storm shield computer thing there's a tab in the interface for some storage. I think it starts with like 5 slots? Mine had a bunch of ammo in it when I checked for some reason.

If you put things in it do you get to access it during missions?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

BadLlama posted:

If you put things in it do you get to access it during missions?
Not that I know of. It's pretty dumb.

I think I stuck an emergency rocket launcher and rifle in there.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
If you get a quest reward like a gun but your backpack is full, it will go to your base storage and ignore your storage limit, so you don't lose the reward entirely. Mine had some random ammo in it too though, so that might just be a noob supply bump.

Also if you access the storage at someone else's base you'll access your own.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Whats the playerbase for this like? The lack of people really talking about this and huge development time, it wouldnt surprise me if it's DOA

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
no idea, but I always have at least 3 people in any online game I play in it

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

StabMasterArson posted:

Whats the playerbase for this like? The lack of people really talking about this and huge development time, it wouldnt surprise me if it's DOA

I don't think I have waited more than 20 seconds for a team all yesterday.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

StabMasterArson posted:

So we've got at least 4-5 Goons online most of the time (well, for the weekend anyways), and around 20 or so who have joined the Discord server. As to the pubbie playerbase at large, you can easily find people to jump into missions with (if you can stand them... they aren't terrible, but their bases usually look like garbage.

ImpactVector posted:

Not that I know of. It's pretty dumb.

I think I stuck an emergency rocket launcher and rifle in there.

Storm Shield storage can actually be quite useful, you can put stacks of 999 wood/stone/metal, so you can harvest more while out, and then spend a good hour laying out 5000 metal worth of material on your base. I also use it to store some of the standard traps I use, so I can keep my components from taking up too much space in my backpack. They stack up to 20.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

StabMasterArson posted:

About 20K viewers on Twitch, fwiw.

I agree the lack of talk is a little disconcerting. I'd say anyone who plans to play with others ought to make sure they have some friends who also bought in.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

If you have any questions about this game hit me up, I partook in the closed alpha for over a year. I also have 2 standard editions for 25$ each PM me if you are interested. I sit in the tanks/ships discord channel. Just look for the name Bart. Come hit me up if you want to chat about the game, or if you want any more information on what you should spend your vbucks on etc..

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Equate posted:

If you have any questions about this game hit me up, I partook in the closed alpha for over a year. I also have 2 standard editions for 25$ each PM me if you are interested. I sit in the tanks/ships discord channel. Just look for the name Bart. Come hit me up if you want to chat about the game, or if you want any more information on what you should spend your vbucks on etc..

Any high-level pointers on resource use would be appreciated. Seems like V-bux are best used on llamas and that you should slot dupe schematics in your collection, but even then, I'm afraid I'm missing something.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Equate posted:

If you have any questions about this game hit me up, I partook in the closed alpha for over a year.
They seem to be missing some serious QoL things in the current build (accessing backpack/crafting from main menu, no "remove structure" function).

Has it come a long way in that time? Or have the F2P bits crept in and made it clunky? Just kind of curious where it was sitting a year ago and what kind of progress we might expect.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Any high-level pointers on resource use would be appreciated. Seems like V-bux are best used on llamas and that you should slot dupe schematics in your collection, but even then, I'm afraid I'm missing something.

So for the collection book, honestly you only need one of each schematic unless you want to have different levels. Reasoning is that there are four different tiers to the game, (the four different areas). Each tier has its own set of tiered resources which coincides with the star level of your weapons and traps. levels 1-10 11-20 and so on and so forth are different tiers. That saying, you can keep lower level weapons that are cheaper on resources, if you want. However you will obtain them later on. So don't level past your area. If you are really hurting on resources use an outlander with the chance to double resources as your main hero, also slot an outlander with the double % chance in your support(or tactical) slot.

Now back to collection, so the collection book the only rewards that I remember that are worthwhile are the 14th and 44th ish. You can slot schematics in it, you can also go back and upgrade slotted schematics. However once slotted they are are gone to the player and only exist in the book. Meaning you can no longer use that hero/weapon etc...

What to spend vbucks on? Depends on what you need, the current llama rate is something along the lines of 11-14% silver and 4-6% gold. I do not know the jackpot rate unfortunately (jackpot can occur on any llama and it gives you 4-6x the card amount of the llama). There is a daily llama that changes at or around 6pm central. If you need heroes/people wait for the 1000 Super people Llama, if you need weapons, get the weapon llama's, so on and so forth. The special llama's have a chance to upgrade also (unless it says it is guaranteed to upgrade)

I keep 1 of each hero of each class of the highest level, just for the tactical/support bonus. If I see a class that has a bonus I will use with the same class, Such as a soldier (which I use as a main) and the same soldier with a good bonus, I will keep both. Otherwise you don't need to keep multiple heros.

***Transmuting - You can transmute ANY item into ANY item if you have a blueprint for transmutation. it takes 5 or 6 RARE(BLUE) Heroes for 1 purple. Heroes are worth the most in terms of transmutation points. It does cost a poo poo ton of survivors (the people resources),somewhere around 450 I think for a purple hero.

The only different between purple/legend/mythic Heroes are stats, they have the same skills. The legend/mythic heroes' stats increase a bit more, but cost more.

They seem to be missing some serious QoL things in the current build (accessing backpack/crafting from main menu, no "remove structure" function).

Has it come a long way in that time? Or have the F2P bits crept in and made it clunky? Just kind of curious where it was sitting a year ago and what kind of progress we might expect.

They have done a lot over the year. There are systems I miss, such as an individual skill tree for each character which allowed a huge amount of character customization which was awesome. They also took away turrets which were a bit OP. I also enjoyed the OLD UI, but they have improved things a bit. Those concerns you hit on I have hit on in feedback, so have other players. The only thing we can do is leave feedback to better the game. The core game was there a year ago, the improvements are within the characters (a huge amount more now), more quests, more skills etc.. As for progress, I believe they are working on other areas, but I am not sure on that.

The biggest concern with this game is the RNG, so weapons have different stats, depending on the rarity Grey with 1 -> legend with 5, Those stats can be anything. So you are aiming to get a decent weapon with the right stats for its type, +damage +mag size etc...

However the more people you play with, the more that RNG diversity goes out the window since you can give each other resources to craft weapons and traps for you. The only REAL problem for you are heroes/survivors
There are 64 total survivor slots that effect your stats. You could work with having 0 weapons (if you know people) but you need decent survivors.. eventually.

The game is fun, its different and a good co-op game. I play with my children and some buddies. The only bad thing is the first area communication is lackluster, people don't talk, they don't communicate. The higher level area things change when the enemies get a lot harder. The game also throws heroes and survivors at you as you play the game.

Equate fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 24, 2017

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
Good info, thanks for sharing.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
The game got really good for me on leaving Stonewall. It helped that the last mission there was just me and one other guy, but we put down traps and built proper walls and then we actually needed them, it was way more fun than just going out and shooting the spawns as I was always able to do before. The gimmick of lots of ranged enemies and there's a gently caress-off tall rocket to protect was a fun little switch up, I hope the devs add more things like that in the future.

Actually losing missions now, it's much more fun to have to build and think a little.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
Right, was playing with m2tt and a Skandranon and we had a mission where the storm moved a few times and changed the enemy spawn while doing the defense timer. So thats a thing that can happen.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Vitamin P posted:

The game got really good for me on leaving Stonewall. It helped that the last mission there was just me and one other guy, but we put down traps and built proper walls and then we actually needed them, it was way more fun than just going out and shooting the spawns as I was always able to do before. The gimmick of lots of ranged enemies and there's a gently caress-off tall rocket to protect was a fun little switch up, I hope the devs add more things like that in the future.

Actually losing missions now, it's much more fun to have to build and think a little.

Yep, the game gets harder past the first area.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Equate posted:

Yep, the game gets harder past the first area.

That's good to hear, I'm about 6/10 at the first area and you basically never need traps. I do need to re-think how I lay them out though. In my mind the zombies are going to work exactly like they do in orcs must die so I built a long path full of traps for the zombies to path through but they just end up attacking the low walls and completely ruining my well laid plan. Bastards.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
EDIT: Thanks

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 25, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have not invested any xp into traps, are there some good ones I should really consider putting points into it?

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

BadLlama posted:

I have not invested any xp into traps, are there some good ones I should really consider putting points into it?

The best bang for your buck in terms of damage,durability, and cost are wooden spike traps. They also slow enemies down.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

That's good to hear, I'm about 6/10 at the first area and you basically never need traps. I do need to re-think how I lay them out though. In my mind the zombies are going to work exactly like they do in orcs must die so I built a long path full of traps for the zombies to path through but they just end up attacking the low walls and completely ruining my well laid plan. Bastards.

Eventually the storm moves on its own, plus different kinds of enemies show up and the game gets interesting with different element enemies that blow up certain walls easier, plus the amount of enemies increase. Like I said if you have any questions about the game I am in the world of tanks discord just sitting here. I can also help with base design and your OD's.

Also servers are currently down due to them trying to scale up their servers, they broke it. Currently TBD on them fixing it.

Equate fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
What about the RED SKULL icon on the minimap that is like a storm/blackhole that damages you? is that anything special?

• Locked thread