Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Been thinking of maybe getting a switch and this is the first game ive seen to really sway me. If I played the first Splatoon and didn't really love the online gameplay from it but wanted to give it a go in the second one, and also will probably mostly play by myself, is this game worth buying the switch for? tia

If you didn't like the online gameplay in the first one then I would say no. The single player and coop are great but the online multiplayer is still the core of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Been thinking of maybe getting a switch and this is the first game ive seen to really sway me. If I played the first Splatoon and didn't really love the online gameplay from it but wanted to give it a go in the second one, and also will probably mostly play by myself, is this game worth buying the switch for? tia

It's more of the same and the new coop mode currently has limited availability online so no. The singleplayer is fun but definitely not a system seller.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Someone should come up with a good looking petition-like post for Splatnet 2 indicating how utterly stupid it is that the horde mode has limited availability. I bought this game for the horde mode, I'm staying for the horde mode. I'd do it myself but I don't think #24/7Grizzco is very catchy...

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Does the splattershot pro have a greater range then the tentatek one? As usual for multiplayer shooters I cant find a single gun that feels right for me. I'm weird.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Solid gold high top sneakers with 3 slots and run speed main ability in my shop :stare:

Yesterday I bought a Japanese style satin bomber jacket with the exact same stats

Thanks game for letting me be Fresh :whatup:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Is there a way to leave lobby that is searching for players, other than resetting the game?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DaveKap posted:

Someone should come up with a good looking petition-like post for Splatnet 2 indicating how utterly stupid it is that the horde mode has limited availability. I bought this game for the horde mode, I'm staying for the horde mode. I'd do it myself but I don't think #24/7Grizzco is very catchy...

They force the rotation in Ranked and Salmon Run because it channels the entire playerbase into those times. Puts a stop to what happens in 99% of multiplayer games with various modes, where it eventually dwindles down to most of the playerbase huddling in regular/team deathmatch.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

If you didn't like the online gameplay in the first one then I would say no. The single player and coop are great but the online multiplayer is still the core of the game.

Lakbay posted:

It's more of the same and the new coop mode currently has limited availability online so no. The singleplayer is fun but definitely not a system seller.

Thanks for the info. I might reconsider my options in a few weeks and see if I still want it or not.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Zaphod42 posted:

For beating the campaign sure, but within the context of re-beating every level over and over with other weapons to unlock them?

You don't get tickets until you've already maxed out all your weapon upgrades.

I'm not saying the single player is a waste of time brah relax.

Uh, what? There's tickets in the levels you can get by finding them, no unlocks needed. Are there more tickets after you've upgraded weapons?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Lobstertainment posted:

Does the splattershot pro have a greater range then the tentatek one? As usual for multiplayer shooters I cant find a single gun that feels right for me. I'm weird.

I think the Pro gains a little range at the cost of firing speed, but not sure. I know the N-Zapper and Jet Squelcher (unlocks at 17 or 18) both have pretty good range, but do a little less damage. Of course, the Aerospray gets good range as well, but isn't as accurate as the others at long distances.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Zeruel posted:

I'm fresh as hell

I'm hoping that Splatoon will see the same kind of balancing as Arms seems to have.

Also how do you use the curling bomb special properly? I just try poo poo out as many as I can in various directions.

e: lmao didn't realise how many ink refills up I have

Using the Aerospray does not make one "fresh". :colbert:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah :shrug: at least building the code and installing it on a fightstick is beyond most people's skill or patience

IIRC emulating USB HID is trivial; Unless there's something I'm not considering this should be fairly trivial to do with any cheap MCU on the market today. I'm actually kind of surprised that this guy went with an existing stick rather than throwing some code onto a Teensy or other MCU.

edit: Actually I guess debugging to figure out what to impersonate as is probably more difficult than I'm imagining so disregard.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jul 24, 2017

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Do multiple bonuses of the same type stack?
edit: yes, they do but with possible diminishing returns. Sorry for not reading back.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Rexroom posted:

Using the Aerospray does not make one "fresh". :colbert:

Aerospray more like Aeroshame

I am sick of using it in Turf War but everything pales in comparison

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
so i got a piece or gear from annie then later saw the same the same gear in the shop with a different main ability that i would rather have had but couldn't buy it cuz i owned it already.

I figured id have some way to get rid of or swap out the old piece since you can do that for the salmon run gear but couldn't find anything.

Am i missin somethin or am i just stuck with the first piece i bought? Are the splatnet gear and shop gear even supposed to have different main abilities?

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

I'll be the one that comes out and says it: the matchmaking is uh non existent in unranked. 16 stomp losses in a row yowza. Half a level until 10 and i can be free.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Which one of you is this

Also, I don't feel like this will ever happen again:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lobstertainment posted:

I'll be the one that comes out and says it: the matchmaking is uh non existent in unranked. 16 stomp losses in a row yowza. Half a level until 10 and i can be free.

I really wish there was a Turf War only ranked mode. I have zero interest in anything that isn't Turf War. I keep typing Turd War. Thanks for reading.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lobstertainment posted:

Yeah right now matchmaking is frontloaded with a lot of S+'s due to unintentional smurfing. Give it a few weeks and hopefully it will all get sorted properly.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Ranked is good fun.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Kilometers Davis posted:

I have zero interest in anything that isn't Turf War. I keep typing Turd War. Thanks for reading.

I only want to play Rainmaker and Tower Control but the game keeps forcing splat zones or turf war on me every 6 hours or so

Grizzco is pretty much closed for the entire week for me because of my schedule so I'll have to suffer through the modes I don't like

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Wait do they honest to god just lock up access to the horde mode for no real reason?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

causticBeet posted:

Wait do they honest to god just lock up access to the horde mode for no real reason?

It would be Nintendo without ~FALSE SCARCITY~

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The reasons are: not wanting to split the queue too much and not wanting people to farm the bonuses

I feel like they're really flimsy reasons and the only other option is local play but I don't think many people have 3 other friends with individual Switches

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Does the Splatnet app list the Grizz Co schedule anywhere?

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

causticBeet posted:

Yup. I wouldn't be a Nintendo game if having fun with your friends online was actually easy and straightforward.

Lakbay posted:

Aerospray more like Aeroshame

I am sick of using it in Turf War but everything pales in comparison

I don't know. Aerospray has amazing coverage but the effective range is practically arms length. It's good if you can get the drop on someone but if you go head-to-head with someone with Dualies or a Gusher and you are going to generally have a bad time. Even a decently aimed Splattershot will cut you down before you can get range.

Calihan fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 24, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Every cooler should produce a golden egg if they're hit before they land.

The chinooks drop golden eggs, killing the coolers just stops them from spawning. Really you just need to take care of the chinooks and fend off the mother ship - one roller can manage every single thing spawning on the map.

Internet Kraken posted:

Mr. Grizz's favorite little worker

I can't believe people complained about this weapon set. They are more specalized than the last one but when everyone plays to their strengths they work so well together.

What the hell am I supposed to do now though? Actually play the other modes?

Nice to see Profreshional just rises in points - over the weekend I went up to 80 and wasn't sure what was going to happen (before playing with low rank and tanking back to Over Achiever because who the gently caress knows how they calculate group difficulty). Were you getting to 250% with a goon group in comms, or just pubbies? I imagine after a certain point there aren't many pubbies left - we tried to get a 4th at one point and got dropped into a 3 man game because there wasn't anyone at our %.

e; Are there new waves post Mothership? There's nothing else in the manual, but I haven't seen beyond 205%.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 24, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Calihan posted:

Aerospray has amazing coverage

That's all you need for Turf War

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Does the Splatnet app list the Grizz Co schedule anywhere?

I think the app will just tell you if its up. You can check the schedule from the start menu in game though.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Sounds like someone needs to make issalmonrunup.com.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If the other team is going ham on Aerospray then you need to be aggressive in forcing them to fight. Dead squids can't ink and nearly all weapons outpace the Aerospray when it comes to that

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLO-VcPtOnA

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If the other team is going ham on Aerospray then you need to be aggressive in forcing them to fight. Dead squids can't ink and nearly all weapons outpace the Aerospray when it comes to that

Pretty much. Not to say the Aerospray isn't worth a spot on your team but stacking them will make you a liability against longer ranged weapons. Dualies especially seem to mow me down more often than not when I try to dance with one.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah right now matchmaking is frontloaded with a lot of S+'s due to unintentional smurfing. Give it a few weeks and hopefully it will all get sorted properly.

Makes sense. At least the game is so fun it doesn't feel as brutal.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Whats the freshness bonus that you get sometimes?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Zeruel posted:

Whats the freshness bonus that you get sometimes?

Using the same weapon a lot of games in a row.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/889365891074342912

Only thing slowing the sale of Splatoon 2 is Nintendo's inability to match the domestic demand of the Switch.

If we're counting games released post launch month, 500K would put it on a similar attach rate to Final Fantasy XIII's first week sales for the PS3 in Japan.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

enojy posted:

Also, I don't feel like this will ever happen again:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mmm...look at that top right corner on Blue. Good poo poo.