Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Joining guild as DrPibb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
When you reach level 30 you get to pick a Faction and I've been putting it off because I don't know how that affects clan relationships. Do we all have to be the same or does it not matter?

Sad 2 Da Bone
Feb 13, 2012
In as Adra, didn't know I still had that WoW itch.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Joined guild as Stacker.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

When you reach level 30 you get to pick a Faction and I've been putting it off because I don't know how that affects clan relationships. Do we all have to be the same or does it not matter?

Everything I am seeing says that factions are at war of sorts, so I would say we should all be the same side.

What are the choices, Light and Shadow?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yep and I read the server will suggest that you join the smaller side. I'm not going to choose right now.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

Yep and I read the server will suggest that you join the smaller side. I'm not going to choose right now.

I'll add a poll to the OP tomorrow and we will all vote on a faction.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Kegslayer fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 25, 2017

Cptain Amazing
Feb 4, 2008
Thats Gold
Joined as MerlinZ

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Applied to guild as Rhydar.

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world
I'll try this out, applied to the guild as exalted

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Playing as Snap

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

In as SomeoneAwful

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Played this up to 45ish on the sea servers a few months ago. Before I start here is there any class we seem to be lacking?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Roid666 posted:

Played this up to 45ish on the sea servers a few months ago. Before I start here is there any class we seem to be lacking?

A quick skim of the guild roster shows we have the fewest rangers of anything.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

In as LexiBelle.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

someone awful. posted:

A quick skim of the guild roster shows we have the fewest rangers of anything.

I'm one! Not joined up yet, what level do I have to be to apply?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm one! Not joined up yet, what level do I have to be to apply?

I think the feature unlocks at 10, but you might have to do the first group quest thingy first? It didn't unlock right at 10 for me.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
In as Roid! Let's pew pew some stuff!

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
In as DriveB

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003
Applied as Frohike

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How is Cleric for soloing?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

In as Flixxer

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
In as Lotari.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

RatHat posted:

How is Cleric for soloing?

As in soloing content? It works. I wouldn't try it in PvP or anything. The great thing about the spec system in this game is that you can just sqitch back and forth when needed, no costs, no running to an NOC, jist go into Skills and at the bottom there's a tab with Path or Talent or something like that. Just upgrade them all to the highest they can go. I usually do Cleric in dungeons and other group stuff and then one of the dps specs for PvP/solo questi g.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
From memory it's about lvl 36ish where you dont have enough resources to max 2 paths per level. So for mages, going healer and aoe/single target is fine til then.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
In as Grizzlefang. Lol at how much of this game plays itself. It's like the final form of MMOs.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Wait til you hit the harder raids.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Roid666 posted:

Wait til you hit the harder raids.

Yep I'm dealing with this now. The first three 5 man raids you can basically sleepwalk through, but I have yet to clear Goblint Camp. The difficulty jumps up considerably. Same thing with Dailies. Elemental Leader and Guild Hunt are on another level as well.

Hopefully it will get much easier to find a good 5 man team in a few weeks as people level up.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

doing the trial quests is hilarious, can do 20 a day and you just set it to go and it auto completes them all

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Joined as McGarnigle.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

"Played" this until 2AM this morning.. I'm not entirely sure why yet but I think I'm having fun?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I left it running all night idling just to get the 'logged in' bonuses.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

SomeoneAwful wot r u doin?

That's a neat little gimmick. Looks like it pulls a random name for one of the guild quests.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

So I'm guessing that the [G] in the above is for Guild quests, and I think the M is for main story line, but what about the other letters that I see for the quests? I haven't been able to figure them all out.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

is there any reason to craft in this game?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

queeb posted:

is there any reason to craft in this game?

Maybe at higher levels but so far i have seen no reason for crafting other than i believe it gets you some exp for mining/flower licking.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I've made a few pieces, and it seems to roll a chance for higher tier stuff. I crafted a normal chest piece for my level and it ended up being purple.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

SomeoneAwful wot r u doin?

That's a neat little gimmick. Looks like it pulls a random name for one of the guild quests.

Haha yeah, the guild quests are neat like that. Some of the quests for the guild had me kicking various goon player-named NPCs' asses in a duel, always a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

someone awful. posted:

Haha yeah, the guild quests are neat like that. Some of the quests for the guild had me kicking various goon player-named NPCs' asses in a duel, always a good time

Wait, you mean that romance subplot I had where I was fetch-questing flowers to woo my fellow guildie was fake? Cucked by a mobile mmo.

• Locked thread