Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Someone has some magical etch-a-sketch skills.

edit: page snype splatoon 2 rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Hey game stop giving me Cold Blooded aka The Worst Perk In The Game on literally all of my slots. I dunno if items have predetermined chances for perks or what, but I've got 12 Cold Blooded ability chunks and like 1-3 of everything else, if any.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Aerospray more like Aeroshame

I am sick of using it in Turf War but everything pales in comparison

N-ZAP inks turf almost as well but murders other squids much better

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I checked the app and they dont have a schedule for the Salmon Run today, since it's not open, does anyone know when it's supposed to start up again?

It's basically my favorite part of the game.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

enojy posted:

Hey game stop giving me Cold Blooded aka The Worst Perk In The Game on literally all of my slots. I dunno if items have predetermined chances for perks or what, but I've got 12 Cold Blooded ability chunks and like 1-3 of everything else, if any.

Unless you have a drink, nothing should be weighted. Random means some people see a bunch of poo poo.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Fancy Hat! posted:

I checked the app and they dont have a schedule for the Salmon Run today, since it's not open, does anyone know when it's supposed to start up again?

It's basically my favorite part of the game.

Salmon Run returns Tuesday 8AM to 8PM.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
e:^^^ What timezone is that?

:yeah:

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 24, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I'm really annoyed I can't go find the actual miiverse post for this to download it.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

deadwing posted:

N-ZAP inks turf almost as well but murders other squids much better

n-zap 85' has been my go to gun for ranked, though recently I've been trying the Nozzelnose, Jet Squelcher, and Slosher since the meta changed slightly upon hitting B-

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Nephzinho posted:

Salmon Run returns Tuesday 8AM to 8PM.

This is Eastern Standard Time btw

The one on Thursday is 2AM to 2PM EST

They really don't want day shift US people playing the next two salmon run sessions huh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm Aerospray 4 life because I'm loving terrible at all shooters and would likely lose any 1v1 showdown even with a better gun so I may as well just use the thing that's best for coverage and get hecka money

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

I'm gonna put on my tryhard source-your-quotes pants for a moment here and say that some of y'all, even the new folks, need to take some time to learn all the weapons to a point of basic competency. I heard a lot of complaining about weapons for today, but I agree entirely with Kraken, this weapon set was an amazing spread of some of the deadliest weapons in the game and there wasn't a single dud in there. Any problems were on the other side of the controller. And yeah, it's tryharding over a transitory internet videogame rank, but the benefit of being higher pay grade and maintaining it is going to make daily farming in the future a lot easier and there's reasons to want to stay up there - so when people don't know how to use basic weapon types and don't seem engaged in doing so, it don't feel great, yo.

I hear you, but the game's been out for literally three days.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I come from the elite line of :pcgaming: but I have always owned the Nintendo products, because obviously I am a huge manbaby fan boy. But god drat someone help me fix my horrible gyro aiming. Whenever I have played console shooters in the past I am so used to using the right analog to aim and move the crosshair up and down and left and right. I find myself trying to do that isntead of gyro aiming, and thus being really bad. When I do remember to gyro aim, I overdo it usually and slam it way too far in one direction. Will it just come with time? Any tips? I'm already committed to becoming hooked on this game, because it rules. Just want to be good at some point in the future.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I hear you, but the game's been out for literally three days.

Splat 1 bias. And some frustration from some vets losing Professional to helping out newer players. Feel like there will be a lot more "professional only" groups when Salmon Run isn't up 24 hours.

Lakbay posted:

n-zap 85' has been my go to gun for ranked, though recently I've been trying the Nozzelnose, Jet Squelcher, and Slosher since the meta changed slightly upon hitting B-

N-Zap is a great gun. For anyone who isn't quite sure what to play in ranked, remember that the base level 2 Splattershot kit is actually really well rounded. If you get a group with 4 brushes you're going to have problems. Same with aeros or Chargers or anything. Different maps and modes will benefit different weapons (see: Slosher on anything where you have height, brushes on anything with blind corners, etc) but the Splattershot will always be decent - this extends to the N-Zap and Splattershot Jr./Pro as basic "shoot things from medium range" weapons that will excel in all situation while you figure out what specialties you like.

If you want to learn Charger i highly recommend playing with them for a bit in the test range and then going out to Turf War knowing that you will lose a lot while racking up kills. If you are bad with the Charger you will tank ranked hard.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I come from the elite line of :pcgaming: but I have always owned the Nintendo products, because obviously I am a huge manbaby fan boy. But god drat someone help me fix my horrible gyro aiming. Whenever I have played console shooters in the past I am so used to using the right analog to aim and move the crosshair up and down and left and right. I find myself trying to do that isntead of gyro aiming, and thus being really bad. When I do remember to gyro aim, I overdo it usually and slam it way too far in one direction. Will it just come with time? Any tips? I'm already committed to becoming hooked on this game, because it rules. Just want to be good at some point in the future.

Imagine you're driving a bus or big truck and imagine you're holding the big horizontal wheel of those and how the bus driver uses it. That visualization helped me with left and right gyro aiming at least

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/Dschirtz74/status/889257861167165442

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's just...like using a laser pointer to point at what you want to shoot. You point at the thing you want dead.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Super hyped I was able to pick up a Switch this weekend & this game. Having a ton of fun between all the modes, co-op horde mode is awesome but however ranking up is handled is weird and kinda dumb? Seems like you can't go up when you have someone in you group with a lower rank...but you can go down! Limited windows to play is super dumb though - I didn't realize it was the case till now since it was up when me and my friends all wanted to try it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Friendship ended with [bucket].
[blaster] is my new best friend!

I'm not real excited about the toxic mist grenade that the first blaster comes with, but it's so much better for harassing the enemy team. A one-shot kill on a direct hit works out really well for me. I basically use it to ambush people who are trying to sneak around the side routes, and then I clean back up over the ink trail they brought with them.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

The memes, they're everywhere.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I couldn't play too much Splatoon yesterday because my wrist was killing me

RIP

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I've beaten the second boss of singleplayer mode and I'm finding it incredibly dull.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Wendell posted:

I've beaten the second boss of singleplayer mode and I'm finding it incredibly dull.

Single player has some cool moments and some great puns, but is mostly pretty dull. I'm going back for the splattershot P90 and just not even killing enemies as I plow through levels in 2-3 minutes a pop.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rexroom posted:

The memes, they're everywhere.

I get so irrationally upset at how hard some people are trying with these miiverse posts, but I'm really glad that they are making them. Better than super lovely drawings of Judd and squids and anime poo poo I guess.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

enojy posted:

I get so irrationally upset at how hard some people are trying with these miiverse posts, but I'm really glad that they are making them. Better than super lovely drawings of Judd and squids and anime poo poo I guess.

anime is good and whats wrong with some effort tho???

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nephzinho posted:

Nice to see Profreshional just rises in points - over the weekend I went up to 80 and wasn't sure what was going to happen (before playing with low rank and tanking back to Over Achiever because who the gently caress knows how they calculate group difficulty). Were you getting to 250% with a goon group in comms, or just pubbies? I imagine after a certain point there aren't many pubbies left - we tried to get a 4th at one point and got dropped into a 3 man game because there wasn't anyone at our %.

e; Are there new waves post Mothership? There's nothing else in the manual, but I haven't seen beyond 205%.

I got that high playing with randoms. My matchmaking was almost always super quick, though I did start seeing the same people occasionally. No idea how long that will remain the case.

There are no waves that the manual doesn't detail. However, I think the difficulty of Salmon Run scales infinitely. The higher I get the more the quota and spawn rate rises despite not achieving a new rank.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

enojy posted:

Why would other people producing quality content make you upset

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm the monster that actually really likes the carbon roller and am maining it. I'm sorry, I failed you all.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zelder posted:

Why would other people producing quality content make you upset

I said it was irrational!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

How are people making posts like that? Just very carefully doing pixel art compared to a something on their computer or is there some kind of program that somehow does it

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I got that high playing with randoms. My matchmaking was almost always super quick, though I did start seeing the same people occasionally. No idea how long that will remain the case.

There are no waves that the manual doesn't detail. However, I think the difficulty of Salmon Run scales infinitely. The higher I get the more the quota and spawn rate rises despite not achieving a new rank.

Cool, I have avoided pubbies pretty hard. If you can get through the 150%ish wall where the non-tutorial things start happening and pubbies just flail there seems to be a pretty good survivor bias of decent players. Interesting that the quotas keep climbing, I know in our group playing yesterday for a while there were a few wave 3's where we hit quota and immediately moved to "stay alive" mode where we just left eggs on the ground and spent the valuable delivery time killing another boss.

Should get in Discord tomorrow afternoon and join a group/comms and get those 1200 points for the day quick and see how high we can ride this poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

deadly_pudding posted:

Friendship ended with [bucket].
[blaster] is my new best friend!

I'm not real excited about the toxic mist grenade that the first blaster comes with, but it's so much better for harassing the enemy team. A one-shot kill on a direct hit works out really well for me. I basically use it to ambush people who are trying to sneak around the side routes, and then I clean back up over the ink trail they brought with them.

Keep your bucket skills fresh for Tower Control; It's brutal when you're riding the Tower with one. Just scoop Ink onto everyone that approaches :gibs:.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Keep your bucket skills fresh for Tower Control; It's brutal when you're riding the Tower with one. Just scoop Ink onto everyone that approaches :gibs:.

Only problem is getting the tower when they're entrenched because you can throw high or you can throw far, but you can't do both.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dr. VooDoo posted:

How are people making posts like that? Just very carefully doing pixel art compared to a something on their computer or is there some kind of program that somehow does it

Some of both. I think most people are making them from scratch or by overlaying a source image on the screen.

Somebody on Reddit recently revealed a program they made that simulates inputs from a fightstick or something over USB to "print" things in splatoon using scripted inputs, though, so at least some of them are probably that.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I've been trying to find a build I like to counter all the brush/bucket spam at my rank of Tower Control because I want to be a special snowflake who doesn't jump on the bandwagon

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why does nobody else ever spam Booyah while super jumping :(

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Are there Aviators or Shutter Shades in the game? I just need either of those and I'll be the freshest squid on the block

EDIT: I also need the Aerospray RG if it's still gold

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 24, 2017

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

A few questions:

-Is there a reliable time to know when Salmon Run is online? Or do I need to keep checking the app?
-When can I unlock more slots on my items? As it stands, I'm getting around the 2-slots per item issue by ordering items online.
-How does wiping/applying abilities work? How many times will I need to wipe an ability before I can apply it to new gear?
-When does new gear drop? I've gained a few levels and most the items in my shops are owned.
-Are there any notably good abilities I might not notice? Right now I'm trying to target Sub and Main ink.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dr. VooDoo posted:

From what I have heard there are programs that will pixellate the thing into the proper format, and then they painstakingly enter every pixel using the D-pad. Some have described spending like four hours on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Why does nobody else ever spam Booyah while super jumping :(

I'm too busy getting myself psychologically ready to be insta-gibbed on landing.