Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've been enjoying Last-Ditch effort on my sunglasses. It gives you ink saver and ink recovery boosts for the last 30 seconds, which is awesome in Turf War and it triggers based on score in ranked. I didn't play much ranked in 1 and am only level 9 so far in 2, so I'm not entirely sure how it works. Opening Gambit gives you run and swim speed boosts in the first 30 seconds, but I'm not entirely sure that's as good as allowing for last-minute pushes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Lakbay posted:

Are there Aviators or Shutter Shades in the game? I just need either of those and I'll be the freshest squid on the block

EDIT: I also need the Aerospray RG if it's still gold

I'd wager that the Rockenburg 18k Aviators are back in at least.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
So what do you have to do to get Murch to add slots to an item? His service to do so is locked every time I ask.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I think I get it now why people said the Splattershot Jr. was too legit to quit in the first game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think I'm gonna skip this next salmon run.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Calihan posted:

So what do you have to do to get Murch to add slots to an item? His service to do so is locked every time I ask.

Super Sea Snails which no one has until the first splatfest in 2(?) weeks

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Well, I had unreasonably high expectations for this game and they still got blown away. 10/10 would splat again (and again and again)

The only downside is I am monopolizing the TV to the point where my girlfriend will probably start to resent me soon, but then I can just switch to handheld and stay off the hook!

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

250% here I come.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Blank Construct posted:

250% here I come.

Yeah that is a great lineup of poo poo (that pubbies will be terrible with). Slosher and Roller both handle crowds well, every weapon can reach steelheads.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Blank Construct posted:

I'd wager that the Rockenburg 18k Aviators are back in at least.

Yup. My character is wearing a pair right now.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Calihan posted:

Yup. My character is wearing a pair right now.

Awesome, now to just get lucky and run into a player with it or for it to appear on the splatnet shop

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I managed to get the range blaster to superfresh. From the looks of the bar (seeing the size change up from 15 up to 22), it looks like there might be another rank up at like 50. I doubt anybody will ever find out though, unavoidable losses because of matchmaking failures and all.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
What does weapon freshness do again? Just a slight xp bonus at the end of a match?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Bill Barber posted:

What does weapon freshness do again? Just a slight xp bonus at the end of a match?

Yes, it's a per-weapon, one-time EXP and cash bonus for hitting certain points.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Bill Barber posted:

Once you build up to a certain freshness level you get a single 3000 XP boost.

Incidentally it's the same for both levels, so if you want to switch weapons after the first one you won't really lose anything.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

How do you unlock the single player weapons in multiplayer, specifically the umbrella? Do I have to play every level with it?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mabels big day posted:

How do you unlock the single player weapons in multiplayer, specifically the umbrella? Do I have to play every level with it?
Technically yes but umbrella still needs to be balanced for online so I don't think they're making that available yet, the other single player unlocks are just reskins of existing weapons.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
aughhhh I need to not be in teams with fuckin moron people

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I guess it's good for balance to not have unique weapons locked behind a bunch of single player, but I wish the P90 wasn't just a reskin of the basic splattershot.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

- As said by me, most of last night.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone know what the .52 Gal Deco's got in its weapon set yet? I miss my Seekers and Inkstrike :ohdear:.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm trying to play Tower right now and there are some people who just don't get this mode. Give me Turf War and an aero, I can carry. Give me Splat Zones and a brush, I can carry. But there just doesn't seem to be a way to carry Tower because there just isn't a way to safely control it and push it. Maybe if I were better at charger, but alas no motion controls for my brain.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Good riddance inkstrike

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

I'm trying to play Tower right now and there are some people who just don't get this mode. Give me Turf War and an aero, I can carry. Give me Splat Zones and a brush, I can carry. But there just doesn't seem to be a way to carry Tower because there just isn't a way to safely control it and push it. Maybe if I were better at charger, but alas no motion controls for my brain.

Charger is indeed the key. At B rank anyway. You could also get good with the bucket or dualies if you want to stay on the tower.

Oh, and the squelcher with poison bombs works well too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nephzinho posted:

Wait til you see someone grab the Rainmaker and try to take it back to your base.

Evil Eagle posted:

Good riddance inkstrike

I'm enjoying the Tenta Missiles at least. Jump back to Spawn, light up the entire team, jump back to someone close to where I was :ninja:.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This game has made me realize how petty I am.

*Loses game

*I have 750p, guy below me has 749p

* "God I gotta carry every team I swear"

Inversely when I bottom out the board I go "well a difference of 200p isn't bad"

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone know what the .52 Gal Deco's got in its weapon set yet? I miss my Seekers and Inkstrike :ohdear:.

I don't think it's in yet

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm enjoying the Tenta Missiles at least. Jump back to Spawn, light up the entire team, jump back to someone close to where I was :ninja:.

Yeah I was running a full special up set for a while with tenta missiles on a few different weapons. But people are getting wise to them I think so I'm swapping over to ink saver.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Jarogue posted:

I think I get it now why people said the Splattershot Jr. was too legit to quit in the first game

The best part is, the Splatty J was nerfed in this game compared to Splatoon 1 - Ink Armor isn't nearly as powerful as the Bubbler was.

Ink Armor's pretty much a temporary suit of single player armor. The Bubbler was something like ten seconds of absolute invincibility.

The J is still a real good gun, though, and I'm glad it remains a player-friendly gun in Turf War. Though Neph is right in that the Tentatek is also an incredible "can do most everything" gun (its main-sub-special setup is close to ideal), and it's cheap and available at level 3.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Most of those are good weapons (just seeing the Splash-o-matic makes me go :getin: irl, as that gun was my jam later in S1's life) though the standard-rear end Charger is a little suspect and yes, a lot of randoms are like as not to be loving terrible with it and the Tri-Slosher, despite the fact that the Tri-Slosher should be a loving murdercannon in most Salmon modes.

Tender Bender posted:

I hear you, but the game's been out for literally three days.

Nephzinho posted:

Splat 1 bias. And some frustration from some vets losing Professional to helping out newer players. Feel like there will be a lot more "professional only" groups when Salmon Run isn't up 24 hours.

Yeah, some of it might just be salt from me knowing the basics of a lot of these weapons already. Problem is, once you're out past Go-getter, your tryhard pants are kind of belted on by default, and losing 20%+ pay grade from a rank down just because some folks don't know the weapons is not a "good feel", as the fresh kids say these days.

I still hold to the premise, though - learning, at least basically, what the weapons do and their rough performance envelopes will pay dividends almost immediately. You'll gain a lot of matchup knowledge off the bat.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Deco is fuckin' gone, at least for now. Rip the bling and inkstrikes. (I wouldn't be surprised to see the blingcannon return in a patch, though - lord knows we're getting a lot of them over a year.)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

Technically yes but umbrella still needs to be balanced for online so I don't think they're making that available yet, the other single player unlocks are just reskins of existing weapons.

Ah, dang, I was having fun with it in single player.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

In my head I know I shouldn't get mad at my team unless they gently caress up really blatantly (squid-jumping when it's obviously not safe, taking the rainmaker the wrong way) but in reality I can and will bark futile epithets my uncaring television screen.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

This game has made me realize how petty I am.

*Loses game, I have 750p, guy below me has 749p, "God I gotta carry every team I swear"

Inversely when I bottom out the board I go "well a difference of 200p isn't bad"

Supercar Gautier posted:

In my head I know I shouldn't get mad at my team unless they gently caress up really blatantly (squid-jumping when it's obviously not safe, taking the rainmaker the wrong way) but in reality I can and will bark futile epithets my uncaring television screen.

Splatoon 2 has always been extremely good at revealing the darkness hidden within your soul (and in my case, my burning need to overpost).

mabels big day posted:

Ah, dang, I was having fun with it in single player.

The Brella is probably coming in the next week or two - given how heavily it was advertised and the fact that it's in the SP already, it's probably done and they're just sitting on it to make it a hype update and keep the attention going. They did similar things early in S1, too.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Will you be on tomorrow afternoon for Salmon Run? Want to get a profeshional group together tomorrow so we don't do the nonsense where a single gently caress up turns us into a revolving door of catching someone up from Overachiever while noone gets any buffer on their points into Profresh.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

SpaceDrake posted:

just seeing the Splash-o-matic makes me go :getin: irl, as that gun was my jam later in S1's life

Hella saaame. I scrolled up sheldon's locked weapons list at level 4 to look at the silhouettes, see if i could spot the level for mah boi. (I think it's around 25 btw)

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

Will you be on tomorrow afternoon for Salmon Run? Want to get a profeshional group together tomorrow so we don't do the nonsense where a single gently caress up turns us into a revolving door of catching someone up from Overachiever while noone gets any buffer on their points into Profresh.

:words: at you on Discord 'bout it. Don't know if I'll be on at opening but I should be around for a bit.

Gimbal lock posted:

Hella saaame. I scrolled up sheldon's locked weapons list at level 4 to look at the silhouettes, see if i could spot the level for mah boi. (I think it's around 25 btw)

It is either 24 or 25, yeah. It comes with toxic mist and the inkjet this time around, which is about as :getin: as I can imagine.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man I wish the splatling gun had ink armor for its special, I love it when a teammate pops it and saves my rear end and by default whatever area I'm locking down. When you use ink armor, you don't always know the good you're doing, but it's a great help for your team.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Here I thought after 3 years of Splatoon we'd finally be free of the "walks around shooting directly down at their feet" Turf War players, but here I am getting them on my team again :negative:

Also I'm actually warming up to the Splatling now. The range certainly helps with the current problem of Aerosprays being everywhere.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Icedude posted:

Here I thought after 3 years of Splatoon we'd finally be free of the "walks around shooting directly down at their feet" Turf War players, but here I am getting them on my team again :negative:

Also I'm actually warming up to the Splatling now. The range certainly helps with the current problem of Aerosprays being everywhere.

That's my kid. He's only 3, ok?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait til you see someone grab the Rainmaker and try to take it back to your base.

I got slightly irritated when this happened, but I don't think there's a proper tutorial for rainmaker?

I'm glad I quit getting mad at video games and became a no-voice chat pubbie/random a long time ago :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Supercar Gautier posted:

Dude when I ink a shortcut for the person with the rainmaker and they just walk right past it. That poo poo gets me every time. Also I'm loving surgical with the rainmaker.