Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

thatguy posted:

That's when you bring out your inner Alex Jones and start out-crazying her conspiracy theories with your own.

...Derek. Smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

Because citizens have a fascinating tendency to transfer all imaginable faults and complaints regarding SC onto ED, and in return transferring all accomplishments and design cleverness in ED onto SC. They're basically playing the wrong game, but rather than admit that the game they want to play already exists, they use it as a scape goat to create all kind of imagined reasons why they shouldn't.
You mean they're not playing the wrong game. No one is playing SC.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Meridian posted:

...Derek. Smart.

It's not a conspiracy if they're all out to get you.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Hav posted:

I find chemtrails are usually a good starter.
I'm a big fan of microchips and/or nanobots being forcefully implanted in people.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

tuo posted:

I might remember it wrong, but didn't CIG show off ship skins some time after Gamescom last year in an ATV, and said that the devs are currently testing how to implement them, and the Shitizens started speculating when and for how much they will be available, because they couldn't wait buying them? Could also have been some live stream around the Gamescom time...but I remember either Youtube comment section or Twitch chat going crazy with Shitizens in full "shut up and take my money"-mode regarding some skins for a racing ship.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

thatguy posted:

I'm a big fan of microchips and/or nanobots being forcefully implanted in people.
I'd like to see mandatory pip-boys which constantly display your credit score for all to see, so the elites could more easily spot the untouchables from a safe distance.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Rudager posted:

That's the Citizen's narrative on the situation, that Braben is a money hungry tyrant for charging $40 for an expansion.

No they do not see the irony in their statements either.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also, CIG ended up implementing the handful of skins they have in the absolute most CIG way possible - to get a cool skin on a ship you had to buy an entirely new ship, usually with the same lovely loadout (or very close) as the 'stock' version, but with a dumb paint job and some bullshit story about the legendary pilot who flew it or whatever.

CIG posted:

Created as part of the ‘Masters of Flight’ series in conjunction with the flight-sim Arena Commander, the Renegade pays tribute to famed pilot Danny Solomon for his notable work with the Advocacy to bring justice to Bremen. This Avenger Titan comes equipped with a specialized dogfighting focused loadout and a custom special edition livery honoring this iconic ship.

People on reddit got really really mad when I asked if it was the same as PGI's hero mechs

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kromlech posted:

You mean they're not playing the wrong game. No one is playing SC.

Tomayto — tomahto.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

I started following this mess about 4 years ago and the only major change is that the amazing gameplay is now 3 weeks away instead of 2.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Soulcrusher, once again with the bad news.

roflingstones
May 19, 2009
reason for the delays: just bit of a bad luck here and there thats all

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
DEREK SMART! :argh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6p8v6h/stop_to_quote_things_said_by_cr_before_2016_the/dknwozr/

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
"Historically it's taken 3 weeks, but now it might be longer"

Lol. Surely, after 3.0 everything is going to be streamlined and get done faster, right?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

I started following this mess about 4 years ago and the only major change is that the amazing gameplay is now 3 weeks away instead of 2.
It always takes longer and it's always worse.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

I find millimeter wave radar to be the current fear d'jour. poo poo's impressive.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

AbstractNapper posted:

"Historically it's taken 3 weeks, but now it might be longer"

Lol. Surely, after 3.0 everything is going to be streamlined and get done faster, right?
I hear it gets easier to add stuff to software the bigger and more complex it gets.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

The fact that Gary parpman is in the lower left corner makes me think these are not sincere, but it's a very good troll

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

The fact that Gary parpman is in the lower left corner makes me think these are not sincere, but it's a very good troll

The funny thing is though, they are so good the Gary Parpman in the corner is the only thing that gives a clue, everything else about it seem written by the devoted SC crowd.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

So to recap the last 10 pages: True believers are proclaiming that SC is a different game than what was originally promised. But they are ALSO claiming that anyone who asks for a refund or otherwise complains about the delays and changes doesn't understand game development?

That is by far the most impressive case of cognitive dissonance ever.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/889598444976975873

:toot:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Eldragon posted:

So to recap the last 10 pages: True believers are proclaiming that SC is a different game than what was originally promised. But they are ALSO claiming that anyone who asks for a refund or otherwise complains about the delays and changes doesn't understand game development?

That is by far the most impressive case of cognitive dissonance ever.

Also everything prior to 2017 is FUD bullshit and needs to move discussed or talked about.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

When will we see the standard variant of the racing variant?

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

VealCutlet posted:

When will we see the standard variant of the racing variant?

I'm more interested in when we will get the "hello Kitty" variant.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sabreseven posted:

The funny thing is though, they are so good the Gary Parpman in the corner is the only thing that gives a clue, everything else about it seem written by the devoted SC crowd.
"Elite's unseemly marketing tactics"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I realize CIG has to monetize and squeeze every single red cent out of every single thing they do, but the car they showed does not even look like a racing car.

It might be the incredibly poor wheel system, but that looks like it will never move faster than 20mph while giving the rider enough bumps and bruises to kill them.

But hey, ground car racing is still pretty easy in out of the box CryEngine for an untalented team of modders to handle, so go for it. :)

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Actress.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/889301475377246208

Lesnick is making boredom his bitch.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kromlech posted:

"Elite's unseemly marketing tactics"

Being upfront about your costs and using standard business practices is really very mean of them. I mean, how is a guy ever going to figure out what he gets for his money that way? :magical:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No way this is real lol. 3 weeks, probabaly more for evocati? No loving way

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

"Oh hey that thing you are charging people hundreds of dollars for isn't even actually made yet?"

*crickets*

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

The Titanic posted:

I realize CIG has to monetize and squeeze every single red cent out of every single thing they do, but the car they showed does not even look like a racing car.

It might be the incredibly poor wheel system, but that looks like it will never move faster than 20mph while giving the rider enough bumps and bruises to kill them.

But hey, ground car racing is still pretty easy in out of the box CryEngine for an untalented team of modders to handle, so go for it. :)

Well it's certainly no good for its original purpose of cargo carrier, so maybe racing is its true calling.

E; open your third eye and you will see an image of a catte here... the best catte.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Now they are adding a ground racing mode?

Don't they have enough unimplemented, unplanned or just broken features and game modes?

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/889301734450806784

Variety truly is the spice of life

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/889301944677810177

Ooh La La

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
tax paid

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
I try not to judge peoples hobbies, as I have some oddball ones myself. But I cannot for the life of me imagine a more boring hobby than what Ben Lesnick does. Blows my mind.

...Racing Variant....Of course, I should have thought of that before moving on to submersibles! This is why CIG make the big bucks.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"Oh gently caress yeah I'm so excited to see the Kilrathi ground buildings from Wing Commander 3!" said nobody, ever, except Ben and maybe Bootcha.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No way this is real lol. 3 weeks, probabaly more for evocati? No loving way

the last schedule report delayed nearly everything by another 2 weeks again. Way

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

You know how some people look at the lesser mentally abled and say, Look they're always smiling! Wow life must be so good for them, not knowing about the evils of the world... everyday is like a fantasy inside your head

What I'm trying to say is

Ben retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sabreseven posted:

Originally I didn't have it, and left the TBH name untouched. But I felt like if it left the thread it could cause him extra grief, make him look like a traitor. That hardly seemed fair since it's just parodying fanboyism.

So minor adjustments were made so it for the F.U.N.