Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I dunno I'm finding this kind of boring to look at. Splatoon 1 the Miiverse posts were pretty amazing to look at the really nicely done ones but I'm finding the black and white recreation of a meme with some text pretty bleh

Same, the first one or two were neat but now it's just copy after copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I wanted to see cute drawings of squids, if I wanted to see unfunny horseshit I'd go to something awful dot com forums

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Jesus but Annie's gear has been astoundingly boring today.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Not a Children posted:

PSA: Splatoon 2 uses about 150MB per hour

I'm really surprised to hear this

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Splatoon 2: Why play new maps when you can play Moray Towers in every rotation?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I like moray towers splat zones but not much else

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Splatoon 2: Why play new maps when you can play Moray Towers in every rotation?

I just played literally 10 matches in a row at Starfish Mainstage. I forgot Moray Towers was in this rotation.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

SO if you have the Rainmaker and you are surrounded and about to be splatted, shoot your feet.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Losing streaks just get depressing after awhile

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
My P90 is now SuperFresh!

Time to try out the Hero Roller I guess

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

UntunedGuitar47 posted:

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that right a way. :tipshat:

*intermission music plays*

Yea nah, doesn't work, ranked is loving retarded randoms too and elo hell is C-, but that is where I'm supposed to be as it seems. (also there is no "YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!", this is a team effort, and if you're paired with Aerosplat MG retards who still think they are hot poo poo with their curling bomb spam in ranked, you are SOL)
At least the matches in ranked are over in unter a minute, but on the flip side you get diddly squat.

My w/l ratio is now 18/32, good loving matchmaking this. :wave:

:goonsay:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I haven't even played Moray Towers since getting the game somehow.

I really want something that has stealth jump. I keep checking Annie's store on the app, checking every inkling in the plaza and I haven't seen one piece of gear with it yet. I even have the full amiibo ninja set that stupidly doesn't have it on any of the pieces.:smith:

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

g0lbez posted:

Losing streaks just get depressing after awhile

I have never in any multiplayer game lost so consistently as this one. Very bizarre.

Edit another 6 straight stomp losses. Maybe I'm like so bad I'm the cause, makes you think.

Edit 2: 8, I'll stop now as I'm questioning life choices.

Lobstertainment fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 24, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I really want something that has stealth jump. I keep checking Annie's store on the app, checking every inkling in the plaza and I haven't seen one piece of gear with it yet. I even have the full amiibo ninja set that stupidly doesn't have it on any of the pieces.:smith:

I found someone with crazy arrows yesterday, I wish you similar luck fellow goon

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, I don't jump to anyone not in a sea of my ink without it. So I pretty much don't jump to anyone. :smith:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

If it helps the Stealth Jump isn't that great anymore. Yeah you are less obvious, but if there is anyone within range to do something about it then it is kind of ineffectual.

The biggest benefit is not having them know exactly when you are landing.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If it helps the Stealth Jump isn't that great anymore. Yeah you are less obvious, but if there is anyone within range to do something about it then it is kind of ineffectual.

The biggest benefit is not having them know exactly when you are landing.

Yeah it's an AOE indicator now, you're still gonna get splatted if you're anywhere near a contentious point.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I absolutely got carried here but God drat Japan

https://twitter.com/dreamshipwreck/status/889614445684633601?s=09

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Taking forever to get 8 players together in my recent matches. Bloody get on with it Splatoon

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Sometimes poo poo is just crazy yo...

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I regularly have 10+ kill ~1000p matches with the Jr. but I'm more impressed by your ~500p inking :psyduck:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JackDarko posted:

Yeah it's an AOE indicator now, you're still gonna get splatted if you're anywhere near a contentious point.

Eh, I'm fine with that. It was honestly pretty overpowered in 1 and I never saw the point in using shoes without it. I still want a pair in this for myself though.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 24, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

BattleMaster posted:

I've had 10+ kill ~1000p matches but I'm more impressed by your ~500p inking :psyduck:

I kept trying to push for mid so it turned into a clusterfuck. I'm a bad, I know

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

LethalGeek posted:

:staredog:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Ranked can be a hell of a meatgrinder just by way of sending all the players to one spot on the map, but I admit I've never seen a kill count break 30.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I played my first (and only, to date) ranked game last night. It was the zone-control one and about ten seconds in poo poo just started happening. Some kind of weird countdown of points and teams losing control and both teams are splatting poo poo in a tiny area, all of which made for a supremely confusing experience for someone who had never seen this game mode before. I should probably read up on these modes or something because :confused:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

You're gonna rank straight to a with a performance like that

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Martytoof posted:

I played my first (and only, to date) ranked game last night. It was the zone-control one and about ten seconds in poo poo just started happening. Some kind of weird countdown of points and teams losing control and both teams are splatting poo poo in a tiny area, all of which made for a supremely confusing experience for someone who had never seen this game mode before. I should probably read up on these modes or something because :confused:

In Splat Zones, each team has a counter that starts at 100. If you can paint most of the zone in your colour, then your team will gain control of the zone, it will flash-fill with your team's ink, and your counter will start ticking down. If neither team has a decisive majority of coverage, that's when you get the "We/They Lost Control!" message, and neither team's counter will tick down until someone reclaims the zone. The game ends when one team can hold the zone long enough to get their counter down to zero, or when time is up (in which case the winner is whoever got their counter lower).

A couple other rules:
-If a map has multiple separate zones, you need to control all of them simultaneously.
-When the zone changes hands, the team that lost control of it will have a penalty added to their counter, corresponding to the spread between the teams. This penalty doesn't count for scoring purposes, but that team has to burn through it before their main counter will start ticking down again.
-If the trailing team has control when timer runs out, the game will go into overtime. As long as that team can hang on to the zone, they have a chance for a come-from-behind victory. The game will end either as soon as they lose control, or when they surpass the other team.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Ranked can be a hell of a meatgrinder just by way of sending all the players to one spot on the map, but I admit I've never seen a kill count break 30.

I got 24 during a splatfest with the prenerf luna blaster. I boxed in three members of the opposing team for a minute and a half and somehow my team was unable to outink a single roller so we still lost.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

keep in mind, ping advantage is real.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Splashdown is the more balanced and satisfying inkstrike

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
*bangs hands on table* Let me play Salmon Run Nintendo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So what are everyone's favourite and least favourite new maps so far?

The Reef is probably my least favourite, yet the app says it's the one I've played the most so far. JOY. I'm not a massive fan of the fitness one either. I think it's because these are the two where I've found that if you start to lose early on you're usually hosed forever.

On the other hand, I really like the Art Academy. I'm just now realising I thought the Shipyard and Starfish Mainstage levels were the same thing, but I think I like them both. Pump Track is ok.

Also re the two old maps, Port was always a favourite and I still love it now, while I never used to like Towers but it's a lot better with the rails/curling bomb special.

ALSO I needs more tokens, how I get them

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Splashdown is pretty rad, yes. The Dualies are also nice, there's a chance they may take over my bucket love.

Wal-Mart came through for me today. They had 3 consoles when my other two stops didn't have any in stock.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Haven't played on the new maps enough to form a solid opinion, but Port Mackrel is the worst. I always hated it in Splatoon. I'd say it was the worst map in the game but Arrowana Mall existed.

They should put Kelp Dome back in ASAP.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

We spent 90% of the match with the tower in their space. My teammates were managing that, I was flanking everyone constantly since they were coming off the spawn of ..uh the map with the bridge over the dip... straight to the tower coming up the ramp, so their whole left side was exposed and I was making sure they didn't do anything smart.

Course someone got me and then they pushed all the way to ours and actually took the lead with :30 to go or so. Which prompted me to go on a spree to not let a certain victory go to poo poo as they do sometimes, if you look at the scores we only won by 1 point.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Ugh low level people have no idea how to make a path for the rainmaker

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I'm becoming attached to the Splattershot Pro's tactic to defeat everyone that involves slowly walking backwards

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
The brush is so-so, but the Octobrush is really really good. Great as a backstabbing type weapon, with good turf coverage. If you were underwhelmed by the first one, give it a try.

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I had my set of favorite maps in Splatoon 1, but I feel that all but the fitness one in the second game are better maps.