Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://sketchfab.com/models/8c76cb19d048406fa64fde6f67d87e1f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

The thing has no purpose.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Aimed directly at any lurking CIG drone : Why even loving bother with a race variant, it's not like you've actually finished an area for it to race on without glitching like fuckery into everything. Actually when was the last time CIG finalised/finished literally *anything*?

If you're going to the effort though, add a bunch of useless vents to suck in the thick moon atmosphere, a aero foil/spoiler on the roof for downforce for when it runs low on gravity goo, a thruster for "boosting" with, and a drive train with actual wheels attatched to it rather than bogey spigots from a WW1/2 tank. Oh and if putting usable road wheels on is too much trouble or not enough fidelity for the grand thumb-ble gently caress, don't forget to raise the ride height from the chassis to the terrain so that the usual ground quality of a moon and wafer thin mints don't cause it to ground out.

G0RF posted:

Originally I didn't have it, and left the TBH name untouched. But I felt like if it left the thread it could cause him extra grief, make him look like a traitor. That hardly seemed fair since it's just parodying fanboyism.

So minor adjustments were made so it for the F.U.N.

I learned something new today :) Thanks Gorf :discourse:

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

You know how some people look at the lesser mentally abled and say, Look they're always smiling! Wow life must be so good for them, not knowing about the evils of the world... everyday is like a fantasy inside your head

What I'm trying to say is

Ben retarded
Should we envy shitizens?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Meridian posted:

The thing has no purpose.

Clip through and check out how much room in the back there is for 'cargo'

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/the-3-0-moon-mapping-project

So this is called 'fun' I guess.

and this is called bullshit

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

theyre getting what they deserve either way so a W for us.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

G0RF posted:

Originally I didn't have it, and left the TBH name untouched. But I felt like if it left the thread it could cause him extra grief, make him look like a traitor. That hardly seemed fair since it's just parodying fanboyism.

So minor adjustments were made so it for the F.U.N.

You do it better then their own marketing department.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Of course, all well designed ground vehicles ever have absolutely zero bracing between the rear wheels and put the pivot point of the trailing arm near the middle (both in length and in height) of the vehicle body, this totally means the rear wheels won't bounce inwards and outwards on every bump it hits and it totally won't be completely uncontrolable on corners. Always good to have the rear drive wheels trailing way behind the rearmost end too in order to get as much "holy gently caress it's flipping end over end on accelleration!!" as possible when going up hills

(I'm nitpicking and bringing in some actual automotive engineering knowledge as I really hate that dumb offroad design they've come up with) :classiclol:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

I'm the increasingly baroque ways of telling everybody "Just 2 more weeks"

:eyepop:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/everybody-can-check-out-the-million-mile-high-club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5pZ3BFEmHU

:toot:

Amazing Zimmo fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 25, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

it's even dumber in 3D! Also lol is that big box in the back supposed to be a cargo crate that it's holding? Cause if so you're gonna need like 6 commandos to lift that poo poo into place, and you better make sure you get it exactly right or it won't clamp down.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Each morning, before I head to work I internet ghost space wander this thread to get that amusement for the day. I've been doing this for most of the past year, SC has entertained me more than any media I've bought.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

TheAgent posted:

I was out to dinner with a group of people and one lady would not shut up about how evil the clintons were. everyone, including myself, tried to change the loving topic off of the clintons being satans pawns and how every bad thing since the late 1970s has been their fault but she just wouldn't loving stop. she would say things like "oh I'm not trying to say they are bad people, but how many wars can a single family start??" and "chelsea is too far gone at this point, her mother has sunk her claws so deep into that girl's soul. no help for her"

this was in loving pasedena of all goddamn places. like what the gently caress. what in the loving gently caress.

i feel like conservatives have been conditioned by blobs like rush limbaugh to blame everything on the clintons, but at the same time people on the left gave her a pass for stealing an election from bernie sanders. we should split the difference so instead of one group still talking about vince foster in tyool 2017 the other giving her the time of day after that bullshit primary, all of america should just agree to ignore the clintons entirely

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8t1Hg02PLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoyjyk32F38

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/cyclone-eva-with-jets

:lol::lol: Space cars to go with the space biplanes.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

:xcom:

Hello, Commandos! I know I said I was going to quit making GBS threads up the thread with my pledge recruitment drives, so this is going to be the last one. All future stream shilling will be limited to the Streaming Thread in the LP sub forum for the foreseeable future. That said, here's our current mission status:

Though several key members of Goon Crew's A squad have been winged, singed, concussed and scuffed, we haven't taken any major casualties since Kosumo's unfortunate death at the hands of a drunk, incompetent commander. Several of our rookie recruits have grown into fully fledged Goons and we're on the way to tackling our first big story mission, as it's very likely going to bite us in the rear end that we've put it off for so long.

With the campaign having gone relatively smooth so far, I sense misadventure and death in our immediate future, so if ever there was a time that Goon Crew needed support, it's now!

Pledge your loyalty and get a kickin' rad Goon Commando geared up to take the fight to the Vanduul Advent Chilldankli Stimpire.

:xcom:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

You should have included Sandi's name for extra hilarity/authenticity.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

You know what this means? They don't even have the thing built/fleshed out before the sale.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The best part of this is the showcase of Chris Roberts as his last foray into pc gaming was when the Voodoo card was just starting to get popular, and a texture map on a box was just becoming a reality.

Yes, backers, this guy who barely even coded 20 years ago is totally going to redefine technology today. He's got such experts as modders as his lead programming staff.

Be in awe as your epic space adventure turns into a third rate, but super pretty, barely functional Call of Duty ripoff with about a 13 player cap on this badass MMO environment, where communication technology for the Internet was rebuilt worse by first job college graduates.

I'm so excited for the future I made a wet spot! :ohdear:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

I volunteer :toot: Put me down as whatever soldier for you've got available, just make my armor bright, garish green. A soldier from the US would be favorite, but I'm not picky.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

spacetoaster posted:

You know what this means? They don't even have the thing built/fleshed out before the sale.

that's why it's a concept sale. it's tough, i know.

and it's almost like they're not trying to hide it.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Lazrin posted:

so it's not 3.0 then :rimshot:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

Would you say it's simple concept to get?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

No, this is why within 45 minutes of anything going live there will be 200 players on it already discovering it, 60 of them camping the spot to grief people, 10 of them making a YouTube video of first contact, and 5 of them writing comprehensive wiki articles about the loot, location it can be found, monsters and what to expect, and relative strategies to beat it and farm it.

But yeah, exploration is totally a viable job and there will be easily almost maybe 50 points of interest waiting for you to discover in maybe almost 15 locations of which probably only 4 will actually be landable.

Oh and you can race in the worlds shittiest dune buggy masquerading behind the mechanics of a standard CryEngine jeep.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lazrin posted:

That just makes it worse. That level of idiocy is something you should be ashamed of and try to hide.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kellanved posted:

Each morning, before I head to work I internet ghost space wander this thread to get that amusement for the day. I've been doing this for most of the past year, SC has entertained me more than any media I've bought.

Glad to entertain you daily, friend! :hfive:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Par for the course with CIG. :D Their entire business plan is literally *Show poorly edited picture of 'thing'-> beg for money with it -> think about starting to digitally fabricate 'thing' -> realize 'thing' doesn't work/forget to finish game section that 'thing' relies upon -> redesign 'thing' -> start over with fresh concept sale of improved 'super/specialized thing' -> repeat ad nauseum until peak whale wallet vacuum*

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lazrin posted:

How much are you in for, commando?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Lazrin posted:

Hey friend. You never replied to the revised chart I made for you.

Did you get any use out of it? Or the goon-redacted one that followed?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Virtual Captain posted:

I feel bad about this but earlier I saw this old MoMA quote:

and coincidentally saw City State Entertainment Mark Jacobs say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajnHG76Tabw&t=1329s

I have zero idea what game that is but the apologies by the dev on delays and how they don't plan to "sell" any more tiers because backers don't deserve that disrespect, all the while giving out refunds no questions asked is surprisingly legit refreshing.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

G0RF posted:

Hey friend. You never replied to the revised chart I made for you.

Did you get any use out of it? Or the goon-redacted one that followed?

oh i missed it. you did something just for me? can you link it?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

oh i missed it. you did something just for me? can you link it?

Lazrin posted:

but props to gorf on the infographic, it's well done, accurate and informative. too bad the biased commentary skews it rather than just being pure data.

Here's a Pure Data edition, friend. Just for you.

Also here are some objectively Interesting Facts about the game. I think you will agree there's no F.U.D. on display here, just FUN!

Variable 5 posted:

You should have included Sandi's name for extra hilarity/authenticity.

Then it would be overtly faked -- homegirl doesn't work! She just shows up for acting gigs on ATV and fights back tears on stage twice a year thinking about how her one bonafide shot at Hollywood glory got Star Marine'd by The Code Whisperer...

I really liked that the original user name was TBH. The TBQH variation felt like a gently ironic callback. Not too obvious but still distinct.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 25, 2017

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

good stuff, the chart is great when you leave the cruft out...

i'm gonna laminate it

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

good stuff, the chart is great when you leave the cruft out...

i'm gonna laminate it

Awesome. Then it will not have been in vain.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Gorf, your chart is popping up in game articles without them crediting you. If I was you I would demand at least two jpegs in payment.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58522/star-citizen-alpha-3-lets-land-moon/index.html

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Gorf, your chart is popping up in game articles without them crediting you. If I was you I would demand at least two jpegs in payment.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58522/star-citizen-alpha-3-lets-land-moon/index.html

G0RF, Warrior with Unstoppable FUD

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Wow, comes back from a year hiatus and he's already Ryan Archer'd all over the internet. Impressive typing G0RF

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Then it would be overtly faked -- homegirl doesn't work! She just shows up for acting gigs on ATV and fights back tears on stage twice a year thinking about how her one bonafide shot at Hollywood glory got Star Marine'd by The Code Whisperer...

You overestimate the True Believers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Drunk Theory posted:

Wow, comes back from a year hiatus and he's already Ryan Archer'd all over the internet. Impressive typing G0RF

Wow that's funny. Well, whatever helps clarify public understanding -- the story must be told, after all.

Beet Wagon posted:

G0RF, Warrior with Unstoppable FUD

I dunno Beet, if Lazrin is laminating it for his wall, it can't be FUD, right?

I mean, the only editorial content is a Chris Roberts quote from a year ago, stating his goal of delivering, 4 planets, 12 planets, 30 - 40 Moons and several long-awaited new game mechanics before December 19th of that year.

So much ambition and confidence can't help but be inspiring to read -- last year, this year or any year!

Variable 5 posted:

You overestimate the True Believers.

I try not to -- "You gotta believe!"

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 25, 2017